“Parking while traveling”

Fairfield Inn Ontario
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
“Parking while traveling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel because they have a 'Park Here' rate that allows to leave your car parked @ hotel while on travel. Much cheaper than using airport long term. They use a local taxi for transportation from hotel to ONT & from ONT back to hotel upon your rtn. Hotel pays for taxi both ways. Never had complaint with rooms. Great value!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lakewood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I'm a frequent Priceline user so the hotel I get is not revealed until the bid is accepted. Based on the Trip Advisor rating that the Fairfield was ranked in the lower half of hotels in the area, I was concerned when I won this one. After experiencing the hotel, I can happily say this is one of my favorites in the area.

Check-in: friendly, fresh baked cookies, coffee and water in lobby, very clean.

The room: nicely decorated, spotless, very comfortable bed, pillow to die for, large modern flat screen, micro wave, refrigerator, free wireless internet, convenience outlets everywhere, nice lighting, quiet heating/cooling unit, ironing board, soft fluffy towels, decent bath products, very quiet for the most part. There were some very rude people loudly talking in the hall in the early morning hours which were easily heard......otherwise very quiet.

Free breakfast: wonderful, very inviting seating area, one of the best selections for a freebie that I've ever experienced, very clean preparation area. BTW, when you see the attendant working hard to keep the cattle fed and the area clean, please show your appreciation with a tip.

Parking: abundant and free

I couldn't have been happier with my stay!

Room Tip: The hotel borders the freeway. If the din of the cars bothers you, request a room on the back side...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wsj3200
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed overnight due to an early departure from ONT. Chose Fairfield because I was sure of Marriott quality while not wanting any more than a quiet room...wouldn't even have a chance to eat the free breakfast. Anyway, after giving front-desk clerk a few problems since first room had a/c problems, I was given a good room on the 3rd floor. I must give an A+++ rating to Elizabeth (front desk clerk) as she worked hard to find me a room where I'd feel safe and secure. She never questioned my request, just found me a room matching my requirements. Also, Carlos, the handyman was a great help. He said the a/c problem couldn't be fixed immediately so went to front desk to get me the keys to my new room! He even helped me move my luggage.

As a solo female traveler, I insisted on a room where I would feel safest...has to be 3rd floor at this location as can only be accessed by an interior hallway. Other floors have outside room entrances. You have to use your room key-card to access elevator; which made me feel even safer.

The hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle...instead calls a local cab. They pay the cab both from-and-to ONT. I set up for cab pick-up when I registered, and know it'll be waiting for me at 5 am.

There are a few places to get lunch and dinner nearby if you are without a car like I am. I plan on walking the half-block to the TGI-Fridays for a light dinner.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor for indoor access to rooms by interior hallway. Request a room as far from I-10 as...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Virginia D
las vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Easy to get to, right off the 10 freeway. We had a room facing the freeway and were concerned about noise, but once the door is closed you don't hear much (it's pretty loud out in the parking lot). The A/C unit is a bit loud however. I bid on priceline and got the room for a great price. Pool area is a bit small, but quite nice, and the pool was heated. Free wifi in the room worked well. Also free cookies at check in :) The bed/pillows are very nice and everything in the room worked well. Our room had a microwave and fridge. Nice cable TV.

There is a TGI Friday restaurant walking distance, and Panda Inn right next door. We ordered a Pizza from Joey's Pizza one night (recommended by front desk) and it was really good, and fast delivery.

The free breakfast buffet was very nice. Lots to choose from, and nice seating area. Although on Sunday morning there was about 40 people all trying to get breakfast at the same time, so it was difficult to get anything.

Overall, great stay.

Room Tip: You need a room key to access the 3rd floor, so I assume the rooms are nicer up there? Or away from...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here for one night before a flight. When I arrived at the airport I called for the shuttle and they said to seek a certain taxi company and they would transport me to the hotel and the hotel would pay them. I was a bit taken back, but it worked well. The hotel is close to the airport.

The staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. A nice warm welcome. The rooms were very nice and very clean. There are some places to eat within walking distance. No complaints about this property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TonyBur
London, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked this hotel because it was close to the rental car agency and airport for my early morning flight out of Ontario. I arrived in the afternoon and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel and property is very clean and well-kept. The rooms on the third floor are interior corridor rooms, while the rooms on the first and second floors are outside corridor rooms. I requested an inside corridor. The room (335) itself was very comfortable and clean. The only drawback was the bed - the right side of the mattress was sunk in and was like laying in a hole, as if everyone who had ever slept in the bed slept on that side and just wore it down. Luckily, it was king-sized bed so I slept on the left side. Not a big enough deal to warrant a room change since I was the only person in it. However, I did mention this when I checked out, so management is aware and should rectify the problem. Noise wasn't really a problem. I did faintly hear planes taking off/landing, but it is near the airport and is not loud enough to keep you awake. Also, I was on the top floor, so perhaps the lower floors don't hear the planes as much. I heard nothing from the freeway. The breakfast the next morning looked good, but the eggs were kind of rubbery. But there are other alternatives such as waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit and pastries. Truthfully, I wasn't really in the mood for breakfast so early. I would probably stay there again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: There are three floors, with the bottom 2 floors being outside corridor rooms and the top floor insi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tammy W
Mesa, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Easy to find hotel off I-10. We had a back room away from freeway and noise wasn't a problem! Great value with breakfast! Nice stopover! Well worth the price! Rooms were clean, staff helpful & courteous! I would recommend it to value travelers!

• Stayed July 2013