Hat Creek Resort & RV Park
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Old Station
See available hotels
Burney Motel(Burney)
  • Restaurant
Mill Creek Resort(Mill Creek)
  • Restaurant
Himont Motel(Fall River Mills)
View Hotel
Fall River Hotel(Fall River Mills)
Antlers Motel(Chester)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pacific crest trailcooking itemsqueen bedroom was largelassenpctmoteltvcottagefurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation at Hat Creek on 4/21/13. Then we rerouted our trip plans and I cancelled on 5/21 for a reservation 6 weeks later. The resort kept $25 as a cancelation fee. DO NOT make reservations at Hat Creek unless there is no chance you will change travel plans. I have never heard of this before.

Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Finndance
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I think this is our 4th time staying at Hat Creek Resort at Old Station. WE really love it there. We just take our food and they have everything else. Kitchen is stocked with everything you need. The cabins are clean. Beds are comfy. Heat and air cond. You can walk outside your door and fish! WE caught fish again. They bite the best on worms. There are picnic tables outside and bar b q's as well as fire pits. They have TV and they have free internet. So happy there. My idea of camping :)

Room Tip: Watch for a groupon deal. You can save a lot of money on the Groupon
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sally J
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the standard queen motel room while visiting Lassen. You can not beat the location! Manzanita Lake entrance is around 10-15 minutes drive. Butte lake campground (the starting point for Cinder Cone hike) is also around 20-25 minutes drive. So, you can go in either direction on CA-44 to access different trails.
This place may look rundown from outside. But, the rooms are clean, properly kept, fully equipped with refrigerator and microwave. They are small though. But, you can not ask for more while staying that close to Lassen. Be aware of the fact that you might not get any signal in your cell phone ( I have AT & T). They provide free Wi-fi which is painfully slow. Altogether, I would highly recommend this place for Lassen visitors.

Room Tip: If you are getting motel room, try booking rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nilotpalr
Reviewed 13 August 2013

General remark:
First things first: As far as I can judge it, all accommodations close to Lassen Volcanic National Park are very basic.
If you need a supermarket and some restaurants around to be happy, you should consider staying e.g. in Burney (40 miles to the northern park entrance) or in Chester (25 miles to the southern park entrance).

Service:
Okay, we can’t blame the owners that there was a power blackout when we arrived so we had to drive back 30 miles to Burney to get something to eat.
But even on the 2nd day we could not do our laundry because the facilities were out of order.
Wi-Fi connection was very bad.

Motel Room
The room was equipped with a fridge and a microwave but no dishes. So we had to buy plastic dishes to be able to make ourselves breakfast.
The table had a reasonable size and the mattress was okay. Sleep quality was not good, though, because the shutters were to short for the window. Right in front of our room a night lamp was burning all night so it was very bright in the room. You heard a lot of noise from the room above, too.
There was not enough light in the evenings, only one bedside lamp and a second lamp on the other side of the room, no ceiling lamp. It was very difficult for 2 people to read their books in sufficient light.
The bathroom was quite worn. The additional set of towels was appreciated. The bathroom window could be opened to get some fresh air in.
There was no hairdryer in the room. When I asked at reception, they told me it is not part of the room service. So I had not only a bad hair day, but even a bad hair birthday!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nadine W
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in the motel. The outside looked dated. So I was surprised when I saw the rooms were recently remodeled, clean and very comfortable. Had a internet, TV, microwave and refrigerator. Motel staff was very pleasant and efficient. What a great place! We were on our way to Lassen Nat'l Park and saw the Resort. We were happy that they were able to accommodate us. Lassen is only 11 miles away. The breakfast sandwich we had at the little restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: We stayed in motel room 6. It was upstairs and in the corner which made for a quiet room and more private.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple