“Spend a few more dollars for another hotel....not worth the money spent”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
San Diego, California
“Spend a few more dollars for another hotel....not worth the money spent”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I thought I would save a few dollars booking my reservation through the internet. I saw the picture but did not realize the signs were plastic until I arrived. I saw a very nice hotel across the street so I thought I would be ok....what a mistake I made. The nightmare began when I tried to check in. The man at the front desk made me wait 10 minutes while he talked with another employee. When he finally came to help me, he told me I had to give deposit. I gave my credit card but asked why when nothing to charge. Told me didn't matter had to give anyway. Gave me key for room end of building, only to learn key did not work. Went back to front desk, no phones to ask for help. Finally got into room that was not cleaned. Called front desk and told had to go back, given another room. Entered room occupied by another guest. Asked to talk to manager and the man at front desk said he was manager. I cannot say anything nice, go to a different hotel unless you want to be treated very bad. Ate breakfast in restaurant and the waitress said everything was bad at the hotel now with new owner. The waitress told me owner does not pay bills why so much trouble. A little to much information for me, I checked out..... Embassy suites was great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan S
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Mrs. Susan S:

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I was very distressed to review your survey and see that you encountered some less than friendly associates and service during your experience with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as it is not the way we typically take care of our guests. We pride ourselves on providing sincere and warm service and your survey seems to indicate we totally missed the mark. I have taken appropriate action regarding the situation and I will use your comments about your experience at the front desk as a training tool so that our customer service continues to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future.

Ian Asmundson
Front Office Manager
(909) 481-1760

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Covina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Room has ants, no soap, no towels, night manager at front desk very rude, no help......Gentleman in van very helpful, front desk not interested in problem of ants, did not move me. Asked soap, no soap, ask towels, told no towels. I say I want to leave, man told me I pay anyways. Girl hand me flyer for good time. I was scared, left anyways.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel......
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Fannie L
Dear Mrs. Fannie L:

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center. We value each guest, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while here in Ontario on business or pleasure. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I was quite distressed to read that you had multiple issues during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed these issues with the department managers and we have resolved those issues. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Ian Asmundson
Front Office Manager
(909) 481-1760
Arrowhead Highlands,ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

When your stay starts off with the professional and cheerful front desk like mine did you can only realize that your stay will be one of relaxation and good things. We were placed on he 7th floor at the end of he hall( great place for all you smokers!) and was left to our own until we needed for anything and they would take care of the world we,ll see what lifer brings. The only knock would be the cleanliness of the room upon check in, the bathroom was borderline and the mirror frame was disgusting, if I hadn't been so tired I would have changed rooms.
Overall good stay with a couple of marks for cleanliness and idiot neighbors,( not hotels fault), I did find quite funny that the couple next door enjoyed role playing, too bad the male seemed to be more excite tied about the family goat then his bride, but I have to admit the goat did seem to smell better and was less hairy. Anyways good place to stay, staff made stay better, Erin at desk was great, mane sure you take care of the desk and they'll really take care of you...

Room Tip: Take care of the desk and watch your stay improve....
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve F
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

After staying at the airport Sheraton in Ontario for the last four visits, I decided to take a chance on this hotel (also rated as 3.5 stars on Priceline). As other reviewers have noted, it is a little outdated looking from the outside--looks like a jumble of Legos and very blocky.

Once inside, check in is quietly efficient, and there is a Starbucks in the middle of the lobby. The room itself also looks a little dated, but is rather large. The bathroom is quite small--so small, the door is literally only an inch away from the toilet, and tub also appears to be smaller than average. I couldn't believe that a room so large would have a bathroom so disproportionately undersized.

The mattresses and bedding was okay, but again, no match for the Sheraton. WiFi is free and blazing fast, which might make up for these shortcomings for business travelers.

I did not get a good night's sleep because the AC kicks in quite loudly, plus rattles. Overall, I think this hotel needs to update its accomodations, with the exception of the fast WiFI. For the same price, I pick the Ontario airport Sheraton as the clear winner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire last month, so I didn't know where I would be staying until after I had paid (Hotwire does not reveal the hotel name until they have billed your credit card). After learning that I would be staying at this hotel, I immediately looked it up. I was honestly scared when I saw the cheap-looking blue sign in the pictures of the hotel's exterior. I thought this was going to be a shady hotel.

Fast forward to last week, when I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is in a great and safe location. The lobby is gorgeous and upscale-retro. The rooms were clean and all of the staff that I interacted with (the check-in clerks and the maids) were genuinely friendly. I paid HALF of what I would have expected to pay for a property like this...you can't beat that! And within 3 miles, you will find every chain restaurant under the sun--everything from Chick-fil-A to Ihop to BJ's Brewery to a Krispy Kreme drive-through!

The only downside to this hotel is that some SERIOUS parties go on here during weekends. This is the only reason why I am not giving this hotel a 5-star rating. The night that we first checked in (a Friday), there was some sort of cultural celebration in the lobby area and the music they were playing was LOUD. At the same time, an equally LOUD hip-hop party was going on in one of the reception rooms. Not only did this make it difficult to find parking, I did not feel safe in the parking lot as I was pulling suitcases out of my car (an inebriated man who was fresh out of one of the parties was staring at me in a way that made me really uncomfortable).

All in all though, for the price and the location, I will not hesitate to book this hotel again when I am in the L.A. area.

Room Tip: Reception-area parties can't really be heard when you're on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank a794
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed there for 20 days in july and I had no problems. All employees were very friendly and solved all my issues. The room was nice and was cleaned every day. The breakfast could be better. Some days there was no bread to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rafael G
Spanish Fork, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is not customer friendly. If you book this hotel through a 3rd party like Hotwire you are not entitled to their breakfast. Only customers who go through their direct website can partake of the breakfast the rest of you have to pay $13 per person. The standard room that they give you when you book through a 3rd party does not have a refrigerator in it so don"t bring small kids that require juice or milk unless you want to fill up an ice chest twice a day. A lot of their pool chairs were broken and needed to be replaced. The staff was not willing to work with our family when we asked for a room upgrade to accommodate our families needs unless we paid them an extra $100 a night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family