“Form Letter”

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Milbank, South Dakota
“Form Letter”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel (yet), but I read each of the Reviews posted here. At first I was impressed by the sincere-sounding, personal-sounding response by Ian A, Front, office manager. That is until I realized each response was basically a form letter ... a boiler-plate response. Even the "I-was-greatly-distressed" part was an identically-written drop-in paragraph for each complaint. This makes me think the hotel's response was just an easy PR effort and polite way of ignoring genuine guest issues.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Vaudreyvil,

We appreciate you taking the time to research our hotel on TripAdvisor, and thank you for reading my responses. Although the comments may seem generic, they are sincere. I do print out the comments and share them with the staff and I always discuss any issues with the department managers to help prevent the issues from reoccurring. I also always leave my contact information at the bottom of my responses so the guest can contact me for further discussion if they would prefer, since we cannot always match the TripAdvisor member with the guest name.

I hope you decide to stay with us and give us the opportunity to show you that our guest service and satisfaction is our top priority.

(909) 481-1760

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Hinsdale, Illinois
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now, each time only briefly. The location is ideal, right off the highway, near the airport and outlet mall. There are plenty of dining options nearby. However, if the details are important to you, you should probably pass on this one. The toiletries are awful and the towels are very small and thin. Room 428 has such a loud heating and cooling system I wasn't sure we'd be able to sleep through the night. Another room I had, you were unable to control the thermostat at all. At one check-in, there was no bar soap in the room and when housekeeping brought it by they brought only one, rather than one for the sink and another for the shower. It is generally clean but when you look a little more closely, the bathroom doors are dirty where people have repeatedly touched them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Regina D
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Regina D:

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I was quite distressed to read that you had issues during multiple stays here at the Ontario Airport Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed these issues with the department managers and will work on getting those issues resolved. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future.

Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here one night, as part of a Priceline blind bid for a hotel near the Ontario airport. Arrived about 4:00 and waited almost 15 minutes to check in, but things were busy due to a convention. Checked in and got my key within 5 minutes. The room itself was nice, but the AC system was a little weird and it took a while to figure out how to rig my AC to blow 24/7. I did like the hotel's location: Right off the 10 and within a 10 minute drive of the big artificial downtown area of Rancho Cucomonga, where I had dinner. The bedding, shower, even the waste paper baskets were still standard airport Hilton ones, so I felt right at home.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear msr015100:

davis, ca
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Yes, with a name like Ontario International Airport Hotel, I was a little scared. My son and I booked a double room for a visit to the Claremont Colleges. The price was so reasonable we were a little nervous about the quality.

But, once inside the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised. They let us check in a few hours early. The place was really nice, clean, convenient, and the room was really big. It was very quiet. There is a nice bar in the lobby and one night I got a draft IPA to take back to my room. There are restaurants nearby and the drive to Claremont was pretty easy. We took surface streets rather than getting onto LA freeways.

I would recommend saving the money and staying at this hotel versus staying in Claremont.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear davismom:

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Calling from Traveler's Aid at the Ontario Airport, I looked down the list
and called Ontario Airport Hotel, (formerly a Hilton, with the big lobby).
They told me early check-in was no problem, and they sent shuttle to my
terminal in less than ten minutes! I checked in way early, and i was glad.
nice free lemon water in the lobby.
The breakfast buffet had lots of yummy peppers and onions in the 'taters,
better than typical hotel buffet. 2 free breakfast tix for just me, so i'm
having a second breakfast at 9:45!
Amtrak leaves at 10:54pm from a platform with no station, so these nice
folks will hold my bags, and i will use the shuttle at 10 pm to get to the train.
I will be returning to Ontario soon, and this is where i will stay!

Room Tip: Southside windows give Electric Magenta sunrise cloud formations.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jack S
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Jack S:

Ontario, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

These guys over charged my card by 51.00, were very rude and the place is dirty not maintained. It use to be a Hilton. Now I don't. Knoww who owns it but it's obviously not the Hilton's The City should shut this place down. On a good note however I did find an awesome place to stay. Best Western Inn is pretty much across the street. The Manager Pete Niles keeps the place clean. The A/C works great too.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank john4057370226
Dear john4057370226:

I was very distressed to review your survey and see that you encountered some less than friendly associates and service during your experience with us. It would be very helpful to me if you would be kind enough to share some specifics with me so I may follow-up appropriately. We pride ourselves on providing sincere and warm service and your survey seems to indicate we totally missed the mark. Any additional feedback you would be willing to provide to me would allow me to redirect and retrain any staff that requires the assistance.

Nevada
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. Everything is very clean and nice. The beds were full size instead of queen :-p
Would def stay here again.
The kids loved the pool and hot tub.
They had a restaurant on site which we did not try but it sounded very nice.

• Stayed January 2014
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Travelers Wife: