“Shop and Eat”

Squaw Valley Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous ski area with Olympic memories.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Fun shopping and beautiful mountain location. Starbucks, Northface, pizza, ice-cream outdoor sports equipment and clothing

1  Thank Ledena B
"ski runs"
"green runs"
"season pass"

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We took the Gondola to the top and walked around the mountain top. The Olympic museum was ok but disappointing. The views were spectacular but not much else to see or do unless you want to swim in a mountain top pool.

2  Thank Ned M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

when my husband told me that we can take our retrievers up the tram to the peak, I could not believe it. then I thought they must charge a fee, but alas, no additional fare for pets. their combined weight is about 150 lbs and they take up valuable floor space (you know, they are more horizontal than humans). that was one of our best excursion in North Tahoe ever, being able to reach the summit with my 85+ year old in-laws and our doggies to enjoy stunning panorama from the expansive deck. all the staff we met were so welcoming. a wedding reception was taking preparation and they never told us to go away as our dogs explored every corner.

1  Thank NigellaCB
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've been to Tahoe a few times, but after visiting Squaw Valley on my last visit, I think this will be my "it" place to ski. The resort is gorgeous, it is so convenient, to stay right on the mountain, with many restaurants to choose from, wonderful fire pits at night, great accommodations, and even entertainment in the evenings sometimes. I have rented condos and stayed in hotels, but no more, Squaw Valley Village is where I will be skiing and staying from now on!

1  Thank LenaG1969
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We rode the cable car to the top of the mountain and hoped to do some hiking from high camp. We got to the top and the views were beautiful. As we started hiking, we noticed the clouds becoming darker and more ominous. We decided to go back to the restaurant for lunch and were told that the conditions were becoming dangerous and they advised everyone to head back down in the cable cars. There was no time for lunch or visiting the museum. They really did work to get the cars back and forth as quickly as possible, but we still had a long wait in line. I wish they would give rain checks.

1  Thank teamom01