“Nice hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Spacious rooms, resort like pool area, comfortable lobby with fireplace and bar, 2 restaurants and live entertainment make this a great hotel stay. Starbucks is also in the lobby which is an added venue, but it would be nice in this economy to provide complimentary coffee for guests.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hello kk430,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you and your family had an enjoyable stay and we hope that you will choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario should your travels bring you back to our city.

Have a great day!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Staff was consistently pleasant, efficient and helpful; a definite plus for an otherwise average hotel.

Overall, the hotel has a somewhat dated feel, especially in the halls and common areas. Decor is dark brown/gold - kind of depressing. Rooms are spacious and pleasant. Noise was an issue in the halls, as every door slams loudly on it's own unless a guest takes care otherwise.

Being located next to the convention center is definitely helpful if there for a conference. Good quick transportation from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Hello jamesdmo,

Thank you for posting a review.

I realize how disturbing it must have been to be bothered by the sound of slamming doors. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you while you were our guest.

The comfort of our guests is our highest priority. The next time your travels bring you back to the Ontario area, please contact me directly so that I may make special arrangements for your stay.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Located very close to the airport. Rooms are large and spacious. We had a room facing the pool area. Hall and pool noise was very audible. Did not hear noise from adjoining room. Bathroom was large. There were two sinks, one across from the good size closet near the door to the hall, the other was in with the tub/shower and toilet. There were electrical outlets for both sinks, unfortunately the one by the Tub/shower kept having to be "reset". Towels were very thick and nice. Loved the feather pillows on the bed. The bed itself was very hard and uncomfortable.The coffee maker was nice, and coffee provided was very good. Restaurants in the hotel were, in my opinion, expensive. $6 for a bowl of oatmeal in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Hello carlysgran,

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review.

It' nice to know that you enjoyed your stay and I'm disappointed to learn that our "Sweet Dreams" by Serta bed was uncomfortable. Had it been convenient for you, we would have been more than happy to change your room.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I had a nice stay here. The lobby area is snazzy and the reception staff was very helpful and pleasant. I had some packages waiting for me and they notified me before i had to ask. The bellhop (is that what you call them these days?) helped me to my room with my boxes and luggage; which was a good thing because it would've been 3 trips to the front desk. The breakfast was very good as well. So many times I find the oatmeal is runny if they have any at all. The eggs weren't over cooked and there was real bacon too. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would choose to come back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Hello GonadBarbarian,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you had pleasant stay and that we achieved our goal of providing you with "World Class" service.

We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Recently stayed there on a business trip. I checked in a bit early with one of my colleagues. We had to attend our meeting early so my colleague had to change and freshen up. Though our room wasn't quite prepared, the front desk attendant made us a key to one of the conference rooms, so he wouldn't have to change in the restroom (which would have been disgusting). The managers were very helpful and cheerful. The housekeeping staff were very helpful and accommodating, particularly when asking for more coffee (I drink a lot) and creamers. The rooms were exceptionally clean, and in general, I felt like I had the 4-4 1/2 star experience. As a Hilton Honors member, I usually stay at Embassy Suites, but now I'll consider Doubletree Hotels also!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front desk and on the first floor for convenience.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hello Chris C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel.

We value all of our guests and especially our loyal Hilton Honors members.

When traveling to Ontario, California don't even think about it twice as to where you will stay. We will be waiting to welcome you back.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Had to go to Ontario recently for a conference and stayed here. I normally only stay at Marriotts and decided to branch out to Hilton's and even joined their honors program because I travel often for work. However, I must say I was very disappointed with my first stay at a Hilton. The room was ok - pretty old with all the old wooden doors chipping off. The bathroom shower curtain was shredded and not clean. The staff was pretty friendly and the restaurant was ok.

• Stayed: February 2012
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Hello Klion77,

Thank you for posting a review in regard to your recent stay with us and also for enrolling into our Hilton Honors program.

Please accept my deepest apologies for your disappointment with your overall stay and first time visit to a Hilton property. I can assure you that the feedback you provided has been communicated to the appropriate person(s) and has since been corrected.

Although we don't get a second chance to make a first impression, your first impression doesn't truly reflect the experience and/or level of service that we are known for providing to our guests.

I would hope that in the very near future that you allow us another opportunity to serve you and demonstrate our "true colors".

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed at this property this week for 2 nights. Upon returning to the room the first night, I found my room door open. Security indicated that their housekeeping staff had left it open and they were very sorry. No additional offer was made to rectify the situation. Luckily there was nothing missing. It is an odd property. If you are given a room in the far building, be prepared to schelp your bags quite a distance. Their attention to detail is poor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Hello daskoterzar,

I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize for your guest room door being left ajar by our housekeeping department.

I would like to also assure you that this is an isolated incident and has been addressed internally with our housekeeping team to avoid a recurrence . There is in my mind, no excuse for this type of oversight.

We do have bellpersons available to assist our guest's with their luggage if needed and again, I apologize if this service was not offered to you.

If you have dealt with us in the past, you are aware of the fact that we can do better and that your recent experience was far from typical. Should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area please contact me personally so that I can make special arrangements for your stay.

Respectfully,