“nice stay at a economy hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Ontario Mills Mall

Rodeway Inn Ontario Mills Mall
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Bad Homburg, Germany
“nice stay at a economy hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

The staff at frontdesk do a great job - very nice. The room was clean, an big enough.
We checked in with a coupon and we got the coupon price without any problems.
Not so good - trains very close, but for us it was no problem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Maricopa, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I wish TripAdvisor had a category rating below "terrible", because I'd use it on this review! I stayed here for work purposes in late August, but I did not have a choice in the matter. My employer paid for it, and booked it for me, so I went. I was pre-warned by fellow co-workers of the bug problem this motel has, so I arrived in fear. When I checked in, I asked for an upstairs room because the bugs may not get into my room as easy as the downstairs. I was told the bugs come crawling out at night from underneath the bushes, and under the doors of the downstairs units. When I asked the front desk about this, she didn't deny it, and in fact said the bug problem got worse during the nearby railroad construction. I went up to my room, after I checked in, and the room was "ok" looking. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and well worn! The carpeted floor was the worst! It was so dirty, that it ruined my socks. I had to wear shoes in my room the entire time to avoid ruining a second pair. The carpet is so dirty and nasty, that I almost think the sidewalks are cleaner. The internet is the only good part about this place, and it worked pretty well. The food options nearby are slim, unless you want to walk to the truckstop next door. Avoid this place. It's an abomination! No!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Yes - trains / planes in the front and truck stop in rear. I stay in the rear, less noise and hum of trucks is barely noticeable if at all. I work hard all day and sleep hard so it didn't bother me.

Room was clean and comfortable; the king size bed nicely made. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and coffe maker; as well as several cable channels including two HBO channel.s and Cinemax. We had a room facing the truck stop, but there was no more noise outside than there is at any other hotel; there was one train that came through late in the night. The city is in the midst of building a sound proof barrier to lessen the noise made by the trains.

Room Tip: Trains & planes in the front and truck stop in rear. I stay in the rear, less noise and hum of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
California Desert, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

My husband is a truck driver and we stay in a LOT of hotels with our dog. We read the previous reviews and were skeptical. We decided to give them a try anyway, and form our own opion. This is an economy hotel, and they are doing a great job. The front desk personnel were friendly, as were the housekeeping staff we encountered. Our room was clean and comfortable; the king size bed nicely made. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and coffe maker; as well as several cable channels including two HBO channel.s and Cinemax. We had a room facing the truck stop, but there was no more noise outside than there is at any other hotel; there was one train that came through late in the night. The city is in the midst of builing a sound proof barrier to lessen the noise made by the trains. The only complaint I have about the room at all is that the mattress was a little too firm for my liking. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

had the misfortune to stay here for 3 nights. Cheap - yes, but nothing else good to say about it.
Truck park at the rear, trucks in and out all night, and american trucks are NOT quiet. Railway line withing 50 yards, and the engine drivers seem to delight in sounding their horns every 10 seconds., add in the planes flying into the airport and you can see that sleep is not an option!!
Breakfast - well if you can call toast and pre-packed danish slices a breakfast then you may be OK. the drinks machine was not working for 2 days. Fruit when it was there was past its best.
I would advise anyone to spend a little bit more and stay somewhere decent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Riverside, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

this is most terrible motel i've ever experienced, there is no ac, heater, thin wall that you can here everything, less than 20 channel tv, railroad track in the front and truck stop in the back.....
you sure get what you paid for.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Madison, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Forget the bad reviews on here about this place! If your expecting Quality Inn, Ramada, Etc. you will be dissapointed. However, if your expecting an economy motel chain such as econolodge, days inn, super 8, rodeway inn, etc. you will be very happy. I spend over 100 days a year in hotels so I am sure the bad reviews come from people that dont know the difference between a rodeway inn and a quality inn.

As for noise, yes there is a truck stop and train track but I didnt hear either and my room faced the truck stop. Staff is wonderful!!! Its clean and comfortable.

The only downside is that the wifi SUCKS! Dial up speed at best. If you dont need it for your stay I highly recommend this hotel.

Trucker Tip: Park at the TA East and walk outside the gate to motel. Only bobtail parking at hotel. Hotel doesnt count towards the parking fee at TA East.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ontario
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ontario Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Ontario Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport
Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall
Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airp...
#8 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Rodeway Inn Ontario Mills Mall? Share your experiences!