“Excellent staff”

Residence Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This popular hotel is surprisingly well maintained. When a refrigerator made strange noises, it was promptly disassembled and a new motor installed. Service engineer obviously knew what he was doing.
Front desk staff were polite and helpful. Rooms/suite work perfectly for a sizes of families, which means this is a busy place. Also it is directly across the street from the Ontario Convention Center.
Swimming pool is very, very small for this type of facility. A large family gathering can easily occupy the entire pool and play area.
Breakfast looked good. It was packed every day so we went down the street to Marie Callender's. Not easy to find but that made it less crowded and more comfortable both for a late night dinner and early morning breakfast.

Room Tip: Being near the pool could have pluses or minuses depending on your interest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank montanacouple
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I was happy to see the comments regarding the service recovery issue you encountered and the response from my staff. Thank you for your comments regarding the front desk and the comment regarding the suite.

I apologize for the large crowds at breakfast. Hopefully you will be back soon so that you can enjoy our breakfast.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our Family Trip. We had a total of 22 people, my family that traveled from Houston to California for a Wedding/Fathers Day/Reunion. We reserved 3 Penthouse suites. Our stay at the Residence was great! I have no complaints. The rooms were nice, contemporary, spacious and very clean. Customer service was outstanding. Breakfast was always delicious. We will be staying here again next year. Thanks to Christy at the Residence Inn in Ontario (Airport) for all her help booking our reservations.

Kim

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm elated to hear that you had a good family trip and enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn, Ontario Airport. Thank you for also commenting on our customer service and breakfast.

Hope to see you next year and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is very good as Residence Inns go. Since most of them are on the older side at this point, the quality of any given Residence Inn can be hit or miss in my experience but, as other reviewers stated, this particular hotel has been renovated relatively recently and is in pretty good shape overall. There were some issues, but I would recommend the hotel as the best in the area for families, travelers with pets, or those who simply wish to economize by staying in a room with a full kitchen, thereby saving on meals. The hotel will even stock your fridge if you simply provide a list of what you want! The hotel also offers free meals in the morning and evening, so you can really save on meals if you are so inclined. The food is good quality too.

Of course, one of the nice features of the Residence Inn is that they have the ambiance of a small cozy community, and part of this is due to the fact that they offer the aforementioned meals where you can socialize with other guests. There is even a series of very nice barbeques throughout the property where you can grill with the other guests at various times during the week.

Although the hotel lacks some traditional amenities such as room service, they offer so much value that one tends to overlook this. The hotel rates are very reasonable for a room of this quality that includes a full kitchen (which includes full size fridge, freezer, microwave, stove, oven, dishwasher, large coffee maker and sink with garbage disposal as well as pots, pants, glasses, and utensils). If one has children or pets, the kitchen can be especially helpful. There are also bathtubs in the small but functional bathrooms which would be great for kids. I like that they have a good exhaust fan in the bathroom, and some bathrooms have heat lamps (so many hotels don't have either). The hotel also offers 2 bedroom units (consisting of one bedroom with a closing door and an open loft bedroom upstairs) which are ideal for families with one caveat: I don't recommend letting the kids stay upstairs, as there is nothing to stop them from falling to the living room floor over the very short wall behind the bed, and the stairs to the loft are so steep that they are very dangerous if not taken slowly and deliberately. There is also a fine pool and sport court that are popular with the kids.

A few last things worth mentioning: For those wishing eat out, there are many good restaurants in the area, some of which even deliver to the hotel (ask the front desk for a list). The Convention Center and a nice steakhouse in another hotel are directly across the street, and the airport is close by. There is ample free parking at the hotel that is gated at night and patrolled by uniformed security.

