“Quiet, forested spot with great fishing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Station
Hat Creek Resort & RV Park
Reviewed 19 December 2009

We loved how quiet the park was, and the cottage we stayed in was so cozy, and right on the water. We could almost go fishing right off the deck! Safe place for the kids to roam and have a good time, and everything was very clean. We knew that the cafe in the resort was the only place nearby to eat, so we brought our own food for our stay. Between cooking for ourselves, and going to the cafe, we had plenty to eat. Our primary interests are hiking and fishing, and with Hat Creek and Lassen Volcanic National Park right here, this was our idea of heaven.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2009

Room was great. Got a room with two queen size beds in a very large room with fridge, microwave, coffee pot, TV, and limited WiFi. The WiFi was through a third party and allowed only 2 hours per day free. Probably enough for most but a bit confusing since you had to create your own id and password and agree that if you went over the 2 hour limit, charges would be billed.
So - nice room but it is in the boonies. For the evening meal you must either cook your own or travel 30 or more miles to Shingletown or other town for a restaurant that will be open. We returned from hiking at Lassen around 5:30 PM and the store/deli was closed. There is a cafe in Old Station but it was closed as well. NOTHING open in Old Station at all in the PM this time of year. The cafe was open for breakfast the next morning but the store/deli did not open until around 9:00 AM. The lady at the store who rented us the room that AM did not inform us of any of this. Would have been nice to know ahead of time. Otherwise not a bad place at all.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NationalParkHiker
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Traveled here on pleasure to visit Lassen - Had a great time with the family, great fishing, weather could have been better, but that is Mother Nature. I have read all of the reviews currently posted. I found it very pleasing to have a qualified tennant to help me to my site and understand why they do it here - Lot's of tree's and the sites are a little confusing until they get you parked - I watched one guy who decided to not stop at the store and check in have his weekend ruined when he caught the side of his RV against a tree (Man his wife was mad). My advise is to stop and check in with the front desk and let them do their jobs. I was also explained very clearly on the cancellation policy over the phone as well as with my confirmation letter that was sent to me. The staff was alway's friendly and made my family feel at home. Definetely would visit again...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler236
Reviewed 2 August 2009

This was a gem....except for the dirty carpet. Our feet were black after walking on the carpet.

Nice rooms...decor is right in line with the mountain area. Quiet. Clean.
The only food available is the grocery store with Deli next door.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yellowtrike
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Beware of their cxl policy of $25.00/per site.
We were fooled by the website and website pictures. The website makes the place look nicer than it is.
You must be guided to your site by an employee who will tell you how you will park your RV.
The campground is filled with old trailers from the 70's with make shift structures with metal roofs built around them.
Went to use the restroom and shower before 10 a.m. on a Saturday and it was closed for cleaning. Now why close the bathrooms for cleaning in the morning? Wouldn't it make more sense to clean them in the afternoon when campers are less likely to use the restrooms/showers?
$39.00 per night for a creek side site with road noise is a bit steep.
There are plenty of other campgrounds in the area. Do your research before booking here.
We had had 5 families in our group and we were all disappointed in Hat Creek Resort we will not stay here again or recommend to other family members or friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank murphyinreno
Reviewed 28 May 2008

I booked and paid for our campsite weeks in advance. A few days before our arrival the weather report called for thunderstorms. The folks at this place told me that in order to get a refund I had to cancel at least 7 days in advance.

If you stay here, don't make a reservation unless you know the weather will cooperate or you don't care abaout camping in a storm, otherwise they will keep your money.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank NorCal707
Reviewed 24 July 2007

I’m from thousands of miles away and I wanted to get a better feel for this region so I preferred not to stay in a national hotel chain. The Hat Creek Resort turned out to be a good choice. It's an authentic local place in a beautiful setting. It’s situated relaxing forest (huge trees), next to a swift, clear creek (complete with good fishing). The employees are genuinely friendly and make you feel right at home. The microwave, refrigerator, Laundromat, deli and camper store also helped make life easier on the road. My only complaints are trivial. The blinds let too much light through the windows (I had a habit of going to sleep before sunset and waking up before sunrise) and the window air conditioner was a bit loud (but I’d say that about all window air conditioners). I enjoyed it and if I'm in this area again, I'll make it a point to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank day_hiker_25

Been to Hat Creek Resort & RV Park? Share your experiences!