“Great stay with fantastic convenient location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Sydney
“Great stay with fantastic convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went to visit a friend in Ontario, CA and not knowing the place well, I picked to stay at the Hampton Inn, which not too far away from where my friend lives. Having been a Hilton Honors member for years, I was easily swayed to choose this place over others as I had good experiences with this chain before.

While I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, I must admit, it exceeded my expectations. For $80-100 a night, this place is pretty fantastic. It was also located just across from the Ontario Mills Shopping outlet, surrounded by a multitude of places to eat and things to do, you couldn't beat the location....it was very convenient and ticked all my boxes.

The room I got was a King studio which was very spacious all around. It came with a small kitchen, microwave, fridge, a decent size bathroom with a bath/shower....and a living area section with a couch, coffee table and tv. Housekeeping was ok'ish, some days they were excellent, other days they did a quick job of changing towels and emptying the trash.

I tried the in-house breakfast on a few days and it was decent, with a couple of hot dishes, usually egg and bacon or sausage, you can also make your own waffles. They also had breakfast to go bags for people on the run. They didn't have a restaurant on site but it was surrounded by numerous restaurants and fast foods all within walking distance.

The reception was always nice and friendly....and they have a selection of cold and hot drinks available for free in the lobby (usually tea, coffee and flavoured iced water) which was a nice touch, as well as a bowl of fruits. You can also buy extra snacks from the hotel pantry next to the reception area. I saw they also had a small outdoor pool but didn't try it.

Overall is was a great stay and I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Ontario.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors and you get a chance to upgrade your room for cheap if available.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We spent 4 nights at this Hampton Inn and found it was a good choice when staying in the Ontario, CA area. It is located on the property of the Ontario Mills Mall so food and shopping is close by. It also has easy access to both the I-10 and I-15 freeways.

This is an older hotel, but well maintained. However, the plumbing and AC could be loud at times. There is also no microwave or refrigerator in the room

I found the staff was always friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I was a little surprised that there was no airport shuttle since the hotel is only a few miles away from the Ontario airport, but we worked through it.

Just what you have come to expect from a Hampton Inn!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel was an excellent choice and we received every bit the service and accommodation we expected. The rate was extremely reasonable and we will most definitely stay here again! The pool was spotless and the rooms were extremely clean and fresh. Our front desk staff greeted us promptly and made sure our check-in went smoothly and quickly. Great hotel, great staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Spring Valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Loved the hot breakfast and the friendlyness of all the staff, but especially like the kitchen staff who were quick to assist me at every turn. Location was AWESOME for hitting the Speedway that was right down the street.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Rather than have to sit in a hotel room and watch TV you can walk across a parking lot to a vast indoor outlet mall. It is really big and has stores of every kind. It was a great way to kill some time after travel. It is right off I-10 on the road ringing the mall. An Outback steak house is across the street and lots of other places to eat nearby.

The hotel is pretty average, but-for the soundproofing. It almost seemed like those famous buildings where you can stand in one place and hear every sound. Walking down a hallway full of closed doors let me (perfectly, not that I wanted to) hear everything from phone calls, to private conversations to bathroom use. I did not care for this at all and have never experienced it at this level elsewhere, especially not in what I thought were pretty uniform Hampton Inns.

Otherwise it was fine, with a mildly old shower but refreshened room. There was the usual breakfast fare and the beloved free wifi for Honors guests. Parking was free and ample. The public spaces are open and clean and the staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Possibly the end of the hallway would have had less noise from other rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've stayed here since the place opened and this is a very nice property, abutting Ontario Mills' shopping center. The rooms are well appointed and quiet, the breakfast is terrific, staff understands the meaning of "hospitality". With one exception - there are no key codes on any outside doors and this is a non-smoking property, which means people go outside, leave doors propped open and smoke permeates the first floor where I stay with my service animal. As I have a huge problem with smoke, this made my second night's stay miserable, having to place towels at the door and then use them for showering the following morning. Staff said "we're working on that" - geez, what does it take?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Moved to this hotel the day after a horrible experience at another hotel (see my previous review). What a world of difference. Very clean, lots of towels. No problems with TV or Internet. Lounge area downstairs was kept clean. Breakfast was exceptional, unlike any I've seen at any other hotel. They had everything: hot oatmeal (not instant), juices, boiled eggs, two waffle irons, scrambled eggs one day and omelets on the next, biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, toast, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, all on the same day! The day they served omelets, the kitchen staff even offered to make me a veggie omelet (the ones being served had ham). Very friendly staff overall. We only wished our room had a refrigerator (maybe other rooms do). The ONLY complaint I had is that the shower had a few mold/mildew spots, can be easily resolved with some bleach sprayed on the areas. Their parking lot is quite small, but they give you a parking pass to park overnight in the lot of Ontario Mills Mall, across the way, was not a bother. The mall was so close, we walked across the parking lot. Everything else was so fantastic, otherwise. We will DEFINITELY stay here the next time we're in town.