“Average Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Los Angeles, California
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for two days for an assembly I was attending in the area, we chose it because of the low price. Very pleasantly surprised about this place. It was clean, bed was comfortable enough, and decent complimentary breakfast (I have seen a lot worse). For the price, I cant complain at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn while in the area for the opening round of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross at Glen Helen Park. The hotel is average but conveniently located to the interstate system. About an hour from LAX and 15 minutes from Glen Helen. Unfortunately, the proximity to the interstate also makes for a noisy night while trying to rest.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy our hotel was close to Glen Helen for you. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by the freeway noise. I hope you will give us a second chance to impress you in the near future where I will make sure you receive a room away from the freeway.

Desiree M.
us
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel and the second was just as good as the first. About 15 minutes from the Claremont Colleges, and significantly less expensive than staying in Claremont. Very clean, working iron and hairdryer.

Green Features: Even though we checked out on time, they stored 10 suitcases and other bags without hesitation, at no cost, and let us hang by the pool for hours.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Welcome Back! We were so happy to serve you again and that your stay was as good as the first. It was our pleasure to hold your bags for you so that you could enjoy the amazing weather in southern California by the pool. I will pass along all your positive comments to my staff!

Thank you!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very convenient. Clean, friendly staff. Easy to get to with ample parking. Identified me as a rewards member when I checked in. I didn't like that the hotel rooms were exterior. I like to stay in hotels that have interior corridors. The room was a bit musty but it could be because the air wasn't on when I checked in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and for being a valued Marriott rewards member! We were so happy to hear you had a nice stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the air conditioner not being on when you arrived, please be assured we will correct this. We hope you will stay with us again and I will make sure you receive a room on the 3rd floor, which does have interior entrances.
New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at four different Marriott properties (two Fairfields and two SpringHills) on my recent California vacation. To be absolutely honest, I expected this to be my least favorite of the four. I haven't patronized one of the old school Fairfield Inns (three floors, with two of them being exterior corridor) in over ten years. However, I was quite happy with Fairfield Inn Ontario, and it turned out to be my favorite stay of the trip. The staff was extremely competent and friendly, and the room was very comfortable--with a soft bed, nice TV, good furnishings, microwave, and fridge. The common areas and breakfast were also top notch. However, what impressed me the most was how my Marriott Guest Rewards elite status was acknowledged and appreciated. The little touches like preparing the room with the towel animal, welcome greeting, and free beverage really stood out to me. I rarely get this treatment at full service Marriotts, much less Fairfields. This is truly a gem of a property. I'll be staying again during my next visit to the Inland Empire in August.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Desiree M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments! We are so pleased we were able to impress you with our extra touches. We truly believe it’s the little things that count the most. Thank you for recognizing our hardworking and dedicated team. We truly appreciate the feedback. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
Monticello, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This isn't the best Fairfield Inn I've ever seen--it is looking a bit worn, and it was weird that the doors on the first two floors were external. Be sure to ask for a room on the third floor if an interior corridor is important to you. The staff is very, very nice. Internet service was intermittent, which was very annoying when I was trying to get work done.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor if you want a room with entry from an interior corridor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and your positive comments about our staff. Please accept my sincere apology for any issues you had with the internet. We just upgraded our internet service yesterday and expect much faster service with no interruptions. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Desiree M.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Spent three nights at the Fairfield Inn in Ontario California recently and found this hotel to meet all expectations for this Marriott brand. The front desk staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms are on the small side, but all the furnishings and linens were clean and in good shape. The bed was very comfortable and promoted a good night’s sleep. The maid service was complete with nice attention to the details. This facility was quiet, despite being fully occupied during my stay. This inn is very close to the Ontario International Airport, and Interstate 10, but there was no noticeable noise from these transportation corridors. The morning breakfast also met expectations with ample supplies of hot breakfast proteins such as turkey sausage patties and scrambled eggs. There was a nice variety of breads & pastries, and a waffle maker. Cost wise this facility provided good value, when compared to similar area accommodations. All together I had a very enjoyable stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Ontario.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear TeakWood Deck,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! It was our pleasure to serve you. I was happy to hear you enjoyed some of our new breakfast items like the scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. Please be assured I have told my Housekeeping and Front Desk staff of your wonderful comments about them.