“Better this time”

Holiday Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stay here on business every three months. This time the overall stay was better.

Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Bar and restaurant were good also. Last visit the checkin staff was horrible. This time they were much more attentive and helpful.

Hotel is fairly convenient to airport and freeways.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear TheGapper,
Thank you so much for your 4 Star Review and for letting us know that we are improving. We have really put a strong focus on our Guest Services, to ensure that all guest receive the great service they deserve.
We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed our Restaurtant and bar, that our staff was friendly and your room was clean.
We hope to see you in another 3 months.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Good location 2 exits from the airport. Check in and staff were very good, room was tidy and well furnished and the hotel was kept up very well. I had dinner and breakfast in the hotel, dinner was okay, but the breakfast buffet was just not good at all.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and got no noise from the street or the airport
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Malcolm F,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel and staff. We are extremely pleased that you found your room to be tidy and well furnished. We do apologize that you did not find the breakfast buffet to your liking.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights on business. I chose it because of the close proximity to the airport and to the premises that I needed to visit in Ontario. However, the hotel was far from convenient.
When I arrived at the airport, I was advised there was a free shuttle bus to the hotel, since it is located within the Airport complex. The taxi coordinator placed a call to the hotel and they advised him the shuttle would be five to ten mins. So I waited. And waited. And waited. And then called the hotel myself and was again told that it would be five minutes or so, that the driver had to leave early and that had caused a delay.
Two more phonecalls and an hour later, I was still waiting for the shuttle. The new excuse was that the driver couldn't find me (even though I was at the correct pick up point and was the only person there).
The attitude of the hotel staff to the situation was really disappointing. No apology, no offer of anything by way of consolation when I did arrive.

When I checked in, I asked the host to book me a taxi for the next morning to take me on a ten minute journey to a local business I was visiting. The taxi was booked for 9am. I arrived in reception the next morning at about 8.45 and waited for the taxi. By 9am there was no sign so I approached the hostess at the reception desk who told me (in a very smart tone) that the driver had arrived a while ago and since I wasn't there, he left again. I knew that she had seen me sitting waiting in reception for at least 15 mins, so I knew the driver must have arrived very early. When I pointed out how bad the service was, she responded that it wasn't her problem, it had nothing to do with the hotel. To cut the story short, it took an hour and me approaching the reception desk at least four times before they arranged the taxi. Despite me telling the hostess several times that I was now VERY late, there was absolutely no urgency in her contacting the taxi company. Nor did she apologize for letting him go in the first place. She then told me that she did not know why they had booked that particular company as the hotel did not use them since they weren't reliable.

The hotel itself if well worn, poorly maintained and grubby. The lifts do not work correctly. The "free" wifi signal is so weak it may as well not be there. As previous reveiws have stated, the noise levels are also unacceptable - it sounded like people upstairs were stomping around all night. There is a buffet breakfast, which does not even include orange juice.
i ate in the restaurant (because there isn't much around the hotel and I certainly wasn't about to book another cab) - the food was mediocre.

Overall, I would not stay here again. I would be willing to overlook faults if the service was good but the attitude of the staff was apalling for a hotel. There is a Radisson right beside the the hotel if you really need to stay in this area.

Room Tip: if you must stay here, ask for a top floor room to avoid the noise of overhead rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear lynseyg3,
Through these reviews online we are making strides to provide our guests with the highest of quality service. We do apologize that you had to wait so long for our shuttle to pick you up from the airport; our shuttle is usually very prompt for all of our guests as well as for any confusion that occurred with the taxi service. We also apologize that you feel that you were not given the best customer service our staff is known for. We will work closely with all staff to ensure that all guests are treated with the great customer service all guests deserve.
Our hotel is only 6 years old and it is beautiful. Unfortunately like most hotels, when we are at a sold out status you will hear some noise. Our breakfast buffet does come with coffee or juice.
Our goal is to satisfy every guest. We appreciate your concerns and will work hard to make all future stays unforgettable.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I think the hotel was completely full and this could've contributed to the issues I encountered, but some definitely were not.

The good:
-Location is a block from the convention center
-Facilities and rooms have a modern and new look
-Food at the restaurant is pretty good. Service in the morning is better than the evening.
-Bed was comfortable
-Shower pressure was good

The bad:
-Elevators are slow and only 1 worked for 2 days. The other one sounded like it would break at any moment when it was working.
-Walls and floors are thin and you can hear everything. The room above me was like a herd of elephants. I had to sleep with earplugs. You can hear people in the hall and you can hear the train whistle and I had terrible sleep. Ask for a room that does not face the airport and the tracks.
-The internet connections are terrible and half the signals were not possible to join or were full. It would take a while to be able to connect each time.
-The TV signals were inconsistent. I had HBO the first night then the rest of the trip the signal was lost. Half the channels had no signal at all.
-Service in the restaurant is not great. You seat yourself which means you must wait for anyone to notice you. During happy hour, I think I waited at least 10 minutes before the bartender came over and it wasn't crowded.

There are a lot of choices if you need a hotel that is near the convention center and I would do your research before choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room not facing the airport
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Dr_Drew2,

Thank you for your review. Through these reviews online we are making strides to provide our guests with the highest of quality service. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed our location, modern look, food at the restaurant, that the bed comfortable and shower pressure was good.
We do apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced with our elevator, the guests above you being loud, the internet connection being poor, the television signal and the service in the restaurant not being top notch.
We will work with our Maintenance Department to ensure our internet and television signals are working correctly and our Food and Beverage Department on our service.
Our goal is to satisfy every guest. We appreciate your concerns and will work hard to make your next visit with us unforgettable.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here one night pretty much just to sleep in order to hit the race track the next morning. The hotel is very nice and modern, clean and new. The room was big, and had microwave, fridge, nice toiletries, etc. The bar and restaurant looked really nice and too bad we only stayed one night and didn't get a chance to everything on the ground. I would stay again.

One issue I had was I prepaid for a king room, and when I got to the room, it was a two double. It's not a big deal but if I prepaid, I expect to get the room I reserved. And if it is not the room I reserved, I expect the front desk to tell me while I check in (and perhaps offer something on the house) and not after I've lugged my suitcase upstairs and down the hall to the last room.

Room Tip: Hallway corridor is long, ask for something in the middle to balance noise and less walking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shari H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear JKchi17agirl,
Thank you for your review. Through these reviews online we are making strides to provide our guests with the highest of quality service. We do apologize for not having the room type that you reserved available and that you were not told at check in.
We are extremely pleased that you found our hotel to be nice, modern clean and new. We hope that you will stay with us again to experience our restaurant and bar.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very nice hotel too stay at while in Ontario. The employees are very friendly helping you with what ever you need. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and cozy. I would stay here again and the price was excellent. There are a few restaurants nearby and a 24 hour Dennys. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
Shari H, Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear clkaka,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel and staff. We are extremely happy that you found our employees to be friendly and helpful, our beds comfortable and the room clean and cozy.
We would love to see you again!
Sincerely.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The place was nice and comfortable. Our bed and bathroom were very clean. The staff was nice and accommodating as well. I was kind of bummed that there was not a complimentary breakfast for the price we payed for the room. Also, the person on the floor above us was up all night stomping and stomping around the room. I have no idea what that was about but all 3 nights we stayed there we could hear the stomping late into the night and as early as 6am. Other than that I was pretty happy with our stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear CudaJay,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and your bed and bathroom very clean. We do apologize for not having a complimentary breakfast, we are a full service hotel with a full service restaurant, we also offer packages that include breakfast. We are also sorry that the person above you stayed up stomping around all 3 nights.
We hope to see you again should your travels bring you to Ontario.