“They do an outstanding job at this Sheraton and they always get me back when I'm in Ontario”

Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
South Pole
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here about three years ago and was satisfied with my stay then. I see the hotel has had at least a basic renovation (lobby area) and the rooms seem a little spruced up as well. I stayed then as well as now on the club floor and it is the best value club floor in the Starwood chain. Their lounge is always very generous on the regular drinks 24/7, and the staff really go out of their way to accommodate. One thing they need to update on their computer work station in the lounge is the updated versions of Windows 7 or 8 and the equally updated Adobe Acrobat. I needed to print a couple of documents and their pc didn't have the updated software versions and it was password protected, so I couldn't even order it up for them! I'm a big fan of their easy in/out parking facilities, nice pool, empty workout area and very helpful staff. From a value standpoint, it is the best place to stay in the ONT Airport area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Viking94708

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Culver City, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

So, I was driving back from Coachella Music Festival and was just EXHAUSTED. It was around 3 a.m. I pulled over off I-10 and googled where I would be in an hour driving-wise. Answer: Ontario. Pulled up tripadvisor app and this place has good reviews and is right off the freeway, so I call. Night shift front desk guy (Micheal) is so nice and helpful, quotes me a great rate and confirms my drive-time estimates, laughs at my jokes, etc. His A+ customer service got me to stay there, if the person I spoke to hadn't been super helpful I would've just moved down the list.

Needless to say there was no one else around when I checked in around 4 a.m. All I wanted was a hot shower and a comfortable bed and Sheraton delivered in style.

My room (with AAA discount a very reasonable rate) was very nice and the bed was heaven!!! The bedding and sheets were a delight, especially after sleeping in a tent for 3 nights. Honestly though, I know they would have been heavenly anyway. I stayed in my room for about 48 hours total with ever leaving, ordered room service twice and it was always prompt and delicious.

Best part was since I was unexpectedly in Ontario I went to Ontario Mills and got some cute spring dresses on sale as well!

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was very cool, made me feel like Lex Luthor surveying my domain. Except t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Crystalized
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with our dog, great room at club level, includes free breakfast and drinks from club lounge. Room is spacious and updated. Parking lot well lit and patrolled by guard. In n Out burger next door. Has nice pool on site, didn't use. Will be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Luvtosafari
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Overall, the staff was extremely friendly, complimentary parking was easy and all the rooms provided a comfortable, clean, and safe stay for guests with all the necessary amenities. A good hotel definitely worth a return visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff here made you feel welcomed and cared for. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Corona, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked a stay several months ago at the Sheraton at the Ontario airport, due to travel issues my wife checked in today and I am still trying to get back to CA from OH, due to weather issues.

When I made the reservation I requested a refrigerator, I also had my previous and current ambassadors at SPG call the hotel to try and ensure that a refer would be in the room. Not only did that not happen but when I called the hotel and spoke to the general Alfonso Torres, he was rude and interrupted me several times after he asked me to explain the situation. I would like Mr. Torres direct Supervisors contact information. I have never come across a general manager at SPG like him. I will never step foot in the Sheraton at Ontario as long as he remains working there

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank mmadden841
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
mmadden841,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s unfortunate that your experience was un-acceptable. I want to assure you that we take every opportunity to improve our service standards whenever we fail to meet or exceed our guest expectations and I apologies that we did not do so for you.

In this particular instance I feel it extremely important to address this as you have identified a specific person in our operation that you feel was rude and failed to resolve your issue. Also calling for someone’s termination or resignation is extreme considering the issue. As you can see by our rating summaries we have 4 out of 5 in all categories with the exception of one. Rooms is an area we are addressing with a complete renovation from top to bottom that is in the final stages of completion.

I have reviewed the incident and have spoken at length with our General Manager as well as other staff members involved. As a point of explanation and not excusing the incident I must explain how we have addressed this.

Refrigerators are not a standard amenity in all of our guest rooms. However we do have a limited amount available upon request for guest such as yourself. In this case we missed the mark by not having it in the guest room upon arrival and that you had to again request it. As you know and experienced weather related travel interruptions this was the case for other travelers that stayed with us. Extending their travel due to the weather disrupted our ability to provide you with a refrigerator upon arrival. In speaking with the staff I understand that we were able to fulfill your request with only a minor delay after checking in. We are committed to finding better ways to provide you with the best possible service standards and will continue to do so by addressing issues such as this.

With regards to your experience with our General Manager I can tell you that we have spoken at length about this and will continue to take every effort to learn from it and take all that enthusiastic energy to resolve issues directly in a more positive balanced approach.

I am sorry that you will not be staying with us in the future. I hope you will reconsider knowing that your loyalty to Starwood is very important to us and that a single experience of disappointment is not a true reflection of our hotel the Sheraton brand or any of the thousands of Hospitality professionals providing exceptional services every day.

Please feel free to contact me at any time as we would love the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Christopher Slattery CHA
CEO - Hospitality Resource Group
Sheraton Hotel Ontario Airport
KY
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Pretty much an average hotel, nothing good, nothing bad. Average interior, average rooms with a marginal TV lineup, average check-in, average landscaping. I was going to give the hotel a 6/10 because there is an In-N-Out burger place across the street but I have to change that to a 4/10 due to the gardeners outside of my window at 7:30 AM with their LOUD sidewalk blowers :( BY THE WAY, I'm on the fifth floor and the weedeaters/blowers are loud so I can only imagine the lower floors :(

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thekubiaks
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. We do appreciate all of our guests feedback and we take it as an opportunity to grow. We will be following up with our landscape team to ensure they wait until later hours to begin work closest to the hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again.
Las Vegas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stayed several times in this hotel and I'm never disappointed. Little touches like the marble floor tiles in the bathroom are really nice. Super clean, great beds, nice common areas and very nice staff. A little noisy from outside sources including train but, overall, a great value and great stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly do appreciate hearing from our guests and it is always a pleasure to share such a positive review with our team. I am happy to read you continue to stay with us and have never been disappointed, this is an accomplishment we hope to achieve with each and every guest. We are continuing to renovate our hotel and we understand the subtle touches can be the most impacting. We hope to see you again and hope you enjoy our next phase of renovations.