First time staying at the resort. Been to a lot better. A few things were a hit and a few things were a miss. Location for skiing bumped this to an average, otherwise it would have been a poor.
+Location - base of chairlift is out the door. Would be good if the lift could be replaced with a high speed lift, but this is likely not the resort's problem to own.
+Room - not the best, not the worst. Outstanding view in a fireplace suite. Bed was decent, room was clean, little dated/in need of repair in spots.
+Spa - wife thought the massage from Melissa was excellent.
+Restaurants - fulfilled the dining needs. again, not the best, not the worst. Definitely gets a little old after day 3.
- Service - check-in was disaster. Arrived early in hopes they'd have a room at or before 4pm check-in. Realize this is never a guarantee so I understand. From 2:30pm, watched the entire lobby fill up with people waiting for there rooms. Standing room only. Watched it empty out before 3:30pm, meaning everyone got their rooms. Not us. we lay to rot in the lobby until 4:45pm. No communication whatsoever. Finally, after constant badgering on my part, we were given a room. Once in room, I got a call on my cell saying our room was ready. Geez, thanks.
Asked the person if I could speak to the manager. She assured me that I would be contacted. Crickets. Never heard from them. Generally speaking, service people seemed overwhelmed. Felt sorry for the housekeepers. Tough jobs in a tough environment. Not a place I'd like to work which I put responsibility on management.
- Pool and spa area was unattended. Went down for a night spa dip with the wife. the "adult" hot tub was filled with teenage bliss. ok, whatever, no biggie. Most were well-behaved. Though, the deal breaker was the garbage (beer cups, dirty towels, etc.) strewn all over the place. Made me wonder about the water quality even with the chlorine vapors burning the hell out of my eyes.
- Value. I've been to similarly priced resorts (with daily resort fees too) which were amazing values for what one received. Value is in the location here at this resort, but overall I couldn't make the rest of the math work for the overall experience, quality and benefits at Squaw Creek.
Will I return? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury mountain resort located at the base of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows, five miles from the shores of Lake Tahoe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Resort at Squaw Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Squaw Creek Hotel Olympic Valley
- Hotel At Squaw Creek
- At Squaw Creek Hotel
- Resort Squaw Creek
- Squaw Creek Resort