“Clean Hotel and Friendly Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a short, one-night stay so I could avoid the Monday morning California traffic. The front desk was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable (and pretty large). Our view of the parking lot wasn't impressive; had I stayed longer I would have asked for a garden view. We ordered drinks at the bar (avoid ordering mixed drinks--they tasted horrible) and had dinner at the steakhouse. The airport shuttle was quick to pick us up when we dropped off our car rental and runs every 30 minutes to the airport for drop-off. Nice hotel for a one-night stay; overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view and tell them you want to avoid the view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello dhdcf,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel very quite and peaceful. Front desk excellent Customer Service and accommodation were honored. However the Jacuzzi was not clean and did not work properly. Otherwise, everything was excellent. Bar in the lobby was quite, relaxing, and very personal and I was in my comfort zone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Hello Shannon B,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad your overall experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport hotel was a good one.

Had we been made aware of the issue with the Jacuzzi we would have immediately taken care of it.

This definitely gives you another reason to come and stay with us again. I hope that you will.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The AC in my room was not cooling propertly, engineer did adjust the vents...later the name evening there was a water leak in the bathroom from the ceiling; I believe it might have been condensation from the AC unit, which over filled the pan and onto the floor. It was good that I did not slip and fall in the bathroom. The Engineer did correct the problem, but I was up until I believe 11:30 PM while he resolved the issued and dried the floors and provided additional towels. Other than this, it was a nice place.

Hello Pablo T,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my deepest apologies in regards to the issue with your HVAC unit not working properly in your guest room. I'm glad our engineering department quickly resolved the issue to your satisfaction.

We value your feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Front Desk staff at this hotel needs to know when the hotel's food facilities are open for guests - I was given two different answers, neither of which was correct, regarding their principal restaurant's opening time. Additionally, I asked about the Wall Street Journal - they attempted to check with outside sources, which were sold out. Later that evening, I found that the Starbucks in the hotel had the Saturday Journal.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hello James Ralph L,

Thank you for your review.

My sincere apologies in regards to the incorrect information provided to you in regards to the hours of operation for our restaurants.

I agree, training is key for any job and especially at the front desk in the hospitality industry or any industry for the matter.

I currently have several new team members undergoing training at this time. I mention this not as an excuse, but rather in the hope that you will consider that your experience was the exception, not the rule.

We do provide complimentary USA Today and Wall Street Journal newspapers Monday thru Friday. The newspapers are available on a table just outside of our Fitness Center, on the Bell Desk across from the Front Desk and in our Citrus West Restaurant.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

the check in was easy enough. The directions to the room were horrible, got lost had to ask for directions twice.!! She good have given me a much more direct way to my room as i found out later. I should preface this with they first canceled both my nights when i only wanted one nite canceled. I've been calling them to inquire about my bill, they put me on hold so long i just hang up or they don't even answer the phone!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello Priscilla C,

Thank you for your review and thank you for speaking with me today.

Please accept my deepest apologies in regards to your experience with our hotel. I'm glad we were able to clear up that there wasn't an error with your final bill.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in providing you with the excellent customer service and care that we are known for providing on a daily basis to our guests.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Thank you staff for providing the roll away bed. I had requested a double bed earlier, but upon check in was told it has been two weeks since this hotel had any rooms with two beds available.
The room is spacious and offers a mini frig and microwave. The king size bed was very comfortable. It offered a flat screen TV for your enjoyment.
Unfortunately, the reservation desk for check in was a lengthy wait. They had only two employees staffing the desk when there was a lengthy line of customers waiting patiently. Each of us waited over 5 minutes for assistance. It would have been nice of the hotel staff had offered each so us something extra for the long wait besides a warm cookie. I even had to request one as the clerk forgot to offer me one. Also, it would have been nice if I was provided with directions to my room. The facility is so huge that one has to walk everywhere to find their room in one of the three buildings. Luckily, one of the other staff members assisted me, but I was still confused as it was not close to the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for assistance finding your room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello n w,

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies in regards to your delayed check-in.

I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you with a rollaway bed.

Should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area, please contact me directly so that I may make special arrangements for your stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was told there would be a microwave and fridge in my room--to cut down on costs I like to eat breakfast and have food available in my room. I was one of very FEW rooms that ended up NOT having either of these. I asked the front desk numerous times to see if one could be delivered to my room or could I switch to a room that had these and no one was willing to help me out. Other than that--things were nice and clean.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello Kelly E,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologize in regards to you not receiving a refrigerator or microwave while you were our guest.

I'm glad to hear that not receiving the items didn't ruin your stay or impression of our hotel.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.