“Acceptable for our purpose and for the price”

Radisson Ontario Airport
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
CA
“Acceptable for our purpose and for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We came on a deal with a group ($60). If I had paid full price (around $!25) this would be a much lower review.

Bottom line - All in all, above average for the price, but not a luxury experience by any means.

Pros - free parking, free breakfast, free wifi.Room was clean and reasonably well-appointed (mini fridge was a little loud), The bed was comfortable and the linens were in the range of what you would expect at a brand like Radisson.

Cons - the TV was a flat screen, but none of the channels were in HD, and changing the channel took for ever. Anther reviewer mentioned this and I remember thinking, "Oh come on, how could that matter?" when I read it. Well, I must be a 21st century spoiled brat, too, because, It mattered to me too. The floors in the hallways creaked when you walked on them, and there was a faint musty odor throughout the wing we were in. The bathroom was small, with a tiny vanity outside the WC.The breakfast buffet had a reasonable amount of variety - cereals, oatmeal, eggs, french toast, fruit, bacon, sausage, some baked goods, etc.- but the quality of the cooking left a lot to be desired. It was a Sunday morning, and I would have expected better.

Room Tip: One side definitely has more noise, but I am not sure which side!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jidteach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am always amazed that top brand hotels like to charge for everything. Parking had to be paid for, no breakfast included. The pool was closed (in the middle of summer), as were the tennis courts. The onsite deli was closed too. Only the gym and racquetball courts were functional. Rooms were ok but the hotel needs maintenance. Broken garden irrigation sprinklers shooting water all over the place at nighttime. Half the lights not working on the Radisson sign. When I signed in I had to sign an agreement that I recognized this was a no smoking hotel and I would be charged a cleaning fee if we smoked in the room (we are non-smokers). So we walked into our assigned room only to discover it wreaked of tobacco. Go figure. It was convenient to the convention center but I think there must be better value hotels around for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Ventura, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was in charge of finding a hotel for my daughter's soccer team to stay. I trusted the Radisson brand to be great. Not this one. Where do I start? The outside looked nice, the lobby well maintained, and the front desk guy was very nice. Then I find out they didn't have my reservation, luckily there was another room available. We were in this separate building that looked like it was still under construction- from the moment we entered the elevator to the moment we got to our room- the hallway carpet, walls, and floor boards all messed up. No AC in the hallways- warm and muggy- ick. My room seemed decent til we got to know it better. No mini fridge- apparently you have to request one ahead of time otherwise you have a 50/50 chance of one turning up in your room. Hmm, maybe there was one in the room I actually reserved that they didn't have ready for me. Turned on the shower and water spurted from every which direction making a mess on the bathroom floor. Only two dinky little pillows on each bed (every Radisson I've stayed at has 4). One of the two outlets by the bed stand was installed incorrectly so my daughter and I flipped a coin for it. The TV was very frustrating to work- had to push the same button on the remote 2-3 times really hard in order to get the channel to change, and then it would take about 5 seconds to get there, we ended up just leaving it on the weather channel cause it got too annoying to try to change. Without a fridge I went looking for the ice maker...broken. Had to take about a half mile hike to get to the one on the upper floor. In the morning I get a call from one of the families that they weren't allowed breakfast unless they paid $15 a head. Ugh- I had to call down there and remind the front desk that we had breakfast added to our room rate when I set up the block! Many of the parents said their room ACs didn't work and got stuck in warm muggy, rooms. The pool was out of order and the nice brick BBQ pit had a sign that said, "BBQ pit for staff use only". What?! Overall I was incredibly embarrassed that I was the one that set up this block with Stacy at the hotel. I responded to their request for a review and all I got back was that they are working on fixing the ice machine. Great. I'd rather have a refund.

Room Tip: Request a mini fridge ahead of time. Try your AC before you settle in. If they try to put you on the...
5 Thank Aisha G
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I don't even know where to start. Apparently this hotel is under renovation...well then maybe they shouldn't provide rooms that haven't been renovated yet. The only part ofnthe hotel that looked nice was the lobby. The rest of it looked like a condemned building. The first room I checked into had the loudest a/c unit ever. The paint on the walls was unfinished. Horrible lighting. Never looked like it had a thorough cleaning. Water damaged carpets. And nevermind what you had to go through to GET to the room. It was actually scary. The restaurant actually had water damaged menus. Unacceptable. The second and final room I checked into was a bit better. Looked "newer," however the lighting was stll horrible and the a/c was still loud. I was highly disappointed when I was in the dimly lit bathroom and I found a long, black hair on the wall. So gross. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank teetime42
Tsing Y, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. We are currently undergoing a renovation that will fix the concerns mentioned above. We understand the condition of the hotel and we want you to know that we are working diligently to ensure a more pleasurable stay. Have a pleasant day!
Nipomo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very bad place to stay the pool and Jacuzzi was cold and dirty the sealing in the first floor is falling apart and there was no working TV and fridge in the room we also had dirty socks and dust.

The room was not ready I wait in the lobby with my family and they practically try to kick us out because they rather had us some where else than in the lobby area. the parking lot was all dirty piles of dirt they may have been there for while there was no light in the pool area and the tables and chairs were so dusty and dirty.

Room Tip: 1st floor sealing and hall terrible...
2 Thank Mom S
Tsing Y, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Radisson will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.
Ontario, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had reserved a room for three nights at this hotel. When we arrived we were given a room with stained ceiling tiles at the entrance, a missing closet door, and no luggage rack. The room smelled musty and the carpet was dirty and moist in one area. Our first impression was awful so we asked for another room which we were given. It wasn't much better. The entire hotel is outdated and lacks the welcoming environment that weary travelers look for. I would never stay (or attempt) to stay here again. We requested a refund.

3 Thank MyrnaBoyer
Tsing Y, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel while visiting nearby colleges for commencement weekend. Great, affordable, and friendly place. The only complaint (and it is a large one) is that the fitness center is in dire need of an upgrade. The equipment is dated, many essential pieces of equipment are missing (weights, pads, balls, etc.). This was very disappointing.

1 Thank Mary K