Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
US$147
US$125
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Orange Plaza(Orange)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$88
Motel 6 Orange - Anaheim(Orange)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$80
All reviewshonda centerhome away from hometilted kiltcomfortable experiencesecond homeparking lotmovie theater and restaurantsrelaxing eveningneeded a place to staythe check in processgreat customer servicethe rooms were niceorange countyoatmeallaundry roomangels stadiumkatella
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have been traveling all over the West since 1998. I have to tell you, the experience at Katella -Orange, CA has been the " BEST " by far. The staff is always courteous, well groomed, smiling, and always there to help you. I'm so delighted on my stay ( July 16th-Oct. 19th ) and still staying
thru December 15th. The river road trail is directly behind you, a Gigantic ( 20 ) screen Movie theatre in the parkiong lot ( 800 ft ) away, The Lazy Dog Cafe' is the BEST place to eat, meet, and drink in the West, believe me when I say " MEET "...The people are very friendly in and around Orange. I will continue to enjoy my stay at the BEST EXTENDED STAY in AMERICA
:0)
JH-from Sandy, Oregon

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack H
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Jack, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you are enjoying your stay at Extended Stay America in Orange Katella. As a Hotel manager it is one of the best rewards to hear great comments about our hotel employees. Thank you again for your review. If we can do anything else to make your stay more enjoyable please, do not hesitate to contact me at org@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

On the day I was due to arrive I received a call from the hotel saying they had given away my room for the night and to not show up. I was only a few hours away and they did not offer me any other options to set me up in another hotel. I was furious and said I would be there at check in time and that they needed to find a way to honor my guaranteed reservation as I had no other options. Upon arriving they said they had to give me an upgrade (and demonstrated anger at my "low" rate). The room was a king bed on the top floor. The hallway smelled awfully of smoke, they had put me onto the smoking floor. My room seemed clean at first, then I noticed all the surfaces were covered in dust, there was some kind of glue all over the top of dresser, the shelf in the closet was broken with no brace so it fell onto my foot, and the bed and pillows were so hard and uncomfortable I barely slept. We couldn't use the air conditioning either because it sounded like it was spilling onto the floor all night very loudly. I was hoping to be able to express my concerns at check out but the girl at the desk was the one who had called to tell me I no longer had a room, and she recognized me. She was bitter and short like it was my fault I wanted a room... So rude!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ambria M
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition. The issues about the hallway smell and Room you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will I hope that you will contact me directly, at org@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I recently booked a 5-week stay the Extended Stay on Katella, and was very pleased with the overall experience. For starters, I booked the room online a few days before I needed to check in, and by the time I clicked to finalize the reservation there were only queen beds available. I am 6'8" and would have felt like the Dr. Seuss character who either had his head or feet poking out of the bed cause it was too short. I called the hotel directly, and the person at the front desk switched me to a king without hassle or delay. When we arrived, the host was very pleasant and got us checked right in. Within one or two days, all of the staff knew my wife and I by name and made a point of greeting us each time we came in or out. This made the stay all that much more enjoyable, as we felt like part of the "family."

If you are looking for first class accommodations and mints on the pillow, this s not a good option. but if you want a quiet, comfortable, affordable, and overall very pleasant place to stay I highly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: If it's hot (90+), ask for a room on the east side of the building, as the sun in the late afternoon gets pretty hot and brutal.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike C
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I have stayed in hotels all over the world. The staff at this extended Stay America hotel is the friendliest and most respectful I've ever encountered. The hotel is clean in a great location with movie theater and restaurants nearby. Disneyland is right down the street. The fully equipped kitchen makes life really easy and inexpensive. The bed is comfortable with lots of pillows and a recliner makes for a relaxing evening. I have been here for 2 weeks now and love it.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank billydc57

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

When I first checked in I was warmly greeted by the girl at the front desk, her name was Sabrina. At first, I thought it was Dakota Fanning working the front desk. However, the way in which I was greeted was the reason why I decided to stay because I was not going to stay due to geographical reasons, but I did. All the staff are both professional and very attentive towards their guests. I have been in five star/five diamond joints, that have had unfriendly staff. At the Bellagio I had ten chocolate bars stolen by housekeeping that I had purchased at their rival locationl, The Venetian. The housekeeper had the decency to place my newspaper in the coffee table and disturbed a ninety dollar half eaten steak left in a to go box. I had over tenthousand dollars worth of jewelry in the safe along with cash. Meanwhile, it was indicated at the door to housekeeping that their presense was not required. Housekeeping at the Extended Stay are very professional and respectful. The rooms are very clean and everything is new. All the rooms are like having a small apartment. The doors don't keep the noise in and the halls are noisy sometimes loudness coming from a room with a guest having a "casual encounter with a lady". The staff here are way more attentive then staff at a five star joint. I would like to thank Sabrina, Mena, Nidhi, and Beverly. Their friendliness I and great service skills are the reason why I extended my stay.
Rich.

• Stayed: September 2012
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Sabrina. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.