“GREAT STAFF”

Ayres Hotel Ontario Mills Mall
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Traveling to this area for a work assignment for the 1st time for a 3 week duration. Changed to this hotel from the Hilton on the recomendation of a co-worker. Great choice! While any stay can be good or bad, the real test of any stay is how well the staff rises to the occassion (or not), when there is a problem. We did have 2 problems over a period of several days...keys that failed to open the door, and intermitant internet. The problem was rectified,( root cause was the key encoding machine AT the front desk!) The general manager validated the problem(s), had equipment replaced, (including the server for the internet), and besides offering WRITTEN apologies, sent complimentary cookies to not only our room ,but to my work place, with sufficient qualties for all! Location was great for multiple side trips. Staff was EXCEPTIONAL in all regards. The property is CLEAN, QUIET, SAFE. I'll stay again .

Room Tip: 4th floor is VERY QUIET Great view of mountains on north side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Location, cleanliness, linens and staff all great. Bed just ok, mattresses weren't the best. Hot breakfast was pretty good but area kinda small. Overall no major issues. Will definitely recommend friends to stay if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Ayres Inn & Suites at the Ontario Mills Mall met all my expectations.

The room was very clean and beautifully furnished . The 32" TV offered plenty of channels. I didn't test the speed, but the wireless internet worked flawlessly. There was a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The towels were decent. The HVAC was a typical below the window affair that was reasonably quiet and worked well. The room lacked a wall thermostat and instead relied on the stat inside the unit. The mattress and pillows were comfortable enough. The only criticism I have of the bed is how tightly is was made up. The bedding was thick and heavy and loosening up the sheets took considerable
effort........something not necessary in a climate controlled room.

As for the public spaces, I did not venture to the pool area or gym. The breakfast area looked better that most, although I left before it opened. I did sneak in for some fresh fruit and orange juice on my way out. It was freshly cut, ripe and sweet.......a good start to the day.

The hotel is centrally located on the southern end of Ontario Mills Mall. Plenty of restaurants and things to do surround the hotel. It's very convenient to the 10 and 15 freeways.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wsj3200
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear WSJ3200,

Thank you so much for allowing us to welcome you to our location. Our team members are so happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and that you enjoyed are European-inspired guestrooms. Our location offers flat screen televisions in every room with a wide array of different channels to choose from. We are also glad that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities. I apologize if your bed was too tightly made up for you. Next time, if you wish for it to be made up differently, please do not hesitate to give us a call at the front desk and we would be happy to add a note to your room. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again soon.

Warm regards,

Susan Golden

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I needed a place for my older out-of-state relatives to stay for a surprise birthday party. The staff was so helpful and kind, especially Susan who suggested a handicapped room for one aunt and uncle. I booked a total of 3 rooms, one executive suite, a regular room and a handicapped room. All the rooms were spacious and nicely appointed and super clean. My aunts and uncles said the beds were among the most comfortable they'd slept in. I will definitely use them again in the future. The accomodations were especially nice, but it was definitely the wonderful staff that will make me a repeat customer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Conae R
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After researching online,I chose Ayres as the booking of double queen pillowtop beds suite for my daughters Sweet 15. When I arrived I was given my key to my suite, only it did not resemble what I had thought I booked. The description I booked said they were queen beds(I was given full beds)it said it had a seperate vanity(restroom's vanity was the only vanity)...it was not a Suite but just a double full bed room. I later found out through a relative that was going to book a room for that same weekend that there is a seperate "sister" Ayres close by that accomodates Queen and King Suites. I was never told I was at the wrong "sister" hotel... Unprofessional on their part, though the room was clean, breakfast was good, I will definitely not be staying at any Ayres in the future and will double check my reservation to match the booking to what I am given....

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank pinksekret
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was a great hotel especially for the price. Nice pool and hot tub area and I was amazed by how quiet it was considering how close it is to the airport! Plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area too. I would def recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ontario.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dana B
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel has location, location, location! It is right next to a large mall (Ontario Mills), which has every store you can think of. There are also treaters and lots of good food! The rooms are very comfortable and best of all...the hotel is spotless! The employees are great and obviously take pride in their work and workplace. And the general manager is right there to do whatever needs to be done to please her guests! I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: 4th floor, back of hotel has beautiful views of the mountains!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank David L
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear David L,

Our team members were happy to welcome you to our location! We are so happy that you found the location of our hotel to be so convenient to great shopping, restaurants, and movie theaters. We also enjoy hearing that you enjoyed your spotless rooms and that you found our team to be professional and helpful during your stay. Thank you so much and I hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Susan Golden