“Location & Friendly Staff”

Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The staff was very friendly & helpful.
Our room was modern, fresh, & clean.
House keeping did a nice job as well.
Great location, conveniently located in a shopping district, with a variety of restaurants nearby.
The breakfast option was pretty good for our needs.
Having a small cafe located in the lobby added to the quality of service they've provided. The array of baked goods added a touch of home style comfort. The brownies were most enjoyable!
Wifi was avaible however it seemed slow at times.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

In the area from Alaska for NCAA West Region Volleyball Championships in which our daughter was playing. We decided to stay at the same hotel as the team and did not regret it. The most informal front desk I have ever seen and some of the friendliest most helpful front desk staff too. The room was spacious and clean, the breakfast buffet was plentiful with fresh fruit and even plain unsweetened Greek yoghurt one morning (Greek yoghurt every morning would have been nice). Plenty of the usual carbs too, including big fat slices of wholewheat bread for toast, along with a hot item that varied each day. The huge Ontario Mills Mall is across the road and through a large carpark. The Rain Forest Cafe, at the end of the Mall, was only a few minutes walk away. Thanks for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were volunteering in southern CA for the Christmas season. We rented 5 rooms, and had a most wonderful stay! The hotel itself was exactly as was shown online--VERY nice! Great food, shuttle service, located a short walk from a huge mall, but what impressed us most was the friendly, helpful, caring staff! We felt welcome, coming and going at all hours, and they were genuinely interested each day in how we were doing! We felt like we knew them by the time we left! We surely hope to stay at Hyatt Place again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I seek out Hyatt Place as they do a great job or providing travelers all the right amenities for short travel. They are not extended stays and you can't cook anything. but a comfortable couch, large TV, mini fridge, Hyatt Grand bed. great pillows. a nice breakfast, pantry, limited items for lunch or dinner plus coin laundry to pack a little lighter.

My first room, 225 was okay but the bed was clearly past it prime and needs replaced. The carpeting and couch are also showing signs of wear and the shower had some grout lines with black mold. The room needs a deep clean and a new bed.
I asked to be moved and they moved me to room 104. It was perfect. great bed I enjoy at Hyatt Places, clean and comfortable. The breakfast, pantry and laundry also lived up previous experiences enjoyed at Hyatt Place.

The desk clerk stated they are replacing beds so perhaps the first room is close to a deep clean and update. The Mills Mall across the parking lot and there are several options for food, movies, and shopping near by.

Would return again, good value and great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for updated bed
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here for a business trip two nights. The hotel is across from the shopping mall. The hotel and the staff are actually outstanding. Very friendly, responsive and attentive. The hotel has nice rooms and the food service is very good and valuable. The only thing that was very disturbing was the smell. Along the hallway and in the room. I don't know if the cleaning supplies are this bad or if there was a moldy water leak somewhere in the walls but it was very disgusting. Breakfast was included and excellent. Noise level was moderate and bed comfort good. I would stay here again and hope that the smell is gone... We stayed in room 402

2  Thank Simopel
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I can't say enough about the great customer service we received during our recent stay. Each and every one of the employees went out of their way to ensure that we were greeted and made comfortable. I wish I could remember all of their names, although here's a "shout out" to Eric (the manager on duty) and Alyssa -- they were simply outstanding! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My room was quite nice. It was large with a big flat screen TV that could be viewed from the bedroom and the living room. The free internet worked great and when I discovered that I had forgot my phone charger, the hotel let me borrow one for my 4 night stay. The continental breakfast was good and I enjoyed the selection of hot teas. I really liked the location of this hotel - in the Ontario Mills Mall parking lot which was very convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

My only concern which was quickly corrected was that my first room on the 6th floor smelled like cigarette smoke but the 4th floor room was great.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 6th floor as that was a smoking floor five years ago and it still had smoking...
1  Thank Maria F