“Wedding & Family Time”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Dublin, United States
“Wedding & Family Time”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel to attend my cousin's wedding and had a ball! The hotel was clean and everyone was friendly no matter how many times my fiance asked for the "check-in" cookie..HAHAHAHA. Wedding was gorgeous, the reception was nice and we partied at Misty's on the other nights!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello Shaunice L,

Thank you for your review.

Glad you enjoyed the wedding, Misty's and your fiance's "check-in" cookies.

We look forward to the two of you staying with us again.

Warm Regards,
Yolanda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Ontario, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I really enjoyed DoubleTree by Hilton at Ontario, CA. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very kind and helpful. The common area was very beautiful, well cared, organized and clean. The breakfast was amazing, the best I ever had in US. The rooms could have had a safe box... I missed that a lot. Thanks. Bruno Esteves (Brazil)

Hello Bruno P,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay.

Although we do not currently have safety deposit boxes in our guest rooms, they are available at no additional cost located by the front desk.

Should your travels bring you back from Brazil to Ontario, California, we hope that we will remain your hotel of choice.

New Tazewell, TN, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Your buildings are confusing. Directions to them from the Lobby need some improvement. I got lost and had to use a house phone to call the front desk. Room service was excellent. Computer was down when checking out-receipt had to be emailed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Hello Barbara U,

Thank you for your review.

I agree, our layout can be a bit confusing due to us having three buildings.

About two years ago, our hotel elected to go paperless. Meaning, we no longer place the receipts under the guest room doors we e-mail them.

We look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,
Poway, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The customer service, accommodations, value, and features of the property was exemplary as usual. We've been staying here for the past 9 years and reserve a group block of 50+ rooms each year and have nothing but great things to say about this hotel!

Hello Kurt H,

Thank you for your review.

We look forward to providing the same exceptional service for many more years to come.

We appreciate your loyalty.

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you need a place to sleep that the room is clean - then this is for you. It's a little dated, but everything that is dated is clean. The pool area is nice has very modern chairs. and the water was clean. I was not impressed with the front desk, we are HH members and they didn't give us any information about the nightly reception for members that they have, and they didn't give us our free Wi-Fi password we had to ask for it. Also when we were checking out I went out of my way to let them know I had drank the two bottles of water in my room, and they ended up double charging us for 4 bottles. So I had to go back into the hotel and get that corrected. So again not really impressed with that portion of our stay. We would stay there again if ever in the area only because we love the cookies.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Elizabeth J,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for you being overcharged for the Smart Waters in your guest room.

In regards to the Hilton Honors Reception, it's the last Wednesday of every month and not nightly. I do apologize that this information was not communicated to you upon check-in.

We appreciate your candid comments, they allow us an opportunity to improve upon areas in which may have been overlooked.

United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

was a very good place to stay i would come back to this location again I have never had a bad experience at a Hilton in my travels, We had our 40th class reunion there and it was a good time, the food was better than expected, the last event at another brand hotel was way below the quality of the Double Tree Hilton Ontario California location. There are many great attractions in the area, I love to go to the Bass Pro Shop and Victoria Gardens is a great place to shop.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Beverly S,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Class Reunion and going to the Bass Pro Shop.

We look forward to your continued patronage of the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel.

South Pole
Reviewed 16 July 2014

On the surface, this Doubletree is ok. It is ageing and sprawling in an inconvenient way with blocked entrances and exits out to the various surrounding streets. It seems like it takes 2 minutes just to leave the property. I used a HH points and cash award that was dirt cheap. Sometimes you can get lucky when a hotel does these specials. This place is a half a star from being called a dump. It was safe to assume the hotel was slow with the room special I had reserved and it looked like it, which I think is a good thing. For some reason, even with my HH status, my room was located out in the hinterland. I felt like the "outer" building is relegated to flight crews and discounted rooms because the room sucked and was basic in every way. The bathroom looked like it was last updated during the first President Bush administration. I've stayed twice before at the Airport Sheraton which is about a block away from the Doubletree. On both occasions, I would say the Sheraton is superior to the Doubletree in every way. The rates are also about the same. The Ontario Doubletree is another example of a tired Hilton family hotel that the company has bled for years taking all the money from it and putting little back into it. I've seen it a dozen times across the country in the past couple years.

4 Thank Viking94708
Hello Viking94708,

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport Hotel.

We know that as a consumer you have many choices as to where you can stay when you travel. It saddens me to know that we will no longer be one of your hotel choices when you travel.

Again, thank you for your feedback.