“This motel wasnt reasonable at all.”
Review of Palm Cafe & Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orick
Palm Cafe & Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orick
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We didnt have a choice but to stay here for a night, the rate wasnt that great. The room had a terrible stench. We had to open all windows but didnt help much. Swimming pool didnt have water in it. The cafe food was ok. The town was beautiful though.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank 53Melissap

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I don't know if it's the magic of the area, or the Awesome food we had at the Palm Cafe, but I LOVE Orick. We were told by an ex forest ranger to make sure to stop in Orick for the Lady Bird Johnson Grove, and Fern Canyon. So, we stopped there for a night on our way to bigger, and better things, so we thought. We ended up staying in Orick, in the Palm Motel for 3 days, because it's so enchanting there. Let's face it, the room was a million years old and probably wasn't great a thousand years ago, but it was clean, I slept like a rock, it was Large, and in the end I had everything I needed. It's beyond quaint, and if you were to adjust your radio while driving you'd miss the whole town, but I thought it was a little gem, unfortunately hidden beneath a run-down exterior.
At the Palm Cafe I had a burger and fries and the most amazing shake I've ever had (Neapolitan shake with peanut butter), and it was all fantastic. The little salad-bar wasn't too bad, and their breakfast was TDF. It has Character. We're headed back in June, and I couldn't be more excited.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrshamills
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Here is the deal. It is July 4th weekend and we didn't reserve a room .... we just plain forgot. We drove for 125 miles looking for room and ended up sleeping in the car in Trinidad. It was crazy and when we woke up in the morning there were five other cars that probably had the same "no vacancy" issues we had. Anyways after a night from hell in the car, we were starving and the first place was the Palm Cafe.....pretty much a throwback....greasy spoon place run by two older women. The decorations was so funny, acrostic and all kinds of crafty stuff but for some reason we loved it. The older ladies were kind and we really did look like crap after we all five slept in the car the night before...it was like getting to Grandma's house and she has the table all set up because she knows your gonna be hungry. Anyways the food was fine, there was plenty of it and it made us feel like a million bucks after the night we had had. So worth stopping in if only to see the jukebox, funny decorations and pictures etc. In the bathroom they had this sign which kind of summed up how my whole family felt after a night in the car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank diamondback818
Reviewed 1 September 2013

With this Motel being the only place still open in Oirck, there's not much choice. It looks warn-out and run down. And it is. I am no snob by any means, but this place was poor. The old guy on reception was uninterested in anything but the credit card. You would get headache using the pool, as it has no water in it. The room was old & dingy. The Cafe on the other hand was reasonable & decent food. Overall a 4/10.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stephen A
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Had to have a place for the night as all of the campgrounds were full. $90 gets you a warn out room with almost hot water and lots of soap but no shampoo. At least the bedding seemed to be clean. I do not recommend this place, make reservations and camp.

Room Tip: Go Camping
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jordan A
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Orick, Ca, has the potential to be a nice place, as the gateway to the Redwoods. But, sadly, it is a dying, run-down town. There is no place I would consider staying overnight. I was disappointed in the Palm Cafe for food, after seeing some glowing reviews on this site. Even after inquiring about the pie, the waitress didn't offer us any, & brought the check with the dinners. So no pie for us. Arcata is the only nice town from Crescent City to Fortuna, Ca. So try to plan your mealtime/overnight for that location!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Deedaree
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The Palm Cafe was recommended to us as a place to stop for a post hike snack if we liked pie. I love pie, but my husband doesn't. But, since he loves me, we stopped anyway. He actually ordered pie too, which shocked me. He devoured his blackberry a la mode, as I did my coconut cream. It was amazing. The slices were huge too, mine especially. We were so full, from just pie & water. I'm so glad we stopped. It was a cute little place with nice people.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RevGetch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orick
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Trinidad Bay Bed & Breakfast Hotel
Historic Requa Inn
Historic Requa Inn
#1 of 1 in Klamath

Been to Palm Cafe & Motel? Share your experiences!