“Clean, convenient and quite”

Radisson Ontario Airport
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
“Clean, convenient and quite”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

So the hotel is a couple of years past its bloom, but the service is maintained with friendly staff, clean and accessible for a very reasonable price. Things are a bit slow, but if you do wanna save those extra monies and get free parking, this is the place you wanna stay.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
north carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

While the lobby is nice and clean, the rooms are dingy, dirty and motel-like. Another guest staying with a different group called it a "rat motel" and I have to agree. Yuck. Will never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cbl41
Chris L, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My first impression of the hotel was good. I checked in early and the front desk guy gave me a room regardless. However, when we walked in to the first floor room, we found it was very dark and damp. I opened the curtains to let the light in, but a little while later we saw a man walking outside in the yard right in front of the porch door. We had to change the room because we felt like the room must have been a staircase before and we were staying right in the middle of the road.

The second floor room was better but because of the first room experience we totally lost our interest in the hotel. The building is huge but there is only one entrance and elevator. So we had to walk a long distance every day to get in and out.

What was unbelievable was the "business center" charged the guests for using the internet and printing. I had to pay $7 to print three pages of a document. I have never seen this anywhere in the world.

Overall the area looks very deserted. The "airport" has no flights and there seemed to be no reason for anyone to stay in the area. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank atwater5122
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every action to make sure that all guests are as comfortable as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
El Segundo, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Never thought I would say this about a Radisson, but it was dirty.
The bathrooms were old and tiles were worn. The restrooms in the conference area were dirty so I went downstairs to try another bathroom and it was just as bad.
As usual though the staff was cheerful and helpful. When I complained to them about the bathrooms, they said they would take care of it. Went back later that afternoon to use the upstairs bathroom again and they had not been cleaned.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank berniek1949
Chris L, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. While we're still under renovation, your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Fontana, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Overall I was satisfied. But my room smelled like it had been wet at some point and the bathroom smelled like urine. The spa didn't work which was one of my reasons for booking it and the pool was murky. The bed was real comfy!! The decor of the room was great.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina V
La Habra, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I previously nreviewed this hotel in November 2013. Since then I have stayed there at least twice. From my previous report I still agree that "The Ontario airport area has several excellent hotels and this is certainly one. The front desk was efficient on checking and check out. The room was beautiful and plenty spacious. Everything was in working order. The bed was perfect and there were no noise problems.The shower had an adjustable metal head that provided plenty of pressure. There was convenient free parking." The renovations have been completed and the room prices are higher but they are elsewhere in the area as well, The value for the price was still very good. Totally satisfied.

Room Tip: I've liked every room I've stayed in but some rooms have windows that open and some don'...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We came on a deal with a group ($60). If I had paid full price (around $!25) this would be a much lower review.

Bottom line - All in all, above average for the price, but not a luxury experience by any means.

Pros - free parking, free breakfast, free wifi.Room was clean and reasonably well-appointed (mini fridge was a little loud), The bed was comfortable and the linens were in the range of what you would expect at a brand like Radisson.

Cons - the TV was a flat screen, but none of the channels were in HD, and changing the channel took for ever. Anther reviewer mentioned this and I remember thinking, "Oh come on, how could that matter?" when I read it. Well, I must be a 21st century spoiled brat, too, because, It mattered to me too. The floors in the hallways creaked when you walked on them, and there was a faint musty odor throughout the wing we were in. The bathroom was small, with a tiny vanity outside the WC.The breakfast buffet had a reasonable amount of variety - cereals, oatmeal, eggs, french toast, fruit, bacon, sausage, some baked goods, etc.- but the quality of the cooking left a lot to be desired. It was a Sunday morning, and I would have expected better.

Room Tip: One side definitely has more noise, but I am not sure which side!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple