“Best place to stay in Tahoe ski country”

The Village At Squaw Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Olympic Valley
GreenLeadersGold level
Medford, Oregon
“Best place to stay in Tahoe ski country”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My second time at The Village at Squaw Valley. Our two bedroom was perfect for our family (mom,dad & 4 teenagers). It's amazing to be able to walk to everything you need. Restaurants, shops, and the slopes. We particularly liked the roof top hot tubs. Soaking under the stars after a great day skiing and a wonderful meal is amazing! Staff and reservations people are all very friendly. I think this is one of the best vacation values anywhere. We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christy B, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed the full village experience, with all the shopping and dining. Come back this summer to enjoy all the activities we have going on in the coming months.

Christy Beck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

For our first time ever to Squaw Valley, staying at The Village at Squaw Valley couldn't have been any better. The 3-bedroom unit we stayed at was fully equipped with everything we might need - we definitely used both the full kitchen and the washer & dryer daily. Our family of five had a wonderful five night stay, complete with four days of skiing and one day sightseeing parts of Lake Tahoe (don't miss hiking up Eagle Rock - easy 15 min. hike). Each and every member of the staff (on and off the slopes) were terrific!Two of our children were new to skiing and chose snowboarding as their mode of travel - they fully enjoyed their day of lessons with Calvin and were "experts" by the end of the week. The food and service was great all around the property. We all enjoyed the hot tubs and the kids had fun playing games in the media room. It was an incredible week for our family full of memories.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay! I am glad you were able to enjoy the Eagle Rock hike, it's one of my favorites!

We are always working hard to meet the needs of our guests!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had a beautiful three bedroom unit. The location could not be better as we could walk everywhere. The access to the mountain, rentals and restaurants could not have been better.Unfortunately, our building did not have a hot tub and we had to find our way to the others for that part of the ski experience. Little things like the Wifi were good as well, although not all the tvs were on cable. We would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your response! I am glad you enjoyed the room and location here at The Village at Squaw Valley. I will make sure we look in to the TV/cable issue in that room. Thanks for the feedback!
Napa, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Village at Squaw Valley consistently exceeds expectations. My family and I have had the pleasure of staying here a handful of times over the last few years and the experience has always surpassed other favorites such as The River Ranch and Plump Jack Inn. The hospitality, proximity to the mountain, and the rooms are the best in North Lake Tahoe. Nearby dining is first rate and the vibe throughout the village is refreshingly upbeat despite the poor winter snow pack. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I am so happy to hear your winter vacation at The Village at Squaw Valley has been a positive experience year after year. I hope you can visit this summer in the Valley! Thank you so much for your response.
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We loved the The Village at Squaw Valley so much that we chose to bring our three young children there again this year. We have been to several other ski resorts out West and find this location to be our favorite! The location is so convenient and the condo was perfect for us. They were immaculate, the beds were extremely comfortable and the service impeccable. The front desk employees were friendly and helpful. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the nice review! We hope to see you again soon. The feedback is always welcome! We have just upgraded our bed and I am glad you enjoyed them!
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our family of four stayed 4 nights in one of the 2 bedroom suites and we had an excellent ski vacation despite the variable weather and snow conditions. The ability to park the car for 5 days and walk everywhere was a welcome relief and made the trip all the more relaxing. The beds were very comfortable and I slept better than I have in a long time. The rooms were spacious including the bathrooms which were over size and I liked the separate shower and bath. We were able to relax after skiing in front of the fireplace and watch the olympics and keep an eye on the slopes from our two balconies. The kitchen had everything we needed and the cleaning service did a great job everyday making sure all the dishes were cleaned and put away. That's a luxury I truly enjoyed. The kids had a great time in the hot tubs and it was great there were so many to choose from both big and small. We didn't have a chance to take advantage of the kids' recreation room with basketball games and other fun indoor activities but the kids were very interested. We were able to run down right across from our building and either grab a coffee at Starbucks or a drink at many of the local bars and eateries that are close by. The convenient access was absolutely fantastic we literally walked about 20 steps to get to the tram. We also had some help from the manager who we spoke to about the wifi issues. She was helpful and responsive and she even provided us with a complimentary s'mores package for the inconvenience. We had an all around great time and will definitely go back when we can--hopefully we will get more snow and the skiing will be a better next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for the great review Trisha! I was happy to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful vacation with us! Please come back again soon and take advantage of our perfect summer weather!
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After many trips to Squaw Valley, my wife and I finally stayed at the Village at Squaw Valley. The place is nice, but could use an upgrade. We only stayed here for one night but it is quite pricey for what you get. I have definitely stayed in less expensive places that are nicer and more up to date. On the positive side, if you are going skiing at Squaw it is a great location and it is fun to be right in the thick of things at the Village. They offer a ski locker, and you can walk to the slopes. I am glad I stayed here to have checked out the accommodations, but would likely stay somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam R
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for staying at The Village at Squaw Valley. I am sorry to hear that you feel our price does not match the product. I would love to hear more about your stay and rectify the situation. Could you please email me or give me call so that I can better understand your frustrations.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your stay. I hope you will give me an opportunity to speak with you personally.

General Manager of The Village at Squaw Valley
Squaw Valley Lodge
Squaw Valley Lodge
#5 of 5 in Olympic Valley
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline

Been to The Village At Squaw Valley? Share your experiences!