“What a great value (not to mention a great stay)!”

Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I recently returned from my second stay here - this time was for Harvey Mudd College Parent's Weekend. The first time was when I moved my daughter in to college in August.

The location is about a 10-minute drive to campus and right across the street from the Ontario Airport - it's particularly convenient for late-night arrivals and early morning departures. While there aren't a lot of restaurant choices in the immediate vicinity, there is a small one in the hotel and there are lots within a relatively short drive. We particularly enjoyed Claremont Village.

I found the front-desk staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. In both cases they made me feel welcome and also ensured that I received the best possible rate. The room was clean and comfortable - I had king rooms both times and there was a separated living area with a mini-fridge and bar sink. I never noticed airport noise on either visit, and although I did hear a train a couple of times on the most recent visit, it did not prevent me from sleeping.

The breakfast is cooked-to-order on weekdays; on weekends it is buffet-style and a step above similar style free hotel breakfasts. When we checked out I accidentally left a camera battery w/charger plugged into an outlet. When I called later in the day, the front desk immediately checked with housekeeping and they had found it. When I arrived to check in again the next day (we had gone to Palm Springs for a night) they had it - and a small bag of complimentary popcorn - waiting for me at the front desk!

I will definitely choose this hotel on future visits.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Always a high quality standard! Great room, nice accommodations. Close to multiple landmarks, great places to eat. Even though it's close to the airport you don't hear the planes at all. My wife and Iove this chain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Easy walk to Convention Center (adjacent) and nice to be able to avoid paying convention parking. Rooms are spacious with a semi-wall separating beds which makes it great when sharing a room with co-workers while at a trade show. Clean and updated, breakfast was included and good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Stephanie W.,

Our team was so happy to welcome you and your co-workers to our hotel. We are glad that you found the location so convenient to the convention center, and we are also pleased that you enjoyed our European-inspired guestrooms. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you visit again soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nicely appointed, European Style hotel. Friendly staff. Hearty, free breakfast & a managers hospitality hour (5-7 PM, M-Th) were a plus.

I work while I travel so having an adjustable height chair at my desk it very important. While each room has a chair with that feature, they unfortunately are height challenged. I am not a midget but even at 5' 10" tall I still found it necessary to resort to sitting on phone books & pillows to achieve the proper height necessary so my arms were level with the desk height. I pointed this out to the front desk and they told me management had previously cut the desk leg lengths because they were too tall. Well, they are still too tall. They need to either update the chairs such that they can go higher or they need to cut a few more inches off of the desk legs.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were in the area for the drag races in Pomona and were looking for a comfortable hotel at a reasonable price and we hit the jackpot! The room was very nicely appointed, the bed was comfortable (very important after a long day at the race track) Our only complaint was the breakfast....yes they offer a free full breakfast (and Starbucks coffee) but the hot items left something to be desired. I hope they make some changes in that area...otherwise this hotel was darn near prefect for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2014
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Pix1059,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Our team is so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize if the breakfast did not fulfill all of your expectations and I will talk to our breakfast team to fix the issue. I hope that you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stay at the Ayres Ontario occasionally for work and I always get 5 star service. From the shuttle drivers to the front desk staff, they are genuine people who always help. The rooms are spacious. VERY clean and quiet. While the furnishings are a little dated, I love to stay here. The gym is small but well appointed with newer equipment. 1 bike, 2 elliptic and 3 treadmills. Plus a nice universal machine and a set of dumb bells. The pool and spa look clean but a bit cold outside right now.
The breakfast is very good and even have a nice continental out at 4am if you have an early flight. Overall, outstanding stay.
Special shout out to COURTNEY at the front desk who was very helpful in accommodating me with a special room request.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear AHDUDE,

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation! We are always happy to receive reviews from returning guests, and we are so glad that our team and hotel keep making such a positive impression. Our team was so ecstatic to hear that you found our fitness center to be perfect for your workout needs, and I will definitely pass along your compliments to Courtney as she is a fantastic part of our team. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Nice hotel. Great service. Reasonably priced restaurant available. Very convenient to Ontario Airport. Shuttle service to and from airport worked well. They honored the US government rate, which was a great value for the room I stayed in.

Dear Andrew T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. Our team always enjoys hearing that a guest enjoyed his/her stay and that the location was convenient his/her needs. We are also happy to hear that you loved our European-inspired guestrooms. We are grateful for your review and hope you will visit again soon.