“THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT”
Review of Big A Motel

Big A Motel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed 21 June 2014

stayed here for a week and kept hearing things in the ceiling. for some reason my room had an attic access panel so i popped my head up there to see what was going on. what i found was a bird caught in fishing line attached to a large rat trap. the manager refused to do anything about the problem. last time i'm staying here

Room Tip: if you want a decent nights sleep at an affordable price just go with motel 6 ... its about 3 miles...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank unknown g

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this motel with my family for a few days its dirty and the guy at the front desk was very rude. My room was dirty my bed sheets were stained and smelled bad my bathroom was so nasty the tub was dirty the toilet had blood on it there was ants all over the room my baby would nap and ants were on top of her I asked to get my room cleaned and not once did they clean it I had to clean it myself. This place is so dirty I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank noemi g
Reviewed 14 December 2013

These people don't issue you a receipt for cash payment. I paid them a week's worth in cash and it took them 15 minutes before they were willing to finally hand me a receipt. Stay away! These people are new to the country, don't know the customs, and don't follow correct procedures. They are unwilling to cooperate in a friendly way because they're not familiar with the capitalist system. Also, they only clean your room every third day or so.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. They're very mediocre. But the bottom line is that if the people...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank salfippolito
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The room that we got was fine to me. Nothing was really dirty about the room. It wasn't fantastic but it wasn't awful either. The lady up front was very kind and did a lot for us. For example, she lent us a microwavable dish for the microwave and even some plastic silverware. She was always willing to send the maids back to our room as well, if it was dirty. One night, they did run out of toilet paper for the whole motel though, which I thought was very odd. Unfortunately, there was no breakfast as it says on the website and they don't give you any sort of confirmation of reservations, they just write your name down because they don't know how to use the computer apparently. They give receipts for the nights stayed though and they take credit card (I know someone on Yelp said they only take cash). There's no place to do your laundry unless you're walk to the plaza next door and there's no pool either. The area isn't the best (especially at night) but it's close to the bus stop so we could easily get to the Anaheim convention center or Disneyland within a 20 minute bus ride. There's also a McDonald's and gas station within a short walk for food or snacks. The keys are just punched holes in a card, so they aren't changed and they have the room number written on the card. Just more of a reason not to lose your card for obvious security issues. If you don't plan on staying in your hotel room very often, then it's a nice place to just sleep at night. The weekly rate is cheaper than the nightly rate because 6 nights was the same price as 7 nights. If you're on a budget, it's great but if you can spend more for a better location and place, go ahead.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the road and to the office seem to be the safest and cleanest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

The first room my boyfriend and I walked into was filthy. I had to pee badly, but one look at that toilet and I was repulsed. Urine and pubic hair on the seat. And to top it off, no toilet paper. The entire room looked like it had not been cleaned in days. My boyfriend went to talk to the front desk and they allowed him to look at other rooms. He said they looked the same. He went back and told the guy "hey just give me a clean room." The guy gave us his "best" room. This "lovely suite" had urine on the toilet, lots of hair displayed on the dirty floor, a grimey refrigerator, a nasty bathtub, and a mirror that had not been cleaned in years. This was the best?
Hey, I dont expect much from a motel. But cleanliness is basic. If a housekeeper were to dedicate a good amount of time Every Day cleaning it, I would stay here.
My boyfriend asked for his money back and we got out of there. We seriously felt so dirty after being in there, we had to shower right away. We did so immediately after checking in to a better place for the same price!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank coolestchicever
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This place is disgusting. After finding this place after a long day at Disneyland my fiance and I couldnt wait to get some sleep. When we got into the room my fiance set her bags down and went to use the bathroom. She let out a scream we'll never forget. The place was crawling with roaches. It was horrible. We picked our bags up off the floor and put them back into our car. We took pictures of the roaches in the room and went to the front desk to demand a refund. The manager at the front desk was very rude and said they never give refunds for any reason even though we stayed less than 5 minutes. I then showed him the pictures of the room covered in roaches and he agreed to refund our money if we deleted the pictures. This place is filthy. Please avoid it at all costs! You really do get what you pay for!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

In reply to the post on here saying there are vindictive and exagerated comments??? This site is to help people find accomodation and the comments are to HELP people not to be vindictive to the Hotel. SInce our trip last year, I have heard of 5 other reports of people staying in this accomodation. One group after seeing their rooms promply grab their bags, dropped the key and remote back to reception, and with prying eyes on them jumped back into their cars and couldnt get out of there quick enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion HOWEVER for the sake of future travellers to that area, at least be honest with comments regarding the place, which is what has been done with the majority of them. We are in the process of trying to find the photos we took of the following; - filthy unflushed toilet/filthy bed linen/filthy towels/mould in fridge/ broken window screens and will post them - this will prove once and for all that this place should be investigated.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank shopoholicAdelaide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Best Western Orange Plaza
ALO Hotel
ALO Hotel
#2 of 15 in Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County

Been to Big A Motel? Share your experiences!