“Great for price and area”

Best Western Orange Plaza
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very friendly desk. Michael is his name. Got there early, room was ready. Very clean and modern looking. Just keep in mind, no microwave in room. Area around motel was good. Gas, groceries, shopping in 1/4 mile radius. Bus stop right next to motel. Good stay and would recommend to anyone going to southern California.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Orange Plaza

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Was here on Business, The Room:perfect. The Grounds and area VERY QUIET.almost silent. The decor was modern and the housekkeeping staff very genial. However there was one in particular FRONT DESK EMPLOYEE that was a real MORON, wouldn't make eye contact, no sense of humor. Why have someone "like that" in the "hospitality industry"?? There was NO FUN in what this person was doing,. real in-ept. THE OTHER EMPLOYEE was all "stuffy" Like what hye was doing was SOOOOOO important. He acted like he was "going out of his way" What an Idiot. There are NICER hotels W/o the crummy continental breakfast for less than $119

Room Tip: Stay the Red Roof Inn Down The Street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aerovergalineas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at this motel for five nights. Now I have hundreds of bites from bed bugs. The manager I spoke with twice said they didn't find an infestation which is what I assumed he would say. How could he admit finding them. I want a refund, but the manager just made light of the situation and made snarky comments. For instance, saying he would ask the next bed bug he sees where they hide when I said he must not know what he's looking for if none were found. I have hundreds of bites. Some are on my face and eyelid which is swollen. I have photos of my face and worst areas of bites. Many are developing blisters. I've only been at my home since my stay there and I'm of course worried that some eggs may have been on my property and are now in my home. I made a report to the Bed Bug Registry and will make others. I've been miserable and confined with these bites. It's also extremely mentally creepy to think of all these bugs on me while I slept.
There were also other problems here like odd housekeeping - hairs on a towel, pile of used towels left on floor, water bottles taken, and ice machine not working one day. Despite this the motel was OK until I discovered the bed bug bites.
I gave the management an opportunity to make this right but they weren't even courteous or concerned. I'm pursuing this through Best Western. I'm very upset by my whole experience and wish I had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Comfortable bed and very clean premises and rooms. We were very impressed. There is a limited continental breakfast, but we were satisfied. Wi-fi available, which we used. We would stay here again if in the area,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip. I didn't want to spend a fortune and this Best Western provided a good basic room at a fair price. This is a 2-story building with exterior access to the rooms. The room and bath were clean with no problems. There is free open parking available.The breakfast isn't much (coffee, juice, muffins) but there are plenty of places to eat in the area. Although there is traffic noise from Chapman, the room windows are dual pane so it wasn't a problem. Yes, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a decent hotel, nothing special but nice for the price. A bit noisy from the neighboring rooms, showers were loud. Close to freeway access. Several stores and restaurants close by. Not a bad price for S.California, Disneyland and the amusement parks fairly close by drive prices upwards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When searching for a hotel, I always try to get free breakfast included. Although this hotel offers the free breakfast, it was nothing more than toast, fruit, drinks and cereal (hot and cold). Not too bad for quick, easy and free. I was just looking forward to waffles :( On the flip side, the hotel was everything we were looking for; close to Disneyland, quite, friendly and clean. We got a two room deal, which was perfect for a family of 4. Main room with king and bathroom setup. The second room was just a double with night stands, a dresser and most importantly, a tv. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean (even the remotes). This stay has made me a Best Western fan!

I will stay here again when in the area, and plan somewhere else for a tasty breakfast. I recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a nice, restful and inexpensive stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kkimm07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange

Been to Best Western Orange Plaza? Share your experiences!