“Nice Staff”

GreenLeadersGold level
Visalia, California
“Nice Staff”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a well used hotel, between travelers and conventions I was amazed at the amount of people come here each week. We have stayed there about 4 weeks total over a period of time. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms have always been clean and very large rooms. This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Most anything you need in walking distance.

Room Tip: Freeway and Airport View on the West side Mall and Mountains view on the East side
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Hello Carnutz,

We were very happy to welcome you to our hotel and were even more happy you chose to stay with us for such a long length of time. We are pleased to see that you found our team members to be friendly and helpful and that you also enjoyed our European Boutique-inspired guest rooms. Thank you very much for writing us such an amazing review.

Warm Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Ventura, California
Reviewed 10 March 2014

While the foyer and pool area looked nice the room was another story. The security chain by the door was missing the piece on the end to make it latch. The lamps by the bed didn't work - the outlets worked but the lamps would not turn on. The shower was not cleaned well and had hairs in it. We only stayed one night so I don't know if they would have fixed any of these issues. The hall ways do have that old time smell and feel as another review stated. Breakfast was the basic buffet with scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes and was served on the weekends unlike some business hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Kelli C,

I apologize that you found your room to have issues with its cleanliness. Our team members always try to accommodate any guest request and assist with any issues that may arise. I hope next time you will alert us immediately of the problem so we can do our best to alleviate the issue and move you to a room that is up to our high standards.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Nice place big rooms free cable free WiFi free breakfast the most important free beer in the afternoon :) I will stay there again.They also have a free shuttle ride. The stuff is very friendly there is a lot of places to hang out around the hotel hooters and a bar lazy dog very nice it is also cross the street from the Ontario mall

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our overall experience was great. The service was excellent from the time we walk through the door until we walked out...Rashard (Rashead)....is superb at his job. ..if i could rate him on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the best ,He would get a 15....keep up the great work young man.

• Stayed March 2014
Lincoln, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Quick shuttle service from airport, quick check-in and nice rooms on 3rd floor. Spacious room with the most comfortable beds. Very clean. Nice fluffy towels in bathroom. We were there on a girls one night get away to see a show in near by Rancho Cucamongo and we all were very happy with our rooms, comfortable beds, and room décor and enjoyed the traditional, Mediterranean style. Halls were well lit and we enjoyed the many pictures on the hall walls. The breakfast was better then most all other breakfasts I've had at comparable hotels. Everything cooked right there and served to you. Fresh fried potatoes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes, coffee, juices, etc. We all felt we had a great breakfast to start our day.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and very happy with our location. It was very quiet, overlooked the pretty...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Montebello, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you are looking to shop or if you want to be near a variety of restaurants. BUUUUUTTT if you are looking for a modern hotel this is not for you it has an old fashioned look and feel to it on the inside it can use some renovations the hallways smell like moldy or very dirty carpets. I started with a room on the first floor which had a funny odor to it, so i asked to be moved to another room that smelled like cigarette really bad especially the restroom i let the front desk know about it and they said ohh really because our rooms are non smoking and thats as far as that went. The breakfast is ok nothing special about it. Overall it was an ok stay it wouldnt be my first choice. On the brighter side of things the bed was comfortable and the curtains do black out the room Bring your own toiletries they dont offer anything worth using.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Lily Z.,

We were so happy that you chose to stay with us and enjoyed the nearby shops and restaurants. We do apologize, however, if your stay was anything less than exceptional due to the decor or amenities. Please know we are currently slated for a renovation this year and we now offer custom bath amenities selected specifically to give our guests a luxurious bath experience. We hope you will still consider staying with us in the future.

Vista
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This rating is regarding the young lady that checked me in. I am a regular client at this hotel (8-15) times a year. I know it's policy for them to ask for a credit card for incidentals. My rooms are direct bill to my company and a credit card is already on file so I was never asked for my personal one. This time I was and It was a surprise to me. Regardless I pulled my card out and placed it on the counter I was trying to explain the the young lady. That this is a first time anyone in this hotel has asked for my card. But before I was even done with my first sentence she snatched my card and swiped it and just said “it's ok” it's just for incidentals. I have no problem giving my card it's the fact that she was rude during a customers first minutes of arrival. First impression is everything if I was a first time customer I would not go back because of her.

• Stayed February 2014
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Cesar1234567,

Thank you for writing us such a candid review about your experience. We are so happy to hear that you stay with us so frequently and I apologize if this particular stay was anything less than amazing. Our team members should be nothing but polite and helpful to our guests and I apologize if they were any less than accommodating. I have personally spoken with the team member about this issue and appropriate procedures for direct bill, and I assure you it will not happen again. We hope you will still consider staying with us in the future.