“Extremely comfortable haven”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I got a room here at the last minute through Hotwire, and it was a great value--I paid the same as I would have for a crappy motel that night, about $73. But I was dismayed to find that there was a $12 parking charge just to park in the self-parking lot overnight! Luckily, the woman at the check-in was so sweet and graciously comped my parking for me. The room was absolutely lovely--tasteful and comfortable and restful for two very tired travelers. The bed was so comfortable. Internet is expensive but free in the lobby. I wish I could have stayed and rested in that huge inviting bed for 12 more hours. I also love the toiletries at the Hilton--especially the hair conditioner!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank flyermontana
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Hilton. We're very glad to see you had a restful and enjoyable experience. Hopefully you can see us again for some more R&R! I also wanted to share that we have lowered our parking charges. Valet Parking is now available at a reduced price of $10 per night. Always a nice amenity to have someone else park your car for you. Also great that you loved our toiletries. Even greater is that this month we're introducing a new line of toiletries exclusive to Hilton by Peter Thomas Roth - "PTR". Thank you again for your feedback and come back and see us again.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stayed here for a conference across the street. Our company usually gets us a good deal, but I think they dropped the ball this time. We paid our normal rate and were supposed to get free internet with it, but there was a goof up somewhere and we all were charged the daily internet fee for 2 or 3 days, depending on our stay.
That wasn't the major issue, though. From the moment you walk in, you get the feeling they just want to cram everyone they can into a room and keep the place full. You never get that "home away from home" feeling that I'm used to at the better hotels. But then again, Hilton's to me have always been overrated.
The rooms were okay, the bathrooms are TINY. Housekeeping is good. I had issues with my TV the first night - once it was on, it would not turn off unless I unplugged it. Also, they still have a bunch of old-school CRT tube TV's that are easily 10 years old. You couldn't even change the channel or volume with the buttons on the TV. And the picture was horrible. I didn't spend too much time in the room during the day, but after a long day of meetings, a little sportscenter is a nice break.
The bathroom door also looked like a 5 year old painted a cheap piece of wood, and my iron, although functional, was broken (the water lid was snapped off, so water came out whenever I moved too fast).
Best thing about this place was the location. Close to the conference, close to shopping and food. Oh, if you're room is one of about 20 on the second floor, there is no elevator, and you have to walk across the property and up a ramp. Not good.
I can only recommend this place because I know it's not terrible and I know it's a decent location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Thank you very much for sharing a lot of relevant feedback with us about our hotel. We are going to use this feedback to do everything we can to make every guests' stay excellent. You made a very good point about our Televisions and I'd like to tell you exactly what we're doing about it. This week we began placing orders for all new LCD Televisions. Every guestroom is going to be outfitted with a 37" Television and our Executive Floors with 42" Televisions. In April, we'll begin rewiring the building to acccomodate HD signals and we've signed a new contract this week to bring in over 55 HD Channels. All of these upgrades will be completed and go "live" by June 1st, 2011. We have many other changes in store this year and we'll keep everyone posted. In the meantime, on behalf of all the staff of the Hilton Ontario, thank you for your business and we hope we'll see you back to enjoy our hotel and our new Televisions.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights (Dec. 27 & 28) prior to our Tournament of Roses Parade Tour with a following week in Hawaii. We chose this hotel because we flew into Ontario, CA and they offered a senior rate of $67/night. The rooms look recently renovated. Our first room (#600) was clean, comfortable and attractively modern, but the heating/cooling system left much to be desired. It blasted air and you could feel some warmth, but the breeze generated chilled you. Our room contained a wonderful king-sized bed; however, that left a lot of empty space in the room which needed to be filled. (The room must have been designed for 2 double beds.) The bathroom had great towels. But be careful--the door could hit your knees as you sat on the toilet! Staff was friendly but slow, especial the night clerk that checked us in the first time at 11 pm and the second at midnight. We stayed for 1 night at the end of the Hawaiian portion of our vacation (Jan. 10). That night we were charged $110/night (guess the holidays were officially over). That room was just as good as the first although we only spent 4 hours in it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

The Positives... The hotel shuttle came right to the airport to pick us up. The check in was efficient and the room was clean and surprisingly large. The bed was quite comfortable. The Executive Lounge was nice and the attendant was very friendly. The breakfast in the lounge was better than most with a few hot dishes to go with the regular continental breakfast. The cinnamon french toast was a nice and surprising treat.

The negatives... The bathroom is VERY tiny. Not enough room for the toilet. I guess one could call it convenient, as you can brush your teeth (turning the water off and on) and sit on the toilet at the same time. Becareful, as you might trip over the toilet as you get out of the shower. Also, we heard water filling up the toilet periodically throughout the night. Obviously a leaky toilet, but enought to wake you up each time. It kind of negates the the advantage of a very comfy bed. My only other complaint was in a room on the executive floor the TV was an old curved tube style. Come in Hilton, this is unacceptable on an executive floor. By now, all of the TVs should be some sort of a flat screen style. Even in the executive lounge the tv is the old tube style.

I realize that this may sound petty, but spending 100+ nights per year in Hiltons, I am shocked when I see such a poor TV.

All in all the hotel is just fine and I would stay here again if I had to stay at Ontario airport. The service is good and of normal Hilton quality. The staff is great and really tries. As long as you are expecting a basic business quality Hilton, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect anything super special.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Stayed a few nights in August. We were bringing our daughter to Pomona at the start of the year. I priceline'd this hotel as hotels in Claremont were expensive for this move in weekend at college. This hotels was near the airport, but not so close that planes were flying over head, and only a 5 minute drive to a mall. The hotel was about a 15 minute drive down the expressway to Claremont too. Staff was very friendly. Other reviews commented on the charge for parking. We were not charged for parking as an extra charge. I will definately use priceline to book a hotel for our next trip to Claremont and hopefully will book the Hilton again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband travels to Ontario on several occassions. I have been to this hotel three times within the past 8 months, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
I would like to especially recognize the staff at the on-site restaurant "Blu". Ruby, Carlos, Castor, Cecilia and Mario are all wonderful! They go out of their way to greet each customer and make them feel welcome. The food is prepared quickly and is very good, no matter if you're there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
I do wish the Starbucks in the lobby stayed open until later into the evening. But that is my only complaint about the entire experience at this hotel.
Keep up the great job! And thanks for the welcoming service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2010

BIG rooms, breakfast buffet was good. Very nice rooms. I wish the free shuttle to Ontario Airport ran on-call instead of every 30 minutes....barley made my flight....

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business