Rim Rock Ranch Resort
Burney Motel(Burney)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Rose Quartz Inn(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Antlers Motel(Chester)
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I traveled 8,500 miles this summer through national parks and stayed in a wide variety of places. This was the lowest point. So low that it is now a funny story. I stayed here en route from Lassen Volcanic to Crater Lake National Parks.

The owner shuffled little pieces of paper around trying to find my reservation, not a good sign. This is not a ranch. It is a series of cabins and an old barn or garage.

My room was "#12 on the upper floor of the building right behind us." (The implication being that there are motel rooms 1-11?) I drove right by it!

The "building" turned out to be what was once probably a small barn or garage and my room upstairs was one of two upper rooms. (The numbers 1-10 referred to cabins.) The words rickety and delapitated come to mind when I think of the building. My room was very small and the bathroom was more like a closet. The outside wooden staircase was scary. I crept into bed and couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

In retrospect, I should have driven further north.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank SandraWilmington_NC
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Our family comes to Rim Rock Ranch for our yearly fishing trip. Love this place! The staff is awesome. All sorts of places to stay from big family cabins to small cozy cabins for two to the bed and breakfast.

Rustic cabins allows you to detach from the outside world. No cellphone reception, no TVs distractions! It's great if you want to spend quality time with your family. Close to beautiful Burney Falls, Hat Creek and Lassen National Park, plus many more. Our favorite part of the day is making s'mores outside or cabin in the fire pits.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank angavillan
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin with kitchen and outdoor eating area and it was great. Rustic and authentic, clean and cheap. The owners are friendly and provide hiking information as well as guided trout-fishing outings. Food store on site.
No cell service, no a/c, so plan accordingly.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2009

The Rim Rock Ranch Resort is for the traveler who can survive with no frills and is budget conscious. A great choice for a hiking around Mount Lassen National Park (17 miles from the Manzanita Lake entrance) or fishing in Hat Creek when you want more than canvas over your head and no chilly night walks to the toilet. They have a small store on site open from 8am to 8pm for all your basic outdoor supplies.

My wife and I really enjoyed our 2 night stay in one of the "motel" units. The room was tiny
but clean with a microwave, mini-fridge and small coffee maker. As a bonus there was a small grill where you could cook you day's catch providing you brought charcoal. The staff were friendly and helpful. Next time we hope to try one of the cabins.

If you are staying in the area, I would also recommend breakfast and Saturday night
BBQ at JJ's Cafe a short distance down Hwy 89. Be forewarned that the restaurants in the area usually close by 7pm!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple