“Comfortable, Flexible, and Convenient to Chapman U.”
Review of The French Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orange
The French Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Orange B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed here for just one night while visiting Chapman U. for business. The owner was extremely welcoming, and provided everything I needed without being overly present, as can sometimes be the case with B and B's. I had a great night's sleep, and there were extra travel-sized products in the bathroom, which was really helpful. I had breakfast on the run the next morning, which was perfect, and then was able to return midday to do some more work online before my departure. Parking is easy, and it's no more than a 3 minute drive to the university. Highly recommended, and seemed like a far better option than some of the chain hotels I had looked at that seemed to cater to Disneylanders.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lamericanina
Reviewed 20 August 2012

It was a very nice stay, the house is nice and full of soul. Although some of the furniture are a little bit run down and the hostess has her days, but these are some details, it was nice ! Nice garden too and location really nice close to the heart of the old town of Orange.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Giov63
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We both agree we could not have had a more perfect wedding and B&B experience than at the French Inn. We always wanted to return and in May we did. We didn't expect help with our light luggage but we got it, and every other courtesy. Part of our total enjoyment was visiting again with Sarah and having the great realization that not only is her Inn restful, beautiful, and quiet, but she is the epitome of loveliness and efficiency. (This we witnessed even during a few stressful challenges at the wedding). Our breakfast was delicious. We so enjoyed two hours of walking around Old Towne Orange before our requested 9:00 am breakfast. Gorgeous fresh flowers graced the lovely home (even in our bathroom) and the trees on the estate are terrific. We hopefully will return again, but until then I find myself just refreshing the experience in my mind. A guest at our wedding decided to have their 40th anniversary party at the French Inn and it was exceptional in everyone's opinion.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjstaha
Reviewed 10 March 2010

This is a great ‘real’ place to stay if you just can’t take another stay in plastic corporate lodging. Like staying at Grandmothers home, if Grandmother happens to own a great old Edwardian home. They have events here, mostly weddings, and there is some noise (as there is everywhere in Orange County) but the grounds are lovely, the bed comfortable, I stayed in a room with swell old pink tile fixtures from another time. Don’t worry you get your cable and it is convenient to Old Town Orange and the rest of the Orange Country attractions. Breakfast is well-prepared and you will find your host Sarah charming. One caveat, you will hear the train whistles, so be prepared for that if you are a country dweller, if you hale from the city you won’t notice a thing.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CelineSoCA
Reviewed 24 January 2010

The French Estate, often referred to as The French Inn, was a terrific place to stay. I needed a room as I was in from out of town for a lavish Christmas party at an old friend's home. I prefer the Bed & Breakfast atmosphere to a local hotel for many reasons... one being the personalized service and terrific breakfasts. The French Estate more than exceeded my expectations. Sarah, the proprietor, was both charming and accommodating. In fact, I ended up inviting her to the Christmas party. The location could not have been better and the off street parking was a real plus. Not being near a main street made for very quiet, restful, sleep... something very important to me. I have traveled throughout Europe, New Zealand, etc., and I would rank The French Estate as comparable to most I have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Lost-Again99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
ALO Hotel
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to The French Inn? Share your experiences!