“Somewhat Rickety and Uncomfortable”

Rodeway Inn Ontario Mills Mall
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This 2-storey motel is basically a trucker's haven sitting, as it does, just aside a huge Travel America truck depot. You'll find trucks continuously coming in and out of the shared drive 24/7. There's also some noise from the nearby freeway traffic as well as flights coming and going from adjoining Ontario International Airport. Light sleepers should choose elsewhere. Special truckers' rates are offered but I think other travel membership groups can arrange similar deals. There're restaurants at the truck stop complex as well as near the freeway ramps. Maintenance at this motel is also questionable. When I checked in there was a bulb missing in one of the lamps and plugs were pulled for several of the others. On the bath sink, an old used bar of soap still remained from the previous guest's use, and the display of bath towels was kind of sparse. If you need to bathe, you'll probably have to request more. But my room did have a fridge and microwave and a tiny starter breakfast was offered in a common area. There's a pool in the parking area but I didn't note anybody using it. In my opinion, this is a best in class motel for courageous travelers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Zoom_Gotti

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The good: hotel had pool and hot tub outside. Clean room. Food nearby. Near the freeway.

The Bad: lots of loud trucks at all hours. Train comes thru frequently. Not a good TV channel selection. Vending is high.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

'll start by saying the gal at the front desk who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. Customer service was not the issue. I wasn't expecting the Hilton, but our room was pretty bad. We were so exhausted when we got in, we noticed a slight smell, wrote it off as the motel being "animal friendly" and immediately went to bed. When we awoke, the smell of animal urine was unbearable, especially by the sink in the vanity area! It almost made your eyes burn. Had we of noticed the night before, we would have asked to change rooms. The TV was very old school, had poor reception, and only a handful of channels. The breakfast consisted of white toast & grape jelly, pre-packaged danishes, and Orange & Apple Juice flavored beverage with some real juice along with high fructose corn syrup, and a paragraph of other ingredients. The highlight was definitely the apples. It was free, so can't complain too much, but I would really recommend eating breakfast elsewhere. Bedding was a little scant, too. There was only the 2 pillows, one sheet, and a very thin over blanket. I know the price was cheap, but the cleanliness and overall room were seriously lacking. I would not stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The staff at frontdesk do a great job - very nice. The room was clean, an big enough.
We checked in with a coupon and we got the coupon price without any problems.
Not so good - trains very close, but for us it was no problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I wish TripAdvisor had a category rating below "terrible", because I'd use it on this review! I stayed here for work purposes in late August, but I did not have a choice in the matter. My employer paid for it, and booked it for me, so I went. I was pre-warned by fellow co-workers of the bug problem this motel has, so I arrived in fear. When I checked in, I asked for an upstairs room because the bugs may not get into my room as easy as the downstairs. I was told the bugs come crawling out at night from underneath the bushes, and under the doors of the downstairs units. When I asked the front desk about this, she didn't deny it, and in fact said the bug problem got worse during the nearby railroad construction. I went up to my room, after I checked in, and the room was "ok" looking. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and well worn! The carpeted floor was the worst! It was so dirty, that it ruined my socks. I had to wear shoes in my room the entire time to avoid ruining a second pair. The carpet is so dirty and nasty, that I almost think the sidewalks are cleaner. The internet is the only good part about this place, and it worked pretty well. The food options nearby are slim, unless you want to walk to the truckstop next door. Avoid this place. It's an abomination! No!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Yes - trains / planes in the front and truck stop in rear. I stay in the rear, less noise and hum of trucks is barely noticeable if at all. I work hard all day and sleep hard so it didn't bother me.

Room was clean and comfortable; the king size bed nicely made. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and coffe maker; as well as several cable channels including two HBO channel.s and Cinemax. We had a room facing the truck stop, but there was no more noise outside than there is at any other hotel; there was one train that came through late in the night. The city is in the midst of building a sound proof barrier to lessen the noise made by the trains.

Room Tip: Trains & planes in the front and truck stop in rear. I stay in the rear, less noise and hum of t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My husband is a truck driver and we stay in a LOT of hotels with our dog. We read the previous reviews and were skeptical. We decided to give them a try anyway, and form our own opion. This is an economy hotel, and they are doing a great job. The front desk personnel were friendly, as were the housekeeping staff we encountered. Our room was clean and comfortable; the king size bed nicely made. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and coffe maker; as well as several cable channels including two HBO channel.s and Cinemax. We had a room facing the truck stop, but there was no more noise outside than there is at any other hotel; there was one train that came through late in the night. The city is in the midst of builing a sound proof barrier to lessen the noise made by the trains. The only complaint I have about the room at all is that the mattress was a little too firm for my liking. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business