“Very pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
New York
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at four different Marriott properties (two Fairfields and two SpringHills) on my recent California vacation. To be absolutely honest, I expected this to be my least favorite of the four. I haven't patronized one of the old school Fairfield Inns (three floors, with two of them being exterior corridor) in over ten years. However, I was quite happy with Fairfield Inn Ontario, and it turned out to be my favorite stay of the trip. The staff was extremely competent and friendly, and the room was very comfortable--with a soft bed, nice TV, good furnishings, microwave, and fridge. The common areas and breakfast were also top notch. However, what impressed me the most was how my Marriott Guest Rewards elite status was acknowledged and appreciated. The little touches like preparing the room with the towel animal, welcome greeting, and free beverage really stood out to me. I rarely get this treatment at full service Marriotts, much less Fairfields. This is truly a gem of a property. I'll be staying again during my next visit to the Inland Empire in August.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Desiree M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments! We are so pleased we were able to impress you with our extra touches. We truly believe it’s the little things that count the most. Thank you for recognizing our hardworking and dedicated team. We truly appreciate the feedback. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This isn't the best Fairfield Inn I've ever seen--it is looking a bit worn, and it was weird that the doors on the first two floors were external. Be sure to ask for a room on the third floor if an interior corridor is important to you. The staff is very, very nice. Internet service was intermittent, which was very annoying when I was trying to get work done.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor if you want a room with entry from an interior corridor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and your positive comments about our staff. Please accept my sincere apology for any issues you had with the internet. We just upgraded our internet service yesterday and expect much faster service with no interruptions. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Desiree M.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Spent three nights at the Fairfield Inn in Ontario California recently and found this hotel to meet all expectations for this Marriott brand. The front desk staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms are on the small side, but all the furnishings and linens were clean and in good shape. The bed was very comfortable and promoted a good night’s sleep. The maid service was complete with nice attention to the details. This facility was quiet, despite being fully occupied during my stay. This inn is very close to the Ontario International Airport, and Interstate 10, but there was no noticeable noise from these transportation corridors. The morning breakfast also met expectations with ample supplies of hot breakfast proteins such as turkey sausage patties and scrambled eggs. There was a nice variety of breads & pastries, and a waffle maker. Cost wise this facility provided good value, when compared to similar area accommodations. All together I had a very enjoyable stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Ontario.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear TeakWood Deck,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! It was our pleasure to serve you. I was happy to hear you enjoyed some of our new breakfast items like the scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. Please be assured I have told my Housekeeping and Front Desk staff of your wonderful comments about them.

Toronto
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here before, great welcome at front desk. Nice welcome gifts for members.Close to airport (minimal noise when doors are closed) close to I-10 and Ontario Mills Mall. Excellent Free Breakfast, healthy and good choices. Pocket doors in bathrom took some getting used to but a definite space-saver.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the back (away from the highway) for quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It made our day to hear your response as our staff greatly appreciate when our guests give us positive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, during your next trip to Ontario!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Hotel staff is friendly and received our group with a smile. He mentioned to me my privileges as a Marriott member which I was not aware of. The room was comfortable with clean bedding. The only complain I have is the bathroom door that does not close properly and cannot be locked for privacy. Breakfast is quite normal for a chain hotel: rather tough scrambled egg, sausage.
Overall, our stay was uneventful and quite comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
San Ramon, California, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Great price for the room. Staff was very friendly and the room was the normal Fairfield Inn room. However the desk was small (sightly larger than a card table). Only floor has inside doors, floors 1 & 2 have outside entry doors. There is a restaurant you can walk to (Panda House) but little else within walking distance. Nice mall with shops and restaurants is across the freeway about a 10 minute trip by car.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a lovely airport hotel, highly recommended but just be careful with late arrivals and departures. Not sure if it's seasonal or not but instead of a shuttle driver you are instructed to take a taxi from/to the airport. Some taxi drivers are happy to accommodate; some are surly.

The elevator is outside the building & lobby area so keep your key in hand when checking in.

Upon departure, if you do not want to share a cab / wait for them to fill the cab be very clear with the front desk. If you are not assertive, you will be waiting for other checkouts to get going.

Overall, would stay here again. Room nice and clean and tidy, coffee in the a.m., good water pressure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business