“Horrible, sleazy, low life place”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Fairfield, Iowa
“Horrible, sleazy, low life place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I can't believe people reviewed this as excellent! It is so sleasy, so noisy, so low life, the environment so cheap, I booked it to save $100/per night but I couldn't sleep so what was the point, plus I hated evey minute but coudn't find another place to go at 10pm at night. I would strongly advise anyone with any refinement to avoid this at all cost.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ferenc55
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 31 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I just wanted let you know I have stayed here quite a few months, and I am still satisfied. I enjoy your establishment because I always feel relax and feel rested. I have enjoy my visit here, and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I would like to send out a special recommendation of appreciation for Nidhi, Mina, Beverly and Sabrina, Lucy. They have welcomed me in a VIP guest. They have expressed a great deal of professionalism and I hope they are recognized for there ability to make every guest feel like this is there home away from home. They all make every guest feel like family here. The Staff always wear a smile on their face and come to work with a positive attitude ready to serve their guests and resolve any problems with a smile on there face.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bill D
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Your glowing review of our hotel is greatly appreciated. The staff and I are so glad we were able to provide you with a quiet, clean and comfortable stay; one where you woke up each morning feeling rested. It is our goal to ensure 100% guest satisfaction - I will let the staff know that we were able to fulfill that with you, specifically Nidhi, Mina, Beverly, Sabrina and Lucy.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and would love to have you do so again in the future. We will be sure to continue to welcome you and all of our other guests with a positive attitude and smiles on our faces!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Nidhi, Mena, Sabrina, and Beverly (the people I talked to) were all very helpful and extremely polite. Anytime I needed anything they were always there to take care of it. The location of the hotel can't be beaten, it is directly next to the Honda Center and right down the street from Disney. The room was kept very clean and all of the amenities that I need are inside my room. 10/10, would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
The staff and I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful things you wrote about your stay at our hotel. Having read your feedback on the customer service Nidhi, Mena, Sabrina, Beverly and the rest of the staff provided to you was so rewarding. We strive every day to fulfill our guest's expectations and are so happy to hear we exceeded yours.

We also appreciate your recommendation for others to stay at our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have additional guests spend a night or more with us and for you to do so again sometime in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

i have been staying here for 3 months and feel at home here. working alot i come here to relax as i come in the frist words i hear is how are you or how was your day. If i need anything they get it for me. There rates are below everyone even hotels. com could not come close to their prices. so for me i like it here and would not stay anywhere else. mina and the manger have become great friends for me and my family

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Jimmy,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future staysOnce again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

My stay here in Orange Extended Stay has been a pleasant experience thus far. The entire staff is such a delight and very supportive of the guest. I would like to send out a special recommendation of appreciation for Nidhi, Mina, Beverly and Sabrina. They have welcomed me in a VIP guest. They have expressed a great deal of professionalism and I hope they are recognized for there assistance. My wife and I have enjoyed it to the fullest of capacity.

Thank You all.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County – Katella Ave. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

What a find! ...located by The Honda Center, Anaheim Stadium, Disneyland and Medieval Times - - nestled amongst The Lazy Dog Cafe, CineMark Theaters and a Starbucks.

TOURISTS: You will get reasonable rates for a clean room. Please note there is no pool. But if you are here visiting, you shouldn't be hanging out around the hotel you should be out sight seeing and enjoying Southern California, right?

BUSINESS PEOPLE: I was here on business and lived at this hotel for four months (with my small dog) and I had a WONDERFUL experience.

The rooms were recently remodeled with a fresh coat of paint and new carpet. And after reading some of the other reviews it seems this hotel desperately needed this face lift. I hope they continue to make other upgrades. There is also a park (hidden) behind the hotel that is great to walk or bike with your pooch.

The real reason I would recommend this hotel is for the EXCEPTIONAL STAFF.

Nidhi, Mina, Bev and Sabrina should truly be recognized for THE BEST customer service! These ladies ALWAYS wear a smile on their face and come to work with a positive attitude ready to serve their guests. I have seen them all handle some difficult guests with such effortless grace.

You will feel right at home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stay about 280 days a year away from home and always try and stay at Extened Stay. And as always my stay here so far after about 5 weeks has been up to what I always find at these hotels. Very friendly staff, front desk personal are a 10 as well as the cleaning staff. Everyone here makes me feel as if I were home. Thank you all so much! Look foward to the next 6 to 7 weeks. The only thing I wish they had would be a pool, and more TV chanels.
Craig Combs,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and continue enjoy your stay with us at Extended Stay Hotel Orange County Katella Ave. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
ALO Hotel
#2 of 15 in Orange
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,381 reviews
BEST WESTERN Orange Plaza

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Address: 1635 W Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867-3412
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Extended Stay Orange