“Great Access to Ontario Convention Center”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Ontario, United States
“Great Access to Ontario Convention Center”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Double Tree is a very large complex but it is an easy walk to the convention center. Room was spacious. Staff pleasant and friendly. I will continue to book here for my yearly visit for a Quilt Show and conference. They have an airport shuttle and next year I might fly down instead of drive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hello Leslie S,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your continued loyalty to the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport hotel.

Whatever you decide in regards to flying or driving next year, we wish you safe travels and look forward to your return.

Yolanda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Santa Rosa Ca, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Service was not what we were told. We were there to go to Road to Ca…told that a shuttle would run every 30 min…so not true. Had to call everytime we want the shuttle. Waiting more than 30 min and than having to walk at 10.30at night..not ok…If we had been placed at the back of the hotel closer to the Conv center that would have worked. Everytime we talked to some one at the front desk got a different answer even staying that they have this issue every year with Road to Ca. If you want to be a preferred hotel treat us that way…last day finally told the way to get wifi..not when we checked in.ugh. Just wanted money and nothing else. No microwave and refrigerator either. We had a person with meds that had to be in the frog. Had to request 1 and the one we got was dirty too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hello Lori L,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the miscommunication regarding our shuttles.

Our shuttles depart from the hotel every 30 minutes beginning at 4am until 1am going to the Ontario International Airport and the Ontario Convention Center 7 days a week.

We provide scheduled transportation to/from the Ontario Mills Outlet Mall and this information is available at the front desk.

In regards to pick up from the Ontario International Airport and the Ontario Convention Center, we pick up on demand, not every 30 minutes.

All 482 of our guest rooms are not equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. However, upon the guest's request and based on availability we will have them delivered to your guest room at no additional cost.

I will forward your feedback to our Director of Housekeeping in regards to the condition of the refrigerator not being clean when it was delivered. Please rest assured that your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel has always been and is still honored to be the host hotel for the Road To California Quilter's Conference.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Room Tip: If you are attending a convention, ask for a room on the east side of the hotel on the 3rd floor. Y...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hello salesmaven,

DoubleTree and double review.

California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was in town for the Road to California quilt show. The hotel is right next door to the convention center so walking over there in the morning was a breeze. My room rate included a buffet breakfast and wifi. My room was clean and comfortable. The comfy chair was a huge plus for relaxing and watching TV or catching up on emails. A small footstool would have made it even better. The bed was amazingly comfortable and cosy so I was able to get a good night's sleep. The bathroom provided a nice counter for my toiletries. The hot water took forever to get to the 3rd floor and with the current California drought conditions, I felt guilty for wasting so much water before getting the right temperature in the shower. The buffet breakfast was a huge plus for me. I didn't have lots of time in the morning to spend in the restaurant so being able to grab breakfast and get going was great. The hot food included scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage and a meat dish (tri tip, salmon, beef enchiladas, etc.). There was also fresh pastries, fruit, yogurt and breads for toasting. Juice, coffee, tea, oatmeal and cereal were also available. Seriously, if you didn't get enough food to start your day, it was not the hotel's fault. I cannot say enough good things about the ladies who greeted me in the morning, poured coffee and provided to-go cups. It made the start of my day very cheery. My only compliant was that I was over charged for my room rate, which was booked through the convention months ago. Doubletree should have caught the mistake before I did. A simple call to the hotel made the correction.

Hello salesmaven,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to personally apologize in regards to your room reservation rate error but glad to hear that it was immediately resolved.

Your overall experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel is an example of what we strive to achieve and for every guest to experience on a daily basis.

You don't have to wait until the Quilter's conference before you come and stay with us again.

Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Nice hotel with generally good service. The Porter restaurant was overpriced for the quality of the food. The food was ok but not for the price charged. I had one problem with the hotel service in that I was supposed to receive water in my room each night and it took three days to get that right and then one of the bottles was damaged. No excuse for that.

Hello Bruce P,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the inconvenience you experienced with your guest room water delivery.

Your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain, and of which you have every right to expect at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel.

Your feedback is quite valuable in that it enables us to correct and improve, thus helping to ensure thall all guests are properly satisfied.

Again, thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Hemet, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

All team members were very helpful and pleasant. Food was good, and we enjoyed our stay. The short walk to the convention center was a real plus while we visited the Road 2 California Quilt Show. Although there are less expensive hotels nearby, the overall value for DoubleTree made it well worth the difference.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Hello Louella M,

Thank you for your review.

At the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel, we know that you have many choices as to where to stay when traveling.

Our goal is to become your only choice, by striving to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service.

We look forward to you staying with us again next year for the Quilter's Conference.

Saratoga, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

On Saturday night I could not find a place to park within a block of the hotel. They need to make sure that some of parking around the hotel is for the guests that are staying there. The food at Porters was not as good as my last stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Hello Linda S,

Thank you for your review.

I would also like to extend my deepest apologies in regards to you having difficulty finding parking while you were our guest.

We value all guest feedback and please know that we will make every effort to ensure that your next stay at our hotel will not be a repeat of the first.

We look forward to welcoming you back.