On the downside, our party had some issues with the air conditioning during two separate stays within 30 days, indicating that the a/c units are probably old and in need of replacement soon. In both cases, the air conditioning was very much needed in the 90+ degree heat. The air conditioning is not that effective unless you run it starting early in the day, and it is rather noisy in general both inside and outside the room where the compressors are located, often right outside the bedrooms. One room had a very noisy air conditioner that we attempted to get fixed, but the engineering department did not have the parts and it was Memorial Day weekend, so we had to just put up with it. To the employees' credit, when we called about this matter as well as a brief problem with Internet connectivity, they responded very quickly and courteously. The front desk employees were especially friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are similarly equipped and just vary in size (studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom units). Room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cmkr1969
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. This enables us to learn and improve our property. I will make sure to pass your comments about the AC unit and the internet. This helps my engineering department to improve our guests stays. We hope that if your travel brings you back into the Ontario area.

I will also share your comments regarding your experience and share your nice comments regarding some of our staff and amenities.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Sometimes with a Residence Inn you're not sure what you're going to get upon walking through the door, because most properties are dated and need a lot of work. I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the room. It was clean, which is my primary concern. The grounds could use some tending. The front desk clerks were extremely welcoming and hospitable. Location is close to the Ontario, CA airport too. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm excited to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. Thank you for also sharing your comments regarding our front desk clerks. Here at the Residence Inn we strive for Great Customer Service!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. I stay here frequently for one night before an early morning flight. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant. Michelle even made me a to-go breakfast as I left at 4:30am!!!!

The fitness room is excellent!

See you in a few months!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will pass along your comments regarding the staff and Michelle, I am very fortunate to have a great staff and team members like Michelle.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were in a top floor studio unit towards the back of the property for one night. No excessive noise and the unit was clean and comfortable. A sign in the bathroom asks you to wait 20 minutes between showers. Huh? We learned - if you don't, the next person has no hot water. Air vent directly over the bed had to be closed to keep air from blowing on your head all night. Kitchen was clean and stocked as we expect from a Residence Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuZenMaster
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that you encountered some issues during your stay and I will be looking into them.

I hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at this property at the suggestion of coworkers (who later admitted they only stayed there for the Marriott points) as we were all working at a nearby company in Ontario. This hotel consists of quite a few separate buildings. If your room is in one of the distant rear buildings, you will have a brisk walk to the main building for breakfast. On the other hand, if you are up front, you will be close to the pool and basketball court, which seem to be popular and can get noisy.

The good:
- The front desk staff was terrific and graciously helped with any question I had.
- The king bed was firm and quite comfortable.
- Most of the approximately 40 channels on the large TV were hi-def. Note that you have to swivel the set to view it from the sitting area or bed area (can't view from both).

The so-so:
- The free breakfast was pretty much what passes for free breakfast at mid- and lower-tiered properties: premade eggs, heat & eat sausages, cereals, a make-yourself waffle iron and a modest selection of friut. There is a light meal served in the evenings, but I passed on that.
- The free internet speed is maxes out at 1.5-1.8 mbs but I found the performance variable in the evenings. Curiously, there was a router in the room along with a tangle of wires. Does every room have its own router or was my room servicing the rest of the building?

The bad:
- Although clean (for the most part), the room was tired and in need of a redo. My coworkers commented on the same thing so I know it wasn't just my room.
- There was exposed wiring next to the bed where the wall plate was just dangling.
- A shelf in the bathroom was pulling away from the wall.
- There were no extra outlets at the work desk. I unplugged the router at one point so if it was the access point for other rooms, my apologies.
- There was a sign in the bathroom asking guests to wait 20 minutes between showers to conserve hot water. Really?? Any large national brand hotel chain should have worked out the issues of its guests taking showers.

I would say that if you get this property at a really good price, then it will probably be OK. However, if I have to return to the area, I will probably shop around first.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Cindy Y, General Manager at Residence Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. This enables us to learn and improve our property. I will make sure to pass your comments about the hot water to our engineering department to improve our guests stays. We hope that if your travel brings you back into the Ontario area, you will give another chance.