“Nice experience”

Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Ridgecrest, California
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2007

My husband and I stayed one Friday night here. We arrived around noon and they gave us a room that had just been cleaned, even 3 hours before check-in. The front desk gal was simply fantastic and she was still in training!

The cookies in the lobby were really yummy!! The free lobby computer use including internet access were a lifesaver, as our laptop had fried at the convention we had been attending earlier in the week. Otherwise, we would have taken advantage of the free wireless access in the rooms. Really something no hotel can afford not to offer anymore.

The pool is unheated but comfy, and the hot tub was a nice place to relax. There were used towels in the pool area but no clean ones. I'm sure if we had asked....but it was hot enough that we just sat in the sun for a few minutes and dried off.

The breakfast was wonderful! Biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, waffle batter and an iron, an assortment of cereals, donuts, bagels, french toast and even a milk dispensing machine....really was way more then I expected. Very pleased with this!

Best showers of any hotel I've ever had! My husband is 6'3 and taking showers normally gives him a backache from bending to reach the water. But here the nozzle was up high, the water pressure was amazing and the soap was yummy smelling and not sticky on my skin! I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner though, so I can't comment on the other toiletries.

A microwave in the room with free microwave popcorn, and a mini-fridge were much appreciated for our snacks and soda!

The hotel website says it's walking distance to the Ontario Convention Center, but it's a long walk from what I could tell. We asked if the free airport shuttle could take us to our convention and they were apologetic, but firm. Only airport transportation.

Either way, it was a great stay with yummy snacks and fantastic service. The room and bed were small, clean and comfy. We didn't notice anything particularly worn or horrible about it. We were looking for something good near the convention center, and we got it!

I'd stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone who's not looking for a 5 star hotel.

• Liked — Close to convention center and mall, great breakfast!
  • Disliked — No towels in pool, no convention center transportation
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
thebestbirthdayever
Reviewed 14 July 2007

Pictures are very misleading!!!
We paid $102.00 a night for the "king suite" and it was horrible!
We tried to find somewhere else to stay in the area but everywhere was sold out for the days we needed.
The a/c unit didnt work and it just happened to be almost 95 everyday! The pull out couch felt like quick sand when you sat on it and the room was small and uncomfortable. The furniture was very old and worn. I would have much rather stayed somewhere else! I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The price was outrageous for the quality of room
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank thebestbirthdayever
Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2007

Booked this hotel because it was close to Ontario airport and I had a morning appointment in nearby Fontana the next day. The room was in pretty good condition and clean. There was free high-speed internet access(not Wifi). The continental breakfast the next day was decent. My only complaint about the actual room is that the shower curtain smelled moldy.

However, I think the location of the hotel was a bit too close to Ontario airport. At 4am I was awakened by commercial jets firing up their engines. Then I heard trains coming through as well. Things is, I had to book the room on short notice and coming from Florida, I am not that familiar with Inland Empire.

So, all in all not a bad hotel but the location near the airport may not be ideal for the light sleeper.

• Liked — Good value for the area
  • Disliked — Too close to the airport so u are going to hear the planes
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank wrek92
Washington, DC
Reviewed 13 February 2007

When they say "country" that is exactly what this place is...right out of somewhere rural! This hotel is very basic. Each room is a suite complete with kitchenette and livingroom. The furniture and appliances are circa 1979 and crusty. The bed covers are well worn and gave me the willies. They don't change bed linen everyday, which is fine, but they could at least dump the garbage and refill the tissues, lotions, etc.! As an afterthought, they created a hole in the wall between the livingroom and bedroom to facilitate air circulation throughout the suite..I didn't figure this out until after I left! It was just fan in the wall which I didn't need to use in January.

The rooms are accessible from the outside, which is creepy late at night (although they have lighting). There's a "fitness room" that includes a treadmill bike, weight machine and scale. It gets hot quickly. Skip the the "breakfast" included in your hotel price unless you're starving. It's very unappealing fast food crap like stale donughts and pasteries. But they do have a waffle iron. Although the staff was generally helpful, they appeared clueless on things most other hotels find standard business practices and some of the staff looked like they hadn't emerged from 1985 in dress and appearance. Overall, I would only stay there again if I was desperate!

• Liked — Location near airport
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 August 2006

I have stayed at many Country Inns and booked this place without checking tripadvisor due to the name alone. The day before I left for my trip I decided to look it up. Based upon previous reviews I almost panicked. Upon my arrival I was very pleasantly surprised. I have stayed at the Best Western down the street a few times and this place has it beat. Much quieter, no freeway, and the internet works with my VPN which the Best Western seems to have a problem with. It is indeed a remodel of an older hotel. For me older does not mean bad however and the place is neat, clean and up to date. I received a suite with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom with king bed. The bedroom was full of bed but big deal.
This place is clean, fairly inexpensive and the staff was friendly. The breakfast is standard Country Inn fare, nothing special, but not bad either. I travel every week and have paid much more for a lot less. This place isnt the four seasons but lets face it, this is Ontario not Manhattan. I will be back.

• Liked — Room Size
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — get a first floor room
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank PHXTrainer
Reviewed 19 June 2006

It was nothing fancy but we had a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. The grounds were nice and the staff was very helpful. They allowed us to check out late due to a late night arrival and we needed time to repack. The breakfast was the usual but was ample and enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2006
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 4 June 2006

As I long time travel agent (27 years) I am rather picky about hotels but have always felt like you could get a nice value with Country Inn and Suites. This is the EXCEPTION to the rule.

This hotel was not built by Country Inn and Suites, but is a "remodel" of an older hotel turned into a Country Inn and Suites. As you will note, in earlier reviews it has much higher ratings. I think this hotel has not been kept up in the past year or so and I wouldn't be suprised to see it loose it's affiliation with Country Inn and Suites.

The long and short of it is, the rooms are old and oddly arranged. We were offered two rooms, both had mildew and muck in the bathrooms. Each was small and beds pretty much filled the rooms. Service was un-informed and lacked knowledge. There is one elevator to a three/four (not sure) story building, but it is no where near where your room is, so you have to drag luggage up two or three stairways. I quite agree with the previous review--- pay a little more or a little less, but don't stay here if you think you are getting a Country Inn and Suites. It's basically a 1 star MOTEL, nothing more.

• Stayed May 2006