“New Management- terrible service”

Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have been at the Comfort suites for over a year - with two rooms 3 nights a week for a year... do the math. Our company has always enjoyed the family feel, the greetings, the "personal" touch that was always given. I believe that have changed management and now I will never book again. They can't find reservations, even with confirmation numbers, no one knows anything, forget personal touch and hospitality. Bring the old staff back, where everyone there treated you like family and like you mattered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank NewlyMarried2012
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Friendly greeting and smooth checking. Left this morning, return at 8:30 pm,open the door, beds still unmade, bathroom has no clean towels, trash can is full. Have to be up and out of here by 5:00 am. and instead sitting in the lobby waiting for housekeeping to do their job. In 50 years of traveling housekeeping has never been this bad.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Terry T
Monica L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

It was very nice communicating via email last week and I am glad we had a chance to review all that we failed you on during your stay and our transition. We look forward to seeing you again.

Monica Lopez
909.605.0700

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On average I stay at Marriott's or Hilton's, at times Holiday Inns, at times Ritz Carlton's so I approached Comfort Suites with fingers crossed. The reviews on Trip Advisor and the price are why I chose this hotel.

We were both visiting friends at Claremont McKennaCollege and an event at the Fairgrounds/Fairplex area in Pomona.

Although it was about a $35 taxi ride to our events from this hotel it was WELL worth it because the price of a night at this hotel ($85 night AAA) plus taxi didn't even come close to what we would have paid at the Fairplex hotel or other chains near the colleges and fairgrounds.

WHAT A FIND!
Pros: Price, price, price-- Where can you find a top notch hotel for $85???
Quality--if you told me it was a typical Marriott I would have believed you. Newish furnishings, VERY, VERY clean. Modern style bathroom with granite counter-tops. Nice carpeting in the room and hallways

Quiet--I am a light sleeper and I need quiet. I didn't hear a pin drop.
Other sleep quality--excellent black out curtains so nice and dark at night the way I need it to be. Bed seemed just right, not too hard, not too soft. Bedding clean.

Free shuttle to hotel--call the hotel when you arrive at the Ontario airport and they come pick you up.
Location--maybe 5 - 8 min from airport.

Check in: because I called and told front desk person (Pam) I was ready to be picked up from the airport and my son checked in earlier that day when I walked in the front door of the hotel Pam smiled, used my name and said, "your key is all ready for you". She was also helpful with advice of which taxi company to call to book for us the next morning.

Most notable: This is a really CLEAN place. Having watched those hotel impossible shows where the fellow checks in every nook and cranny for dirt I am only too aware of where housekeeping can slack off. A pet peeve of mine is dust on the lamp shades. NO dirt here.
This has to be one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. Whoever is supervising Housekeeping and the housekeepers themselves are really to be commended! wow

FOOD: Had the quick breakfast in the lobby (free) the next morning, and it was basic, but I only wanted some coffee and an apple and my son a bagel or something so it was fine. If you want a large breakfast this would not be the place.
My son had dinner across the street at the new Italian restaurant and said it was fine. There are other restaurants on that same street.

So for $85 to be at a hotel the quality of a regular Marriott, with friendly service, and great sleep quality.... this is your place. If i am ever the area I would not hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was given a room away from the street. I don't think any of the str...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Management247, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear ElizabethStreetMoM

You have just made my day! As I am reading this I just have a huge smile on my face! THANK YOU for such positive feedback on your stay. Our rooms are set up so our guest can get the most out of them, from the black out curtains to the comfortable bed and clean sheets. The housekeepers work so hard to make sure the rooms are in pristine condition for you. Thank you for the kind compliment of Pam, she is such an asset to the front desk.

