“Not a Happy Camper”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Extended my stay at hotel; front desk failed to communicate to housekeeping of extended say, thus housekeeping removed all of my personal belonging from room and prepped room for new guest. Upon my return back to the room, my personal belongings were gone. Communicated to front desk and after several hours and follow-up call, finally my personal belongings were returned and I was finally able to get ready for my business event. Not a Happy Camper!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at our hotel.

Communication is key in any organization although we failed to demonstrate differently. I intend to share your comments with my team and management staff to ensure that other guests are not subjected to similar situations.

Once again, I do apologize and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with an experience more typical of the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel.

Yolanda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Our family suite was fantastic. Comfortable beds, 2 rooms, nice balconies overlooking the pool area and very clean. After checking in we went to the bar. We ordered our drinks, calamari and chicken nachos. This is where we went wrong. The nachos didn't even have cheese on it. It was that petroleum type product pumped out of a can. But that was the "good" food. The calamari was a greasy pile of rubberbands. My husband is a squid fisherman. You should be able to cut calimari with a knife when prepared properly. This was not edible. I called the waitress over and told her that the calimari was not prepared properly. She looked at me in that put off look that meant she was going to get snarky with me. She said, and I'm quoting here, "That's the way we make it here honey! They can't remake it because that's the way it's made." I said, "Well HONEY, it's not edible and the cook should be ashamed of that, please take it away." Then of course later we had to ask her to remove it from our bill. She actually tried to charge us for it. Great rooms, but don't eat there. They can't even make simple appetizers w/o getting rude.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hello Gloria A,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your guest room accommodations and I apologize for your experience in our bar area.

Your feedback has been forwarded to our Executive Chef and his culinary team for review and improvement.

The next time your travels bring you back to the Ontario area, please contact me directly.

I look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Warm greeting along with a warm cookie! spacious room, clean bathroom. It was raining so couldn't use the pool, but it looked lovely from my courtyard view room. As a business traveler, i would have liked an additional chair or two in the room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hello Karen M,

Thank you for your review.

We're glad your overall experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel was "Great".

Since it was raining while you were here, that gives you an excuse to come back so you can utilize the pool and enjoy the ambiance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This DoubleTree is great if you are flying in and out of the Ontario airport. The rooms are large and comfortable. The bed was exceptional. The lobby area was big and lots of places to hang out with colleagues or friends and share a bite to eat or drink.

If going back in the area again, I would choose this DoubleTree.

Hello Joe F,

Thank you for your review.

I agree, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel is a happening place.

We just replaced all 482 of our beds and bedding in every guest room. Our goal is for every guest to have "Sweet Dreams".

Please continue to share your experience with your friends, family and colleagues. Therefore, when they come to Ontario, California we would hope that they will stay with us too.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Thanks for an amazing staff, warm welcome, warmer cookies and all extras that at your hotel and all the amazing. It truely made for a great experience and amazing trip to southern California. Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello Jason C,

Thank you for your review.

We're glad that your trip to Southern California was amazing and we're even more excited that you had an amazing stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were 5-people stayed there in this hotel for a business visit. Experience was great. Rooms are very big and with good modern amenities. Hotel is having very large compound with comfortable walk. Parking area is excellent. Staffs are very friendly and helpful, in fact they managed a small party we wanted in very short time in the day of our arrival.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank KuntalGanguly
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Hello Kuntal2014,

Thank you for your review.

We're glad you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

We hope that the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel will be the only place that you will consider staying, the next time your travels bring you back to the Ontario, California area.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

While there I attended a conference at the Ontario Convention Center & loved the proximity to the Center & the Hotel. Able to walk to the Center & avoid paying the outrageous parking fees at the OCC! Wonderful restaurants within the Hotel as well as many to choose from nearby. Plan on staying there again!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Hello Brenda C,

Thank you for your review.

It's always a pleasure to read when our guest's expectations have been met and/or exceeded.

My preference is to always "Exceed".

We hope that we are now your hotel of choice when returning to the Ontario, California area.

Hope to see you soon.