Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Warsaw, Oh
“Not my favorite”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here for over a month around Feb 2013. The good: The staff is friendly. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance. The bad: The property was advertised as newly renovated but the furniture was in pretty bad shape. My vehicle was burglarized in the parking lot. I surprised a prostitute in the stairwell one morning.....Not my first choice when staying in this area.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside of the building. The front parking lot is a circus on weekends and during event...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Once again I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not that great. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at org@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

In few words it is home away from home. I recommend it for people who are looking for a place where they can cook their own food. Front desk staff is really good and responsive. I like to stay here if go to this place in future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 14 March 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to contact me at org@extendedstay.com for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here for about 2 months and had a great experience. The room was cozy, amenities were provided and made it feel that I was in an apartment, not a hotel. I like that I could cook and feel at home. The staff was extremely friendly and even greeted me by name...made me feel very welcome. I would recommend staying here to anyone! Great location, close to many restaurants and movie theater, and safe area. Very happy with my experience and will definitely stay again in the future!

• Stayed January 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County – Katella. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels at org@extendedstay.com.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice rooms in good location near the Honda Center and just a short distance from the Anaheim Stadium. Staff are excellent- friendly and competent. Primary negative is the somewhat limited television channel selection

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mhinsm
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 27 February 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Orange
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This place is great, I have had to relocate from Nevada and have been staying here for over month. The girls are great and make my stay very accommodating. There are now painting so the hotel look nice on the outside. It close to some restaurants so I can walk to those. The room is great with a good view. Thanks Beverly for always helping me and the new girl. The manage is very nice and helps out whenever I need something.

Room Tip: 303 but I am staying there now.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. Thank you again for your kind words about the staff. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Orange, California
Reviewed 27 December 2012

For the past twenty years, my husband and I have spent three months in the winter in Southern California. The last twelve years have been spent at Extended Stay America on Katella. From the minute we walk up to the front desk to be greeted by name by Beverly, Mina, Sabrina or the manager, Nidi, we know we are home. Our room is "squeeky" clean, inviting, and comfortable but it is the warmth and competence of the staff along with the very reasonable rates which keep us returning each year. For an extended stay, one simply cannot find any better accommodations.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan E
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 8 January 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. Thank you again for your review. If we can do anything else to make your stay more enjoyable please, do not hesitate to contact me at org@extendedstay.com.
Madison, Georgia
Reviewed 13 November 2012

From the moment I entered this facility, I felt welcomed like a family member.
Mina at the front desk helped me with an early check in and googled addresses
I needed even printing them out for me. I was there for my son's wedding and
a great deal of congratulations and personal attention were given. They even
remembered my name!
The room and kitchen were modern and very clean, the bed was very
comfortable as was the air conditioning unit. The breakfast was continental
and the coffee excellent. It was quiet, yet close to everything. Honestly, I
felt so blessed to have chosen this facility sight unseen. It far exceeded my
expectations and I encourage anyone looking for a hotel in this area to
book here. It's a great deal!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#2 of 15 in Orange
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Address: 1635 W Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867-3412
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Extended Stay Orange