Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Sylva, North Carolina
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very professional and helpful staff. The room was wonderful and very clean. I have started staying at Extended Stay America motel's due to the inexpensive price and the clean atmosphere. If you can get past the idea that your room will not be cleaned every day then you are ok.

Found this particular ESA difficult to get too. The address you put into the GPS will direct you to the motel area but not to the motel itself. You need to turn into the theater parking lot to get there. Other than that, all ok. Will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
west jordan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Poorly equipped kitchen. We stated that there were two adults and two children on the reservation. Reserved a king room with the pull out. One would think that there would be linens in the room for the pull out but no. Spoke to the staff about it and they were unresponsive. I would not recommend staying here. The king bed was hard as a rock as well. Quite disappointed

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Orange hotels

Orange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I will always cherish my stay at this hotel. The staff, no words could describe how they have grown so close to my heart. They are so friendly, courteous, so sincere and always ready to help. Whenever I come in they always take time to greet the guests and ask how everything is with our stay, if our room is clean or if ever we needed anything in our rooms. They also have a grab and go breakfast which is also a great feature, plus the rooms come with a full kitchen and a big fridge! Not all hotels have this great amenities! Starting from the manager Nidhi, Caleb, Gemma, Michelle, and the rest of the staff including the cleaning crew are so adorable! This is one hotel that is highly recommendable!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Noemi220
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Other than the annoying guest downstairs, the broken bathroom vent, the clogged kitchen sink, and the hard beds, our stay was ok. The employees were super friendly and accommodated my needs. Plenty of restaurants and a Starbucks within walking distance. There's even a movie theater! We stayed in the Suite on the 4th floor. Maybe it was just our room that was bad. Other friends enjoyed their stay here and recommend this hotel to us. Hopefully your stay is better than ours.

• Stayed October 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am working in California on a long term contract and traveling back and forth to my family in Colorado. I have been at this Extended Stay for almost a full year now. I love the place, the service and the people (both staff and other long term guests). Because I am a long term guest, I often leave on travel for business and family and leave my room and belongings behind. When I come back my room is clean and everything is safe and secure. I come back to Extended Stay feeling like I am returning to my second home.

A couple of thoughts for other travelers:
1) This is an extended stay hotel with the services designed to reduce the price and make an extended stay affordable. If you want super plush bed linens, bath robes, free this and that and 24 hour room service then you should stay at an expensive hotel. This Extended Stay does have free WiFi, Free limited cable TV, Free Grab-n-Go breakfast, snack machines, laundry room and more.
2) This hotel is very close to Honda Center, Angel Stadium and Disney. I watch out my window and see the fireworks from Angel Stadium and I can hear the fireworks each night from Disney.
3) Even though this hotel is close to these attractions, crime is near zero. There is 24x7 security in the parking lot and the hotel is very strict about parking so you will always have a place to park. The city of Orange Police Department is very diligent, polite and always on the move in their fine city.
4) There are many excellent restaurants within a 3-4 minute walk including a Mexican food restaurant with a fabulous lunch buffet, a wonderful pub, a great steak/prime rib place, two or three other restaurants with American fare, a gourmet pizza joint, a Thai restaurant and a Starbucks and a Subway.
5) Lots of other restaurants deliver including multiple Asian restaurants, sandwiches/burgers, pizza and more.
6) There is a major 3D cinema located in the same parking lot as the hotel. Wonderful.
7) There is no pool or workout room. But, there is another Extended Stay a couple of miles away that you have free access to their workout room. You get the benefit without paying the higher price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank billydc
Portage, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The staff can change your mind about a hotel. At this extended stay the staff is accommodating, if you need to print, fax, or copy a document. Stamps available & they are responsible when it comes to shipping & receiving a package. Day shift staff are amazing and one mid-shift young lady who knew & spoke to everyone who walked through the door she's amazing. I enjoyed the oatmeal breakfast snack bar. Cinema theatres, Chilis restaurant, authentic Mexican and Irish pub restaurant share the lot near the extended stay. For $2.00 you can take the 53 bus to main street and stop by massage envy for a massage, Fresh & Easy for groceries and most important the Mall (Nordstrom's, etc...) many stay in the hotel to go to a concert at the Honda Center or walk a few feet to the baseball stadium.

• Stayed August 2013
The Pas, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Really "lucked out" when we booked on line! My wife and I went to Anaheim to watch baseball. We had never been to Anaheim so all our research was done on-line. We were hoping we would be able to walk to the games. We were about a 25 minute leisurely stroll to Angel's Stadium, a very easy and safe walk. There were no events at Honda Center that suited our taste but if there had been, we were a 10 minute walk. We checked out Disney and it was a $15 cab ride, very close. Rooms are clean and modern with a full size fridge, stove and microwave. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. Laundry facilities are also an asset. Would stay here again if I was ever back in Anaheim.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
ALO Hotel
#2 of 15 in Orange
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,381 reviews
BEST WESTERN Orange Plaza

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Address: 1635 W Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867-3412
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Extended Stay Orange