“Pandamonium”

Ranked #2 of 3 Shopping in Ontario
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We went to see them make candy canes during winter holiday - surprised that part of the demonstration is a speech on their religious take of the Christian origin and message of the candy cane. One thing I liked was that after they stretched out a Candy Cane, while it was still warm, you could purchase a ticket for less than $2 to take the warm candy cane and bend it into your favorite shape.
Now the not-so-good part: I was surprised at the pandemonium: I was not surprised the place was crowded; that was fine, but the disorganization was disconcerting. For instance, there were two cash registers, one in the back of the store and one in the front. We lined up at one of them where an employee was helping a customer, then the employee disappeared for awhile. Then everyone in that line was told that there was only one line at the other register. Many surfaces on the shelves including items for sale and even kitchen items were covered in a visible layer of dust. It took about 1/2 hour to buy a candy apple. Nice folks, which I find motivation enough to patronize a business, and if someone just would do anything to bend their own candy cane, I'd recommend they visit but do double-check they are really doing the demo at the time of the visit, and prepare for pandemonium.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

5 stars to Logan's Candy Shop and to a fun and informative candy cane demo, BUT BEWARE!

Logans advises to arrive 15-20min prior to the demo time. We picked a demo time of 5:30pm on a Tuesday and arrived at 5pm (30min prior) to find a hoard of people who had been piling in a good hour before the start time.

There is NO ORGANIZATION implemented for the hoards of people in the petite candy shop. The staff does not direct people to line formations or any sort of order which lead to a lot of "mindful" pushing, shoving and the possibility of children getting lost or trampled when it came time to exchange your ticket for a warm and freshly made candy cane.

Tickets for a fresh made candy cane that you can form into a shape of your liking are $1.65 each. One ticket gets you one of their delicious peppermint candy canes. Certainly recommend buying a ticket before the demo starts or attempt to get through the crowd during the demo.

Logan's also has chocolates and we were happy to find and purchase some delicious dark chocolate raspberry sticks. We were told they also have candy canes in different flavors such as cherry or around St. Patrick's Day, they make green apple flavored candy canes in the shape of a clover.

In all, we were happy to experience the candy cane demo at least once, but will only return to Logan's during non-demo days in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

I took my daughters who are 10 and 12 to see one of the candy cane making demonstrations and we all loved it. Even though we went after Christmas it was still incredibly packed with over 100 people standing in and outside the store front. We got there 20 minutes before the demonstration started and if I had to do it again I would have gotten there earlier. I would say it is best to stand right outside the window where the marble slab is OR JUST inside the door where you can see the marble slab and the heating devices (being way back in the store would not offer you as good of a view). The whole thing takes about 25 minutes and then they give you samples of the hand made candy canes while they are still warm - amazing!!!! Of course you have to buy a couple to take home and if you are a chocolate lover they have all kinds of other home made candies to choose from. If you don't like to deal with crowds you will not like this event BUT you could go during the non-show times and still enjoy a hand made candy cane. You will never want to buy the processed kind again!

Reviewed 12 December 2016

We went on a Saturday morning for a demonstration. During the holidays it gets packed! The owner doing the demonstration is an absolutely wonderful man and does a great job of describing the nuances and such of confection making. Their claim to fame is both candy canes and ribbon candy. They have so many ribbon candy flavors it is astounding to the mind. I'd never had a fresh candy cane before and now I can't look at store bought ones the same.

Beware during the holiday weekends it is INSANELY crowded - sometimes waiting in line for an hour to get what you need/want. The employees are hustling around - its also difficult to get the orders that you have prepaid for - they are so crazy busy. Would I go back? Absolutely! During the holidays? HECK NO! We were there for two and a half hours - 90 minutes of which was trying to get someone to help me. I'd get an employee and they would run off....and never return, I'd track them down only to see them helping someone else. So....wait in line again for another employee....and repeat.