“I would not stay at this hotel again”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, United States
“I would not stay at this hotel again”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The room was kind of damp. It was kind of gross walking on the damp carpet and sleeping with damp bed sheets. Also assigned to a room with wheel chair accessible bathroom. My kids like to take bath and it didn't have a bath tub. When I called to ask about this, rather than apologizing for their mistake, the manager told me I requested it that way. If they couldn't switch rooms, they should've at least apologize. I would not stay at this place again. P.S. Only good thing about this place is people who drive the shuttle. They are friendly and very service oriented.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. We are taking your comments into consideration as we take the steps necessary to make it right for you and our future guests. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.

DT Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lake Elsinore, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here as my sister and brother-in-law were going to be staying here as well. They have good taste so why not?! The pillows were like placing your head in a cloud - love those pillows. We went to the bar one night and the margarita's were EXCELLENT! The hotel was very clean and the gym was good, better than most. I also discovered, when I got home, that I had left my hair dryer and flat iron in our room. I called a the next day and they had it and were mailing it to me, much to my surprise and pleasure... I was disappointed with the no cookie on the bed or even when we checked in. Would I stay here again...... yes! But next time can I get my cookie???

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Coordinator at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-OC. Our biggest apologies about the cookies at check in. It is our main priority for you to feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay. We look forward to your next visit so we can welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.
Barbados
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Always enjoy my stay here. Check in is fast and efficient. Staff are friendly. Rooms are always clean/modern. Food is great. Great location.There is a nice shopping mall and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Samantha B
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-OC. It is our main priority for you to feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay. We look forward to your next visit so we can welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We arrived here for 8 nights. Reception and check in was efficient. We dealt with a lady called Jesse who was very helpful and professional and resolved our issue with our door keys very well. The room was an HHonors room on the 9th floor and was lovely and spacious. It was a corner room and we were happy with it. It is the only hotel during our stay in the States this time that didn't have a fridge in the room to keep the babies milk cold and I felt we should not have to rent one when we are paying so much for a hotel room. Wifi also isn't included but it was available free of charge at Starbucks across the road and you could enjoy a coffee at the same time. If a coffee shop can provide wifi free of charge, surely a hotel the size of a Hilton can in 2014!! The concierge were very helpful and both the shuttle service and the drivers to Disneyland were great. The service here was first class and complimentary. You could set your watch to the timings of the busses. First class! The only disappointment was the fire alarm going off on two consecutive nights. Whilst this is beyond the control of the Hotel, the complete and utter lack of procedure to deal with an evacuation really unnerved us. There was not one member of staff to be seen. To be fair, the duty manager at checkout compensated us for this and we are grateful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

What more can I say close to Angel Stadium, Amtrak and Disneyland / From the start you get greeted with a smile from the front desk which always set the tone for your vacation. / I upgrade to a premium room with a great view and that comes with internet which is nice. I like the fact that a key is needed to get up the upper floors make me feel safe and secure . Also they have a wonderful place downstairs the brew starbucks coffee in the morning if you need your fix.
There is a cost for parking but the rate is fair and lowest in the area

Beds - 10/10
Staff 10/10
Disneyland Shuttle is great and it's free 10/10

Gym, Pool, and Tennis Court and I also believe a basketball court what more can you ask for.

So my overview of my stay is a 10/10 Great staff, Good Location, Great Beds, Cookies are amazing. Would recommend upgrading to premium room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel and were not disappointed. We were checked in upon arrival by Courtney and she was very helpful from the start. I hadn't realised that the free wifi was only in the lobby but Courtney very kindly gave us a code so that the children could use their devices in the room each evening after a busy day at the parks. The children were also supplied with plenty of free hot cookies during our stay (mostly by Courtney!) which was great.
We liked the pool area with the towels provided and often enjoyed a drink outside in the sunshine during happy hour. The children also made use of the free tennis courts.
The concierge staff were very helpful with our questions about the area. We used the free shuttle to Disney and back which was ideal after walking around the parks all day. Rey was great with the children and even taught my son to do a card trick whilst we waited until it was time for the shuttle to go.
The location was perfect being right next to the large shopping mall with easy access to shops, restaurants and a large cinema.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and quiet.
The only issue we experienced was the alarm tripping during the night on our first two nights and having to evacuate the hotel which wasn't great. However this was repaired on the third day and without any hesitation we have been offered a refund for both nights by the hotel manager and are just waiting to receive this from the agents we booked through so really cannot complain about that.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor which was quiet.
Seattle
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Room was clean and modern, just what you would expect from a doubletree. It is located near a mall with lots of food options, and even though I didn't use it, it seems to be one of the few hotels who still have a hotel operated shuttle, which is a nice bonus. Check out was a little difficult, I was leaving every early (around 4:30a) and it was somewhat difficult finding somebody to help me at the desk. Overall, a good hotel, I'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay hear with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-Orange County. It is our main priority to make you feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay. The next time you are visiting Anaheim, we hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
ALO Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Ayres Hotel Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!