“Clean and quiet hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Loved the free shuttle to and from Disneyland. Bummed there was no refrigerator in the room. All hotel staff was very friendly! Omelets were delicious for breakfast! Beds were basically the equivalent to sleeping on a cloud. Nothing fancy but exactly what you need for a weekend in Disneyland.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you next time you plan a trip to Disneyland.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Courteous staff from the desk to the room, waitstaff, consierage, and even the valet people. Clean everywhere. Roellio at the bar was great. I just wish the rooms had a mini fridge and microwave. The cookies are a great signature addition.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you had a great stay and that you had a great experience with our team. We strive to make you feel at home. We hope to see you in the near future during your next trip into town.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel was great. The food was delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful! The meeting rooms are spacious, clean, and versatile. I would recommend this for conferences, business travel, or family travel. There is a shuttle that takes you to Disneyland. There is a bus stop near the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to town or visiting Disneyland.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The DoubleTree in Orange, CA was a great option for business travelers. It has quick access to freeways - which is helpful when your stay is for business travel - but also close to restaurants and play which is very helpful when the work is over! Great amenities - wireless internet, working desk, a great view when actually taking a break from work, and very friendly and helpful staff. I received an upgrade to the 17th floor which had especially nice views, complimentary wireless access, and food vouchers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bethany G

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back on your next business trip. We are here for all your business travel needs.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Doubletree at Anaheim is a nice hotel. If everything goes smoothly you will probably have a good stay,

I reserved a king room on the hilton honors web site and then called the hotel direct to inquire about a rollaway for the room. I was told that was perfectly fine. In the website I gave them all the information about who was in the room. two adults, a 4 year old and an infant.

When I go there they ran out of rooms and upgraded me to a premium king room. However they would not provide a rollaway for the premium room. I called the front desk to complain and asked for a manager to call me back. No call. I went down to the front desk to ask about the status of fixing my situation. They did not know about it and said that they would call me back. No call. I left a note for the manager detailing the situation and asked for a call to my cell. No Call.

In the end my family of 4 had to sleep in the king bed. Not acceptable.

They claimed two items.

1. they ran out of rooms. not my fault, If 4 people cannot be accommodated in the room then why did they put me in the room? That information was clearly in the reservation.

2. the fire code. They said could not put a rollaway in the room due to the fire code. The fire code does not tell them what can be in the room. It has criteria about total square feet and the number of square feet taken up by furniture and the amount of clear room to walk. The hotel itself has to have a compliance plan. They could have removed the desk and the chair + ottoman to alleviate the compliance problem. nope. They offered to have their engineer call me. I said yes. No call.

In the end the four of us slept in that bed that night. The next morning i wanted to get moved to another room and asked them to do it for me. Against policy. The customer has to do it. That might be ok if it was my fault the room was not right - but it was theirs. Their business is disney. they screw up and want you to come back to the hotel after rooms are available to move. they do not understand their customer.

A month later i get a letter from the director of rooms, with regrets for the situation. She kindly blamed me for reserving a king room. She reiterated the issue with the fire code without any detail as I requested in my note . To make up for the situation they have given me a coupon for 1 free night at THEIR hotel. I hope for their "karma" sake they really meant it.

Their hotel is in california and I live in michigan. Its hard for me not to think that they understand that this will never be used.

I was just going to put this behind me until I got the apology letter from them. I guess now I'll file a dispute with my credit card.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

The DoubleTree Management Team

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for four nights from January 31 to Feb 4. The room was at hhonors floor.
Pros: Spacious Room, large TV, Clean, helpful staff (especially Jay at concierge)
Cons: No Complementary Internet, Parking or Breakfast. No hairdryer, minibar or microwave in the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feed back. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back next time you are in town.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had a very pleasant stay. The buttons on the A/C took some time before they started working. I had to keep pushing them to get the temperature to rise or decrease. Other than that the room was very roomy, very clean, and I was very nice to have a microwave and mini fridge in the room. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!