“Nice hotel with one flaw”

Holiday Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Buckeye, Arizona
“Nice hotel with one flaw”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is very nice with a restaurant and bar on site, clean rooms and up to date furnishings. The only problem is that the Wi-Fi sucks! It is painfully slow and it keeps dropping off. Finally in frustration I used my cell phone as a hot spot.
Other than this, it is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pulpwriter
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear pulpwriter:
Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased that you found our hotel to be nice, clean and up to date. We understand your concerns about the WIFI connection and we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet which should be completed in a couple of months.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Ontario.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
East Hampton, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I found the room to be very comfortable. The restaurant was outstanding, and Viet the bartender is entertaining. I did have an issue that needed attention and the manager was very helpful and her correction to the problem was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Pam J,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that you found your guestroom to be very comfortable, the restaurant to be outstanding and Viet, our bartender to be entertaining.

We do apologize for the issue that you experienced. Thank you for letting us know that we handled it to your satisfaction.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

On route home we were tired and thought we would pull in and call it a night. Great spot. Nice rooms, super comfy bed. Housekeeping didn't leave any face cloths in room but all in all was great. Food at restaurant in hotel was OK, but service was poor. Manager at desk the evening we arrived was very friendly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Jennp48,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are extremely happy that you decided to pull in and call it a night at the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport.

We are pleased that you found the rooms to be nice with comfy beds and our manager at the Front Desk friendly.

We do apologize for no face clothes in the room and that you did not receive excellent service in our Landings Restaurant. We will work with the staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.
Arkansas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here for the week while working in Upland. Clean room, comfy king size pillow top bed, flat screen TV in the room with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. They had two bottles of water in the room (for a price) and one free one. Never heard a plane while inside the hotel (3rd floor room facing the airport). Has a restaurant/bar onsite with decent food and drinks. Never had the breakfast but the menu looks good. Had dinner a number of times and it was always decent. The bar has football night specials (wings, cheap drinks, etc). Didn't see the pool used much, and the hot tub/spa looked pretty dirty, but I never go in those anyway. There is a Marie Callender's next door in walking distance, but nothing else. You'll need to drive or cab. So the location is the only reason this isn't 5 stars. I like a hotel that has more within walking distance. That said, it wouldn't deter me from staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Thornthe Traveler,

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay during your week of work in Upland. Thank you for your review on our rooms and their amenities as well as our Landings Restaurant. Our location is close to the airport as well as the Ontario Mills Mall and a variety of restaurants.

We hope to see you on your return visit to Ontario.

Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property at least twice a year since it has opened it's doors. This last stay was simply snake bit. First room was located on the fourth (top) floor. It was a great looking room until one attempts to go to sleep. The fans on the roof were so loud that I didn't realize just how loud I had turned the TV up to drown out the sound. I was move to another room in a lower floor. It was considerable more quiet. The staff seemed to act like this is not an unusual occurrence. They moved me to a room with double beds. No reduction in rate ($110/ night) was not offer even though it was available through trip advisor. My new room was fine. The wifi is extremely sketchy. The proximity to the Ontario airport and the nice staff keeps me coming back but for how long......Oh one more, maintenance must only come after 5. The shower head in my new room was coming apart. I reported it when I left for the day and again when I left for dinner. The maintenance man showed up at 8:30 pm to do something and took it with him. It's now almost 9, he hasn't returned. The restaurant serves pretty good food and the workout equipment is standard issue. Do Not Stay on top floor if you are semi light sleeper.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear OmahaCincyKid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madera, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Located off of I10 it's near many restaurants, stores and a large mall about 2 miles east on I10.
I traveled with my family for a softball tournament in the area.
I was able to get a "Best Rate" of $89 per night for 3 nights. (Well worth it)
Hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and beds comfortable.
We were given a room on the 4th floor but the A/C unit was not working properly at the time.
I asked for another room and they gladly moved us to the 2nd floor where everything worked as intended. The pool was being renovated at the time, but we were given pool access at their sister hotel The Raddison which was located across the street along with shuttle service. My family and I took advantage of the restaurant/bar in the lobby during Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm and the food was GREAT! "Best chicken wings I've had in a longtime dad" said my daughter !
I will be staying here again if we attend another tournament in the area.

Room Tip: This Hotel hosts events like, weddings, parties etc etc. Rooms on the westside of the hotel are qu...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Madtown99;

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that your enjoyed your stay, our staff and Landings Restaurant.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the A/C not working in your first room.

We are very happy you enjoyed the food and that your daughter like the Chicken Wings. We would be happy to accommodate you for all of your Softball Tournaments.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located off I10, it is a nice place to stay. It is a safe neighborhood, The AAA was $79 and the room was spacious. Though I didn't eat or drink there, the lobby bar/restaurant seemed lively and the customers were enjoying themselves. Avoid the Marie Calendars that is next door; its pretty bad.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Tempe_Sun_Devil,

Thank you for your very nice review. We are pleased that our AAA rate was reasonable for you. We hope the next time you stay you will have time to eat and drink in our restaurant.

We hope to see you on your return trip to Ontario.