“A wonderful little place to visit”
Review of Iron Chef Cafe

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My wife and I decided to try this place after seeing it for the last couple of years. When we first walked in, we were a little put off by the clutter behind the register counter (it was 1/2 and hour before closing, so they might have been getting things ready for closing) but decided to go in and have a seat. We couldn't believe the different items on the menu. After going over the menu a few times, we decided on the four piece crab wontons, the egg flour soup, the honey walnut shrimp and the salt and pepper chicken. Within just a few minutes we had the soup and wontons in front of us. The soup was piping hot and delicious. The wontons had a fair amount of filling, were crisp but not greasy, and had a wonderful flavor. Five minutes or so after our appetizers arrived, two nice portions of white rice arrived on plates followed closely behind by our food. The rice was fluffy and not overly sticky. The stars of our show, however, were the entrees. The honey walnut shrimp was perfectly cooked with a light, tempura-like batter, a sauce that was flavorful but not too heavy, and a generous amount of water chestnuts and walnuts. The salt and pepper chicken was tender and in a similar batter, had a very nice peppery flavor that wasn't too salty and a little "relish" that included onions and jalapeno. We had so much food that we ended up taking home about 1/2 of each entree. The wonderful lady waiting the tables (I believe she said her name was Anna or Anise) kept our glasses full and was very pleasant. She had our boxes in our hands before we had a chance to ask for them (I had just turned to her to ask when she grabbed the boxes...like she was reading my mind). Overall, the only complain we had was the trash up front. I will be telling all my friends about this place.

6  Thank shawndoberry