“Be Carefull”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Station
Hat Creek Resort & RV Park
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Its hard to imagine this place. Really nice location and there it stops. We stayed in a cabin. The cement steps are extremely dangerous. Law suit in the offing. The floors are so filthy, that after a few steps in socks, the bottoms were completely black. A reeking stench coming from the kitchen sink smelled like rotting fish. Cruddy dishes in cabinets. The rudest employees I have ever witnessed. As if they were going out of their way not to be any help. We left after one night and refund was turned down. Will never go near the place again and have told the people I know.
There is a lot more I could say and if you do not believe, go on up and try it yourself. God help you if you do.

Room Tip: find anywhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank REED547
pcroce, Guest Relations Manager at Hat Creek Resort & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

We are very concerned about the review you posted and very puzzled as to when you stayed at the property. You wrote this review on April 11, 2013, but the property does not open for business until April 15, 2013.

We were made aware of management problems in the past, so at the end of last year we brought in a new very experienced management team that understand Guest Service to the fullest.

Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Spent one night in a cabin here recently.
Cannot complain about service, it was ok - I mean the reception. They are gone at 5pm and back at 9am so I am not sure what you do in between if you have an issue - call them if you arrive after 5!!!
The cabin was pretty big and spacious, kitchen fully equiped (stove,microwave,coffemaker,big fridge, even dishwasher detergent), TV with DVD player and free wireless.
BUT: dirty, dirty, dirty!!! Spiderwebs in every corner (with fresh flies hanging in them), dirty floors, spiders plenty in bathtub, dust and dirt on every window, couch and chairs not very inviting either - hubby had to sleep there and I wrapped them in our own blankets and beach towels! And the highlight at night: mice!!!
Happily doing what they do best (running around and chewing/scratching on furniture), which kept us awake for ... the whole night:-(. Now being in the forest, this might be seen as a "collateral damage" or accident, would it not have been for the plenty of mouse poop in every drawer of the TV stand - I discovered that trying to locate the rodent(s). Not cool, especially when traveling with a small child and after people died after being infected with Hanta Virus in Yosemite (by mice) not long ago:-(. I try to keep smiling but cannot stop counting the days until the incubation period is over :-(
We left first time in the morning after not closing an eye all night and could not really complain since everything was closed - but man did I want to get my money back!!! There are not many options to spent the night around there, unfortunately, but if you can, find something else - or clean the cabin yourself...

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank MaxyMommy
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have been to this resort many times over the past few summers, my family has always loved it! I found myself very disappointed this year. The main attraction that always brought back were the movies they would play on a big screen nestled in the trees and the fresh popped popcorn they handed out. The kids loved it! Now, we are told they are "too busy this year to play movies". The basketballs for the basketball court were flat, when we asked if they could be filled up on a Friday, they were still flat on the Sunday that we left. The recreation room in that is shown on their web-site is now an empty gutted out room. The warm and friendly staff that always greeted us with a smile and made you feel welcome are no longer there. We were greeted instead by what seemed to be very unhappy people that consider you a burden. On the plus side, the store has been remodeled, however, that seems to be the main focus of the staff now. What ever happened to taking care of the campers that are spending a lot of $ for a camp-site every night to stay there? Unfortunately, I am sad to say that we will never be back. I have told all of our friends and family that have stayed here in the past about our experience this year, and they will not be back either. If you are looking for a kid friendly campground this is no longer the place. Hereford Ranch Campground just a little down the road has much, much more to offer!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank lisa w
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I will never camp at the Hat Creek RV Resort again. Do not call in your stay at this resort. The staff is incompetent and will screw up your reservations. I called in to shorten my stay and it was not changed so I had to pay for days I was not there. The staff refused to do anything because they said they never make mistakes. I was told if they refunded everyone, they would be out of business.(sounds like they make a lot of mistakes!) I had spoken to a few campers at the resort and have had similar complaints. I told them we would not stay there again and they told me fine, we’re always full and don’t need your business! WOW! Such terrible customer service! They gave out misinformation.(telling people free fishing day was Friday, July 6 when it was actually Saturday, July 7th.)They have terrible cable tv service(doesn’t work at all!) They clean their septic tanks by your camp without warning so you get a nice aroma of crap for breakfast!
I RECOMMEND STAYING AT THE RANCHERIA RV RESORT ON HWY 89.

Room Tip: I would call for a reservation. The staff is incompetent and will screw up your reservations. It hap...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Ken L
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We reserved 2 trailer sites and one tent site several months prior to our stay of one week. First thing to know...this is no RESORT. There is virtually no Wifi, no cell reception, no game room (we had with us 2 children), the laundry facilities are small and the dryers poorly functioning and the shower was a mess. On the plus side, we were right on beautiful Hat Creek!! The kids caught lots of fish (though none there...the water was rushing too fast). The ability to have a camp fire at night was great for the family...gotta have Smores! Kids played lots of basketball, badminton and rode their bikes around the park. The ladies at the store were not friendly, not helpful, but not overtly rude. All in all, my best advice is be as self sufficient as possible.

Room Tip: Understand that if you have a creekside site, people will be walking by as there is a trail right ne...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bonnie P
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We ended our 27 day, 435 mile northbound section hike of the Pacific Crest Trail at Hat Creek on a Sunday afternoon at the very end of September (It snowed two days later!). It's a lovely place, very clean and tidy, expecially the campgrounds, and that's something we can't say for all the other places we visited along the trail. We had a motel room, #7, and it was very spacious, quiet, clean and comfortable. Other friends had a cabin and it was also very attractive, clean and comfortable. Our room had a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and coffee, so, with fixin's from the store that's part of the resort we were all set for breakfast and lunch. Free Wifi and a great guest laundry (very important to us hiker folks!). Having hiked in, we had no car and it turned out the deli/restaurant was closed (It was very off-season and the restaurant was closed Sunday/Monday.) Luckily, we met the owner as we were checking in and he offered to drive us to the nearest open restaurant (7 miles) and pick us up after dinner. He must have heard our stomachs rumbling. He was so nice! And everyone else we met at the resort was friendly and helpful, too. Lassen National Park nearby, which we hiked through, is a truly lovely, undiscovered gem and the flyfishing on Hat Creek (which flows right thru the resort) is really outstanding (we're told -- didn't get to actually try that ourselves.) We'd definitely go back and, in fact, we're already planning to spend a few days here before we start the next section of the PCT, continuing North to Canada next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0yceMB
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Very disappointing trip this year to say the least, and it saddens me to write this. My family has been going to the Hat Creek area for years and often stayed at the Hat Creek Resort before it was taken over by the current management/corporation. The current managment is not "people friendly", and when you asked one the of their staff a question, the management would step in and sarcastically say "they are just employees." How embarassing for us as well and the "employee." The ladies who checked us in were very nice, but lacked in training...one the most frustrating experiences we ever had! We were there over the Labor Day weekend and you would think they would staff it accordingly, as well as stocking up on basic items in their general store, and maintaining the facility especially the restrooms!. In addition...don't pay cash! My son , who paid cash, was overcharged. They didn't deduct the deposit made several months in advance when he checked in. By the time he realized what had happened there was no way to prove it. When we asked the managment to check on it we were treated poorly, and of course they said we didn't over-pay. Those who have stayed there before know what I am talking about. Their receipts are very confusing. Overall...the rates were to high for what you receive...in both facilities and service. Under the current conditions, and management...we won't go back. I recommend staying at Rippling Waters, Hereford Ranch, Rancheria, or Cassel Campground. Much better customer service!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Penny M

Been to Hat Creek Resort & RV Park? Share your experiences!