“The Best Hotel Experience Ever!”

Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 25 October 2007

Wow! What a wonderful hotel! I had just recently stayed at the newly renovated Hyatt Place hotel and I must say that it was the most pleasent hotel I have ever stayed at. Now, I have stayed at AmeriSuites and I admit it desperately needed remodeling. I travel a lot and have stayed at other popular hotels and nothing compares to the stay I had here! First of all, when I walked in the door I was warmly greeted by a member of the hotel staff. They preceded to check me in and get me off to my room in a matter of 3 mins! While walking me the elevator I was given a quick overview of all the things that they had to offer such as breakfast, the gym, the cafe and much more! Once I got to my room I was blown away by the cleanliness, comfort and spaciousness of the room. Not to Mention the huge flat screen tv and super comfy bed! I have never gotten a better nights rest! In the morning they had a wonderful breakfast included with my reservation. With a great hotel and great customer service I have nothing to complain about! The entire staff was warm and welcoming and really made me feel at home! I will definetly return!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank brwneyedblnde

Reviewed 15 March 2007

I stayed at the AmeriSuites for 4 days in February 2007. The morning full breakfast was tasty and the entire staff were extremely courteous and caring. When the manager saw my son struggling to get to the second floor with a cup of coffee, he immediately moved us down to a first floor room. This made a big difference. I would definitely recommend the AmeriSuites and I plan on staying there on future visits to the area. The beds were little dated, but management informed they are soon converting into a Hyatt Place, and we can't wait to come back & enjoy more hospitality from this awesome staff.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaan-72
Reviewed 1 March 2007

The location is nice, right next to Ontario Mills shopping mall. The hotel management was arrogant. Watch out for the bait and switch techniques if you contact them directly. They will tell you a low rate over the phone and then charge you double when you check out. Read the fine print and don't trust what they say! They won't help you when you catch their surprise.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank LoveTravel23
A TripAdvisor Member
New york, NY
Reviewed 16 July 2006

Long story short. The positives: the hotel is lovely from the outside, with a nice lobby, free newspaper, and an above-average free breakfast spread. Located near a nice, big mall. Towels, etc. were abundant and replenished often. VCR in-room.

The negatives: My room was crawling with ants. All over the kitchen counter, nightstands, bathroom, and even the beds. The beds, by the way were rock hard. The non-smoking room smelt as though a cigar convention had just passed through. I've smoked in the past myself, but it was strong enough that even I couldn't take it.
When I asked about a room change, the hotel clerk was discourteous and rude. He sent a maintenance man to the room to verify it smelled like smoke. After a few minutes, the man returned and verified I wasn't a liar. Though I appreciated the assumption, as you can imagine.
Upon check-out, I was given my receipt. It showed I had been charged $40 more per night than the original agreement showed. I was also charged for a movie I never ordered or watched. I was also charged a security-box fee when I expressly indicated upon check-in that I would not be using it. The clerk originally argued with me about reversing the charges. (Even after I showed him documentation proving my point). A half-hour later or so, the charges were finally taken off.

This hotel is well-below average for the price, and the few postives can be found at virtually any other hotel. I'm returning to the area soon, and will be choosing a different hotel. I strongly suggest you do the same. Unless, of course, you really like ants.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 March 2006

Located right next to the intersection of two freeways, you would expect this place to be very noisy. My room, on the top floor and facing away from the freeways, was really nice and quiet. The suites are pretty small as suites go, but are somewhat larger than standard hotel rooms. The bed as fine, the people at the front desk were pleasant, and the breakfast was really good. I got a good price and the convenience of being so close to the airport and the major shopping plaza was nice.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank Atkinson
Reviewed 21 December 2005

When i first walked into the room, I was amazed on how big the room was. It had its own living room area, kitchen area, bedroom area, hence the "suite" name. The bed was kinda hard, but after a few drink at dave and busters across the way, it wasn't so bad. Bathroom was average. I didn't even use the kitchen area. Breakfast was a + at this place, I didnt expect this place to have good waffles. You make it yourself too so you can pack on the whip cream and other extra's you like. I would stay here again only if I got the same rate again, under $100/night.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank TravelJunkie22
Reviewed 5 May 2005

I stayed at the Amerisuites Ontario 5/05 and was very disappointed in the bed. It was worse than a rock, rocks don't have springs that poke you all night. The internet was also down and that was half the reason I picked this particular hotel. The breakfast looked great( I didn’t have a chance to try it) with a waffle bar and all. There was coffee in the lounge when I checked in late in the evening so that was a plus but the sleepless night just ruined it for me.

Stayed: May 2005