I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are well maintained and the staff is very professional and accommodated our special request. See, we had arrived in CA prior to the hotel's check-in time and called round noon to see if any room was available with little expectation that there would be. A team member promised to call back if something came up and guess what ... they did! We were able to get unpacked by 2pm and get to the beach. From that point on, we took advantage of everything the hotel had to offer during our stay. We used the swimming pool, the hot tub and the exercise room several times during that week. By the way, the exercise equipment is extremely limited (3 machines in total - a treadmill, elliptical and weightlifting bench). Right next door to the hotel is a Wendy's (we ate there), a Best Buy (my husband went there out of boredom waiting for us to get ready) and a couple of other small fast food establishments (Starbucks, Quizno's). Across the street, however, we discovered there was a pretty fantastic outlet mall complete with outside vendors (love my kettle corn), an AMC movie theatre and several eat in restaurants such as BJs on the grounds in addition to the brand name stores. Another plus was the ART shuttle which picked us up and delivered us to and from Disneyland while we were there. The morning buffet when we made it to breakfast was pretty good. Nothing particularly fancy but it came with the room so what's not to love. The elevators were small and slow so getting to your room or to the lobby took some time. But other than that, the only other minor inconvenience was due to my own ignorance probably. I booked a secret rate hotel off Hotwire so the room we were given was a Queen bed with a sofa bed. I would have preferred two Queens for us and our kids. With that said, we received free parking, free breakfast, free wifi, a great rate, a mini refrigerator, laundry facilities which we did use and freedom to explore the area due to its close proximity to attractions and the highway. I knocked down a star only because although I was extremely pleased with the hotel overall, I wasn't blown completely away. Would definitely stay again and recommend to loved ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the ALO Hotel! Our boutique-inspired hotel combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. All of the luxurious guest rooms at ALO Hotel are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, televisions, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. Stay in and eat at the delicious Anepalco’s Cafe, our Mexican French Fusion restaurant located right in the hotel. Just moments away, enjoy sports events at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. If you're in need of a wardrobe update or want to catch a movie, the Outlets of Orange are a mere 3 blocks away. Looking to visit Disneyland Resort? Anaheim Resort Transit provides affordable shuttle service to the resort right from the hotel! UCI Medical Center and Chapman University are our neighbors for those visiting their students. And you'll be glad to know that John Wayne Airport is just a short drive away. At ALO Hotel, your options are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your ALO Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel Orange
- Ayres Hotel Orange
- Orange Ayres Hotel
- ALO Hotel Orange, Orange County