“Great spot to use as a base for the Point Reyes area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olema
Roundstone Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Olema B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great spot to use as a base for the Point Reyes area”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a lovely well kept house with beautiful grounds. The host, Frank, is in the house next door but is ever available and full of information about the area. The location is a few minutes from the Point Reyes Visitor Centre, a great starting point. Frank's breakfast are pretty simple: one seating at 8:30, you get what you are served, no choices but we enjoyed everything. Even got Frank's recipe for German Apple Pancakes. We did not ask but I expect you can help yourself to food if you want to get an early start.
You have access to a nice stocked kitchen. We stored our picnic items in the fridge and got takeout one night and ate on the deck with a beautiful view of the sunset and gardens. Bird watching is a treat at Roundstone as well! We would go back for sure

Room Tip: We had the pond room which was lovely, but in hindsight I would request a higher room - the Pond roo...
1 Thank leapn

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Joshua Tree, California
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I would recommend Roundstone Farm to my friends! Excellent location for exploring Point Reyes. Very comfortable, spacious, and quiet. I stayed in the Ridge Room and had excellent views of the hills as well as Tomales Bay which starts about 2 miles down the valley. The house was built specifically as a B&B, so the bedrooms in this split level, hillside house are not right next to each other. Full size bathroom, fireplace in the room. Fresh, hot, breakfast was excellent! Frank, the owner, was warm, welcoming, and very knowledgeable about the area. Watched the sunset over the ridge from the hot tub--so relaxing!

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Everything was great. NIce clean romantic room, a deck to enjoy our wine, a hot tub to relax in. Very quiet. Nice tasty breakfast. Wonderful host. He had wonderful local knowledge, and maintained a beautiful bird friendly garden. What more could you ask for?

folsom, california
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I should say upfront that I don't generally like B&B's because I prefer the anonymity of hotels. However, the accomodations are very limited in Pt. Reyes and that is where our family decided was a good location for a reunion. We booked all 5 rooms, so we had the inn all to ourselves. I was pleasantly surprised about how easy and perfect it was for us. Frank is a really nice guy and a great breakfast cook, and he was very unobtrusive but pleasant. The rooms were all comfortable and clean. The common areas had beautiful views and were comfortable to relax in. I don't know how I would have felt if we were there with people we didn't know- it might feel a bit like forced intimacy since there is one large dining table where you are served breakfast, and one large living space where you can hang out if you don't want to be in your room. Be sure to bring a bathing suit- the spa has an amazing view! The location was wonderful, walking distance to the little town of Olema and a short drive to beautiful Pt. Reyes hikes and beaches. We stayed in the Vision room which is the only bedroom on one side of the house and has a cot designed for a child in it along with a double bed. This would be a perfect room for someone with a child- since you could have your child in the room with you and not disturb the other guests on the other side of the house.
The only negatives: uncomfortable pillows and LOUD bullfrogs at night that kept me awake
The rest of our group did not find the bullfrogs bothersome, but I am a light sleeper and it sounded like sleeping with someone snoring next to me. Of course, there is nothing that can be done about that, but I was glad I had an app on my phone that provided me with white noise.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Stilwell, Kansas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The Inn is very nice. Rooms are clean and well appointed. The gardens and views are wonderful. The price was great and very good in comparison to the other options in the area. We are glad we choose this in for our stop in Point Reyes. We will return.

Room Tip: We loved "Ridge" with the great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amfpvks
Davis California
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This is really an excellent choice for West Marin County and the Point Reyes National Seashore. The location is perfect, the views great and management is special. Be aware that this is a laid back, relaxed B and B. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. We really appreciated the manager and his responsiveness to our special needs. The breakfast by the way was perfect. All around a great stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davcam
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed here as a stop on our honeymoon and were very happy that we chose to stay with Frank. The property was beautiful and the diversity of birds in the garden in the morning blew me away. The location is great too (so close to such a variety of activities) and I was amazed how a place so close to San Francisco could be so quiet and relaxing. My wife and I really appreciated how Frank runs the place. It was clear that he was there for anything that we needed yet at the same time we felt like had the place to ourselves (delicious breakfast too).

Room Tip: The Ridge Room has great views looking out over the farm.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olema
The Lodge at Point Reyes
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Inn at the Tides
Inn at the Tides
#3 of 5 in Bodega Bay

Been to Roundstone Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!