I recently returned from my second stay here - this time was for Harvey Mudd College Parent's Weekend. The first time was when I moved my daughter in to college in August.
The location is about a 10-minute drive to campus and right across the street from the Ontario Airport - it's particularly convenient for late-night arrivals and early morning departures. While there aren't a lot of restaurant choices in the immediate vicinity, there is a small one in the hotel and there are lots within a relatively short drive. We particularly enjoyed Claremont Village.
I found the front-desk staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. In both cases they made me feel welcome and also ensured that I received the best possible rate. The room was clean and comfortable - I had king rooms both times and there was a separated living area with a mini-fridge and bar sink. I never noticed airport noise on either visit, and although I did hear a train a couple of times on the most recent visit, it did not prevent me from sleeping.
The breakfast is cooked-to-order on weekdays; on weekends it is buffet-style and a step above similar style free hotel breakfasts. When we checked out I accidentally left a camera battery w/charger plugged into an outlet. When I called later in the day, the front desk immediately checked with housekeeping and they had found it. When I arrived to check in again the next day (we had gone to Palm Springs for a night) they had it - and a small bag of complimentary popcorn - waiting for me at the front desk!
I will definitely choose this hotel on future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, formerly the Ayres Hotel & Suites, is a delightful combination of warm hospitality and modern convenience in a premier Southern California location. Whether you're here for a short business visit or a long, relaxing retreat, you'll find all of the luxurious guest rooms at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well-lit work desks and Wifi, iHomes, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. And every morning you will start your day right with our complimentary full American breakfast. Many of our 167 guest rooms also open to the beautiful courtyard, which offers a calming respite to the weary traveler. Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport is right where you need to be in Ontario, California. Engage in some retail therapy at the Inland Empire's primary tourist attraction, the renowned Ontario Mills Mall. Conveniently located within walking distance, the Ontario Convention Center plays host to many expos and events that are of high popularity among guests. After the events stay in and relax at the fabulous Courtyard Grille, located right in the hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport / Ontario
- Ayres Hotel And Suites Ontario Airport / Convention Center
- Ayres Hotel Ontario Airport