“Fantastic reservation, disappointing stay”

Best Western Plus Ontario Airport
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Anchorage, United States
“Fantastic reservation, disappointing stay”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Reservation agent was amazingly friendly and accommodating. Airport shuttle was very prompt and friendly. From there it went downhill fast. Check in person saw me come in, (made eye contact) and went in to the back room; I had to say "hello" and then she came out. I felt hurried and didn't get clear explanations on where the amenities were. Because the room doors open to an outdoors sidewalk and it was night time and I was alone (for the first 3 hours), I was frightened to go "exploring" for ice, vending, breakfast area, etc. I discovered an ice machine next to my room, but it was broken. I went back to the front desk to ask about an alternative, and again hurried instructions. I had to walk alone in the dark outside in a poorly lit area to finally find the operative ice machine. Later when my brother arrived, he was almost ready to settle in to bed after an exhausting travel day, when he almost steps on a caterpillar on the floor. The next morning, we were gathering our belongings, saw a receipt on the floor, picked it up thinking it was ours, but it was dated 3 days' prior from a store neither of us had ever attended and there was a last name with ending credit card info on it. We had to wonder if the room had been vacuumed and what if we'd left a receipt and somebody found it later. Also, the breakfast area was under construction with crumbling exposed wall that was very unappetizing. I did NOT have my free breakfast because I worried about construction dust/germs, it just felt unsanitary. When I mentioned these incidents very gently to the check out person, she was smiling and used friendly tones, but made no effort to apologize or rectify my discomforts. I don't care for confrontation particularly when exhausted from travel, but when she interrupted my brother describing the insect he saw on the carpet with, "oh whew! I thought you were gonna say it was a roach or something!", I had to restrain my reaction. Not only was she failing to recognize our dissatisfaction with our experience, she was minimizing our discomfort by what SHE considered "bad", did she forget WE were the paying guests? Best Western had come with such great recommendations, but I was very disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
garden grove, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

cleanest hotel in this class that I have ever experienced. Comfortable beds and good space. Staffs are helpful. not a luxurious hotel, but top rate service. Breakfast was standard but offered good variety. fitness room was small but adequate

Camarillo, California
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for 1 day, and we were very pleased with the overall experience. This was the second hotel that I have stayed at in Ontario, and it never ceases to amaze me that Ontario, CA always has some of the best hotels at an affordable cost. Best Western PLUS Ontario Airport was no exception to that rule. The only problem that I had was that we couldn't find enough attractions to justify staying for a longer duration. The service at this hotel was exceptional with friendly staff, the full breakfast was delicious, the room was immaculate with a pleasant fragrance, and the appearance of the courtyard was very alluring. Overall, the hotel manager and staff members seem to raise the standards above what I would expect for the price I paid. This place was Outstanding! I would definitely go back again for another family excursion.

Crestline, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Everything was as advertised. Employees VERY friendly and accommodating! We used the "park and fly" option which made it an even better value. The shuttle service to the airport was FREE, on time, and extremely helpful. Overall this hotel was an outstanding beginning to our trip.

Victorville, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a fine hotel for an overnight stay or if you are traveling out of ONT. The room was really nice but a little small if you are staying longer term. Everything worked and the bed was comphortable with 4 pillows. TV had plenty of chanels. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in this area. The price was good and the area seemed plenty safe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Mineral, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

So accommodating travel with service dog and NO problems in anyway. On a tight budget great breakfast, clean room and wonderful pool. Hot coffee around the clock. There to pack shoes boxes for OCC and close to warehouse.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Bullhead City,AZ
Reviewed 5 December 2013

After experiencing a horrifying visit at the BW "suites" 2 miles away, we were gratefull to have been welcomed after midnite upon conclusion of of the Black Friday mayhem. We were well taken care of by the nite clerk Jesse,and finally got some rest.We enjoyed a nice breakfast freshly remodeled rooms,and pleasant surroundings. I had this property confused with the one up the the road, but instantly recognized it as I had been here three years prior.The next time I will not forget which is the best hotel near the Ontario airport.No hesitation to return real soon!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family