“Worst customer service....ever!”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Amarillo, Texas
“Worst customer service....ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My daughter and I booked and received confirmation on a room with 2 queen beds. After flying all day and arriving late at night, we checked in to find our room was a single king bed. We asked for another room and we were told there were none with queen beds available. After a few minutes we were given the handicapped room which did have 2 beds. In the morning, we went to the complimentary breakfast to find we had to wait for staff to restock eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Upon finding some things available, we had to eat with our hands as they had run out of plastic ware! We had booked another nights stay the next night, so stopped at the desk to make sure our reservation was for the 2 queen bedroom. We were told by the day manager that yes, our reservation was for the 2 queens. Upon arrival, we were AGAIN given a room with one king bed and we had no alternative but to take it. Upon check out we told a different manager our dissatisfaction. We were told that if someone did not remove their belongings from a room by check out time, they could not remove them and so they retained the room another night even if they had booked for only one night. To make matters worse, the rooms had been prepaid for by my mother-in-law and they charged my daughter for the 2 nights as well. After 10 days, the charges still had not been removed and each time my daughter or myself called, they continued to add another room charge, but never showed any credits! $700 charges pending!!!!! Emails and phone calls to the corporate office proved ineffective. After 3 weeks, they removed all but $13 of the billings. The rest of the money had to be disputed with the credit card company before all was said and done. Horrible experience!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Teddie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Every time we entered or exited the hotel, the staff were so nice and friendly here. The maid staff were very courteous to us as well in the hall. It sure felt nice and "homey" as such. The hot breakfast was good to have, although the egg selections were a bit not to my liking (omelet was ick).

One item (and this could be the chain) is that the Pack and Play's do not have custom sized sheets, rather we were provied a full size sheet. This is a major safety concern, as tight fitting sheets are integral to child safety.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Monica L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello lived_there2

Thank you for our fabulous five out of five it is greatly appreciated. I will look into the crib sheets you make an excellent point and thank you for your feedback, it definitely makes us stronger.

Kind Regards,

Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very comfortable and clean. Staff is ultra friendly and accommodating with questions about the hotel neighborhood.

I really appreciated the hot breakfast which changed everyday. When staying for a week or more, variety is greatly appreciated.

One can actually walk to the convention center. The Ontario Mills Mall is a short 5 minute drive.

There is also a Starbucks next door to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank for our scores they are much appreciate. We are so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast selections and yes Starbucks in the parking lot definitely a plus. Hope we see you soon.

Los Osos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for business, and couldn't have been happier. It was a great price and close to where I needed to be. Staff was friendly and the decor was very modern. Hot continental breakfast was a plus. I hear they are under new ownership with some extremely nice owners who are installing solar at the site which is a big +!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Monica L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
GeoffK

Thank you for your ranking us 5 out of 5 this is so exciting when we receive these. Yes were are excited to be the pioneer out here of solar panel carports placed at a hotel and excited to do our part in the environment. We hope to see you soon during your travels back to the Ontario area.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and her 2 boys were impressed as we entered the driveway. The most comfortable king size bed, a fold out couch for the boys, microwave, small "fridge" and a large HD TV for sports, and black out curtains.
They had a different continental breakfast than most hotels, but the same basic choices.
A very inviting pool, but we didn't have time to jump in.
Large bathroom with a great shower and tub.
Unfortunately, we didn't arrive until close to 1 am after celebrating the 4th of July, but the front desk was as pleasant as if it was 9 am.
The price was great and we hope to visit again.
Not much more to say other than we both wished we had more time to just stay at the hotel and relax as it had such a welcome environment.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room, so I imagine that reduced any noise from surrounding streets.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello JamesEAmerican,

Thank you so much for our 5 out of 5. I am so glad that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. I hope that next time you do come out you are able to enjoy our pool and spa, they both are heated all year round. We look forward to you returning soon.

MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is always been one of my favorite Comfort Suites but the experience wasn't very good this time. I made my reservations online a couple weeks before my check-in date, but when I checked in (430 a.m. since my plane was delayed five hours) they had no record of my reservation. They did have a room but they didn't have a room where I usually like to be, which is why I reserve ahead of time. They told me they could not honor my reservation that was made with points, I would have to call Choice hotels for that. I did make that call and the person I talked to was really surprised at all this. That person did take care of it but this certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. The manager that has been in this hotel for years and who I knew very well is no longer there. And fact, I was told all management and all staff were replaced as of 6/1. Interesting. Looks like I'll need to find a new place to stay when I'm in Southern California.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank drdroad
drdroad,

We apologize that you did not have a great stay the last time you were out here. I would like to make that up to you to the fullest. If and when you have a moment to discuss everything that went wrong I would more then happy to make it right the next time you are in our area.

It is true that the manager and staff are no longer here however when we purchased this hotel it was a surprise to us as well that they did not come back either. We have had our hurdles and they have affective some of the regular guests, however we are working out all the kinks and getting everything and everyone back on track. Please reach out to me the next time you are visiting the Southern California area

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here 1 1/2 years ago and loved the greeting I received as a Choice Privilege member. I was telling our traveling group about the towel animals and greeting on the mirror...very nice touch. That didn't happen this time. I was told it had just changed hands :( Besides that, everything was clean. There was a large group of people from an event in town so the breakfast had a hard time keeping things stocked. They did a good job keeping the tables clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TAO58
Monica L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Tao58

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes we have just taken over this wonderful award winning hotel and are getting settled in nicely. We have every intention in bringing back all of those little pleasers the team once did. We love the feedback we receive from all the guest that know of these pleasers so that we may roll out a program of our own, and get your high expectations of us back on track.
We hope you see a difference the next time you are in town and our guest. Thank you again for being a loyal customer at the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport Hotel