We hope you enjoyed visiting your friends while in town and the event you attended at the Fairplex! We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Travel Safe,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed four nights and I have a suggestion. Ask for a room facing away from the train tracks and the entrance to hotel. Late night noise from both awoke me in the night more than once each night. Bonuses Starbucks is in walking distance. The breakfast was good. Fresh fruit and yogurt were offered every day along with the standard faire of waffles, biscuits, cereal, oatmeal and pastries. The pool and hot tub, hotel common area, and eating areas were clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gmanbumpy

Dear Gmanbumy,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your 4 night stay with the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport. I am sorry about the train noise. Unfortunately things outside our hotel we don’t have much power over. The city of Ontario has put in motion a new project to get rid of the train needing to blow its horn. We, along with all the other hotels in our area, are absolutely thrilled with this project. We just ask our guest to hang in there with us until it is complete. Mari Lu puts so much effort into the breakfast every morning. I am happy to hear that the pool and hot tub, common area and the eating area were clean. Our staff works hard to ensure the hotel stays in pristine condition for our guest. Thank you for such a wonderful review!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would definitely stay here again. The room was very clean. The comforter on the bed was just like home. I appreciated the mini fridge and microwave (although I didn't end up using the microwave). I stayed in a king room (311). Odd numbered rooms face sunset and evens face sunrise. I was trying to stay on east coast time, and the blackout shades did a nice job of letting me go to bed early. I was able to enjoy the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning. It says it's a "continental" breakfast, but they had eggs, sausage, and potatoes, which seems to me to be more of a full breakfast. There are also hard boiled eggs and string cheese in the refrigerator with the yogurt, if you're in the mood. The waffle maker appeared to be slightly overdoing the waffles, and it looked like it was a teddy bear shape. I didn't have a waffle this trip, myself, so I am just reporting others' experience while I was there. The front desk staff was very nice and efficient. I come to California to visit family regularly, and I am glad to find such a nice place close to Ontario Airport. The price also can't be beat!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank christens02

Dear Christens02

Thank you for taking time out to write a review. I am delighted to hear so many positive things about our hotel! The blackout shades are so wonderful guest can either go to bed early or stay in bed for those few extra minutes. Our hot continental breakfast has so much variety there is something for everyone. Thank you for the compliments of our Award winning staff. They will be so thrilled to hear that you thought they were nice and efficient. We look forward to see you again when you are in the Ontario area visiting family!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I just spent the night at the Comfort Suite on Holt Blvd. in Ontario California. It was my second trip to this hotel. I just stay one night when travelling for Lockheed Martin. I have to say that this is by far, and I mean by far, the best, cleanest, managed and least expensive hotel I've ever stayed at. As I said, this was my second stay and I went back because my first trip there was great too. I wasn't disappointed. Great staff, always very upbeat and proud to be there. The rooms and lobby are spotless, smell great and ready for check-in. What makes it even better is the price. I don't know if these are individually owned or just managed by a company staff but either way you should be very proud of the staff at this facility. Top notch in every way and a great place to stay. It should be considered a benchmark or best practice for the rest. Many thanks, Earl Belz

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Mr. Belz,

We are truly humbled and thankful for your kind words. My staff joins me in thanking you for taking the time to write such a beautiful and thoughtful review. I know as a seasoned traveler you have many properties to compare us to. The fact that you so graciously rank our property and staff at the top of your list and as a benchmark for other properties leaves me speechless, but smiling ear to ear. Thank you so much.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Comfort Suites was a pleasant surprise. It was definitely a great value for the price. If I need to stay in Ontario again, I would definitely choose this hotel!

Cons:
There were only two complaints: the toilet seat had dark marks that wouldn't completely come off with soap and water, and the towels could have been thicker.

Pros:
The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. We liked how there was a couch, a mini fridge, and a microwave. The TV had a lot of cable options. There were also two USB ports for charging devices on the desk!

The lobby was open and the front desk clerks were always friendly. The fruit infused water, hot tea, and coffee that were available for 24 hours a day was a nice bonus.

The breakfast every morning had tasty offerings. As long as you got there towards the beginning of the time block, food was fresh and plentiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Singsinthecar,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review! I’m so happy to hear your thought on your stay and our property. Good or bad, we want to know so we can make our hotel the best it can be for our guests. I’m so happy you enjoyed our spacious and well designed guest rooms, friendly staff, fresh and delicious breakfast, and the little extra touches. I’m sorry about the issues with your toilet seat and the thickness of our towels. I have passed on your remarks to our housekeeping team. Thank you. We hope you travel well and we will see you next time you’re in Ontario!

Best wishes,